If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Couple Theories

Options
Hybrid_Wolf
Hybrid_Wolf Member Posts: 24
edited January 16 in Lore

Who do you guys think the most likely survivors to couple up are?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

As in romance? Maybe David and either Kate or Nea. And maybe Claudette and Jake, those two seemed close in that cinematic we see every time we open up the game (but act like rank 20s for not hearing the Trapper's terror radius, only his heartbeat)

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

Claudette and Jake and David and Dwight, my two headcanon, and then of course the Canon Nurse and Wraith

• JustJess
    JustJess Member Posts: 154
    Options

I can see Kate and Quentin.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,152
    Options

Claudette and Jake are pretty obvious. I mean... LOOK AT THEM!!!

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143
    Options

Eh as much as I hate It (and would love to be taken by the entity to be clauds hope) i can see her and jake

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748
    Options

I am disturbed now.

I can't get the image out of my head now 😭.

Kate is a devil in disguise and she needs to be wiped out by Jeff (lol music battle).

I ship Quentin x Feng (Queng) Dwight x Laurie (Dwaurie) David x Meg (Mevid) Adam x Claudette (Adette) Jeff x Jane (Jaff 😂) and Jake x Nea.

That leaves Tapp, Ace, Ash, Bill and Kate out. I didn't want to do LGBTQ+ with Ace and Ash or something, I just left these characters out because Tapp, Ace, Ash and Bill are the older characters so I didn't think they'd fit in with anyone. And ######### Kate, she can die

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

Imma go at this initially by canonicity.

Quentin is straight. Laurie is straight. Their canonical love interests only represent that. Quentin doesn't deal well with stress - I doubt he'd be able to pull himself together enough to pursue a relationship, but Laurie canonically perseveres regardless of timeline.

Ash would be against character to go gay/bi. His movies and show actually have him being homophobic, despite a stated 'okayness' with LGBT people - he's straight to a fault. He's a womanizer and flirt though, so he'd try, I just don't think he'd get anywhere.

Detective Tapp has a wife and son, so he might be out of the roster. Bill also canonically has a family, we just don't know about them.

Ace canonically seduces people, but there's nothing on his actual sexuality.

That leaves us with Dwight, Meg, Claudette, Jake, Nea, Ace, Feng, David, Kate, Adam, Jeff, and Jane, all the OC-IP of Dead by Daylight, without canon sexualities - that's a lot to play with. Add in Laurie and maybe Ash as a pity lay, and that's 14

A recurring theme in their OCs, though, is that these young people are more devoted to causes than people/partners. Kate and Jeff to music, Adam and Claudette to their studies, et al.

If I were to pair them, it would be along those interests.

Kate/Jeff share music/community, Adam/Claudette, I think David and Jane would find their backgrounds and aggressive natures complementary (however much I want David to be gay). Jake/Nea/Meg all have rebellious streaks and seem like the people to bounce around a bit. Dwight (if he got involved) might couple up with Feng or Laurie, but Ash and Ace would probably flirt the most with that, seeing him as a lesser male - they seem the type of dolts to believe in alphas/betas. Alternatively, Ace could take Dwight under his wing, and he could be less predatory than the gambler/smoke jacket-wearing image implies - neither has a canon sexuality, so that could be something nice.

Honestly, though, coupling up in anything long-term probably isn't likely. The survivors are under a lot of stress, with a chthonic Entity simultaneously enhancing and draining their emotions. Breakups are gonna be more common than anything lasting long.

• JustJess
    JustJess Member Posts: 154
    Options

Yeah now with Jeff out I can see those 2 more. And Qeng is a cute one, I like your couples seems legit.

• Chaddad2169
    Options

Yeah, the reason I want with Queng is because I think that Quentin and Feng have a lot in common, it's proven in the film that Quentin doesn't really focus on his studies, rather just participating in social media activities (also seen in the film) and he doesn't sleep. Pair that with Feng who also doesn't focus on her studies, likes to participate in video game competitions and she also doesn't sleep.

We know that Feng's parents didn't approve of her addiction to video games which also explains her character.

The only thing we know about Quentin's parents is that his father (played by Clancy Brown in the film) was the principal of his high school, we don't know anything about his mother.

And pairing their appearances I can just see it happening

Beanie Quentin and moonrise Feng 😊

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

Still disturbed because:

QUENTIN HAS A GIRLFRIEND ALREADY

*dun dun dunnn*

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    edited July 2019
    Options

I see lots of people here shipping Jake and Claudette, but no one shipping Dwight and Claudette.

• Both are really scared of their situation (sure, everyone besides Ace seems to be scared also, but they are scared out of their fooping minds)
    • Both are the only OG survivors with Aura reading perks.
    • Both have the role of helping their team mates (faster speed for his team with Dwight, and Claudette is without a single doubt in anyone's mind the healer)
    • Both are the only survivors that NEED glasses (Ace has them, but doesn't NEED them, and have head cosmetics that doesn't have glasses)
    • Both are nerds in their own way.

They are my only ship, I don't ship much.

Post edited by TheGameZpro3 on
  • Chaddad2169
    Options

Nancy wasn't his girlfriend, just his crush and let's be honest. There isn't a high chance he'll see Nancy again

• I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324
    Options

stop

• Chaddad2169
    Options

@I_Eat_Worms

As ZubatLEL would say

Unlucky

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    Options

David and Jake. Both come from rich backgrounds, while David is aggressive, and Jake is calm. Their personalities are polar opposites but at the same time Jake would balance David out imo. As for other romantic options, Dwight and Meg perhaps? I mean Dwight honestly would be cuter with David imo but canon wise I'd expect David and Jake to get together. The only way I wouldn't expect the DavidXJake coupling to happen is if one of the two is not gay, and honestly I just have a feeling David at the very least is gay. It'd make a lot of sense as to why he is the way he is.

• Atrushan88
    edited July 2019
    Options

@Detective_Jonathan He doesn't look like the type of guy to beat someone up for being gay imo, but his past would make him seem like someone who would beat someone up just for being in his way. However a gay "bully" is a common trope. As for the relationship thing, perhaps relationships aren't something they'd have time for, but I guarantee you when they get a moment of reprieve some of them end up getting in the sack with each other. When you're in that kind of situation any time you have a chance to find some sort of joy, you're gonna take it.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

@Atrushan88 Highly doubt that, none of the survivors (Except Ace) would think about having sex with one another. If i was stuck in the realm, only thing on my mind would be trying to get out or figure out how to stop the thing that is forcing us to play this game. Not try and sleep with someone. It's just something i wouldn't consider a priority at the moment.

• Atrushan88
    edited July 2019
    Options

@Detective_Jonathan You'd have been in the Entity's Realm for years at this point. When you're at the campfire there's not much you can do afaik. It happens quite often in horror movies even. They get in an impossible situation, and eventually they just need to let off some steam. Generally these things will happen. It's not about TRYING to sleep with people. It's just something that would eventually happen after getting to know the people in the realm and not having much else to do/being in a hopeless situation. It's not like they've been there for just a week. They've been trying to escape for a while by now.

• Chaddad2169
    Options

I feel like when the survivors start losing hope they'd start doing some 😏 things.

It's just kind of a thing that happens sometimes, the survivors (and killers for that part) have been there for years, probably decades, centuries, we don't know for certain. I'd have imagined over this time they'd have gotten to know each other and then their relationships would just escalate into these types of things. Love, Sex all that stuff.

I highly doubt the survivors haven't done something like that at the campfire before.

• Atrushan88
    Options

@Chaddad2169 Exactly my thoughts. I'm sure they have gotten to "know each other" a few times by now at least.

• Chaddad2169
    Options

Who wouldn't want to screw these two hunks of love and joy?

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Options

Lets all admit it to our selves relationships don't happen in the realms too much of a chance your gf or bf might turn into a husk for that and when that happens youd probably become a husk too, honestly i feel like the campfire sees more black out parties at a frat house than black tie affair events

• Atrushan88
    edited August 2019
    Options

After the game I just had, I feel the need to ship Quentin and David, despite knowing it would likely never happen.

@Chaddad2169 This one's for you: Here David and Quentin are, in a trial with Laurie and Claudette. Claudette is failing miserably at everything, getting hooked several times, as is Laurie. Claudette kills herself(DC), and Laurie dies on the hook. All that was left were David and Quentin, with 3 generators left, trying their best to survive with an unspoken bond. David is running from the Doctor, while Quentin is repairing a generator as fast as he possibly can, David gets hooked for the first time.

Quentin sneaks up and saves David, healing him as the Doctor is coming to him with his medkit, he finishes the heal and they both run off in separate directions, the doctor is now on Quentin, he stalls for as long as possible for David to try to get a generator, it isn't enough, but David saves him, returns the heal and the doctor doesn't find them, David and Quentin make a long and quiet journey hiding from the doctor, looking for a generator to repair. Quentin, trying to save his sprint burst for necessity, is spotted and both unfortunately are found.

Quentin evades the Doctor's shock therapy behind a T wall, losing him, and he goes after David while Quentin works on a generator. Another generator is finished and David goes down. Quentin rushes for the save, heals him again and gets caught out, he stalls as long as possible with one gen left, but is eventually downed. The Doctor leaves him to find David, and he falls down a hole(Temple of Purgitation) to hide from the Doctor and await David's heal.

David comes and heals him, and they manage to evade the Doctor, and start to work on the generator. It's halfway done, they're almost there, but the Doctor finds them. David gets hit, and tries to evade him. He sees Quentin, and hits him as David rushes to try to protect him, but Quentin doesn't want to see David go down, and rushes in front of David to take the hit. He begins running the Doctor around, is downed again, and tries to pull the same maneuver. The Doctor however finds David and downs him as well, and it fails. The Doctor finds Quentin and hooks him, killing him. David however had Unbreakable, getting back up as Quentin was killed.

The Doctor closes the hatch, and the two doors are not terribly far apart. David manages to open the exit gate after hiding from the Doctor, and leaves with a heavy heart.

Honestly it makes a good story. I was the Quentin xD. Me and the David were literally trying to keep each other alive as long as possible, even at the risk of our own lives. I almost 2 pipped.

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 As for survivors not having relationships, I honestly doubt that relationships wouldn't happen at all. Emotions run high in dire situations. You look across from the person you're trying to save and who's trying to save you, even if it's for your own self preservation you come to know each other and become attached.

Post edited by Atrushan88 on
  • TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Options

I'm not saying it won't but any smart survivor would avoid a relationship beyond the casual behind the killer shack butt rubs (if you catch the drift) it makes no sense to fall emotionally for someone who could cease to exist at the end of the next trial

• Atrushan88
    Options

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 Well I mean even if they die they're still back at the campfire.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Options

Not always if we are speaking lore wise then any survivors trial can be their last

• Atrushan88
    Options

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 I haven't seen anything of anyone dying completely in the lore, but I've only read the level up things mostly. I've heard here and there things about Benedict and Vigo, but have no idea where they came from because I haven't found them.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Options

Search for the DBD Wiki once a survivor becomes useless to the entity they are thrown in the void (killers are also not exempt from this as well) where they become hopeless husks basically ceasing to exist.

• Atrushan88
    Options

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 I would think a relationship would keep them hopeful though, wouldn't it? The entity feeds on hope, and if you're in a relationship you'll likely work even harder to keep yourself and your significant other alive.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Options

Yes but if your SO goes you are more likely to go as well and beyond that it oil be more disheartening to see another killed than to be killed yourself

• Atrushan88
    Options

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 In game this is displayed as well though, through altruism. I've jumped in front of killers when they were chasing an injured survivor to get them off of them. I've also had survivors do this for me. I feel like it would strengthen their resolve to get out rather than make them feel hopeless. Of course that would depend on the person.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Options

In the end that only furthers my point, they don't want to see their friends die so they would rather increase their chances of death just to lower their friends since their own death would be more bearable

• Atrushan88
    Options

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 I dunno, I don't think it'd make them any less hopeful knowing they had someone who had their back.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Options

No it wouldn't, youre right, not until you are unable to protect them back then that's when the hopelessness sets in

• Chaddad2169
    Options

While I don't ship gay relationships that much, that story pretty much sums up what my gameplay style is too as a Quentin main. That Laurie and Claudette seem like dicks (most players that play the meta survivors are).

In all honesty, your answer to @TrueKn1ghtmar3 is perfect. Survivors will form a bond in the entity's world. This is the thing with Dwight, Claudette and Jeff (their perks are literally called bond, empathy and aftercare).

• Atrushan88
    edited August 2019
    Options

@Chaddad2169 I don't normally ship Quentin and David. That game just gave me the feels for the two characters. My ship for David is 100% Jake, mainly because their stories are similar, but they took similar paths and are complete opposites despite it. And I think Jake compliments David really well.

And I agree, I definitely think survivors would form relationships.

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 I suppose, but I don't feel like that would prevent them from forming relationships. Feelings especially are rather complex and happen whether you intend for them to or not.

Post edited by Atrushan88 on
  • TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Options

Idk i guess im a step above most survivors and can compartmentalize feelings of "love" and focus on helping without getting attached

• NOWIMANOOB3355
    NOWIMANOOB3355 Member Posts: 6
    Options

I feel that Quentin and Nea are cute together.

• unseasonedpringles
    Options

######### charlotte while victor just stares into your eyes while foaming at the mouth like a feral dog

• Thunderous_670
    Thunderous_670 Member Posts: 137
    Options

As a Jake main, I disagree, I'd think there doesn't seem to be much indicator of Jake's sexuality (although I still think he's straight) and I'm a little biased, but I'd want Jake to remain straight, and maybe date Yui, Claudette, or Laurie, that's all I've got.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    edited February 2021
    Options

My headcanons are Dwight/Jake, Feng/Nea, kate/Jeff and Quentin/Cheryl.

• Gruo
    Gruo Member Posts: 129
    Options

Canonically there will be non because the Entity wipe their memories clean after the trials, doesn't matter if they escape or not.

• MaviKus
    MaviKus Member Posts: 38
    Options

Adam and Yui. I don't know if Adam was still in Japan before Yui came to the fog realm but just imagine, Yui teaching Adam all sorts of Japanese customs and phrases etc and then slowly they'd get to know each other...

This discussion has been closed.