Console player who wants crossplay

13»

Comments

• TheDuhJ
    TheDuhJ Member Posts: 475

@ermsy do you even read the whole posts i put out? I said my PC is a box of cheez-nips.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

@Bithard I really thought that was a good analogy...

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580

@TheDuhJ

I'm just asking so that I can make my point. So you don't want to play because your PC is a box of cheez-nips and underperforms and gives you a disadvantage.

Then why can't you emphasize with console being in a similar situation if cross play was available?

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Exactly, now if we pin up "Pros in PC" vs "Pros on Console" you'd kinda guess who's superior...

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406
    edited June 2019

@LordGlint I understood what you were saying but it isn't really the same thing. I'm not ripping on you and I am definitely not shaming anyone for anything. Apart from Claudette mains. Shame on them.

• LordGlint

@FireHazard so your Console rank 1s might drop to rank 3 when the player base is PC included and start playing at a more familiar lvl. Since there's no rewards for rank...why is that a problem?

• ermsy

It's not about the rank, it's more about how dominant the PC players will be in game.

• TheDuhJ

Lol, cuz its not the only reason. I also said i had the game on ps4 and got everything for it and dont want to buy all the dlc for pc again just so i can play with my bro. Plus, i like having my gaming on my ps4 cuz i like my console. I like playing on ps4 generally better than pc even if im subjected to poorer optimization and things alike. Im not 1 bit inconsistent.

• LordGlint

@ermsy so according to you, there's no rank a PC user could be in which a console rank 1 would feel comfortable facing and not get stomped?

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    edited June 2019

Ahhhh,now I understand where it comes from all your Killer bias.

Wow,I knew you were a Killer main,but 0 hours surv played? Why are you even in these forums ?

• ermsy

@LordGlint that's exactly what I'm saying. A PC nurse for example would destroy rank 1 console survivors. It wouldn't be a contest and it wouldn't be fun.

• LordGlint
    edited June 2019

So, PC rank 20>console rank 1? @ermsy

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

Yeah, PC will always be better. It's like if you put ps4 pro vs hand held switch players. Ps4 will have the advantage because it will perform better.

• ermsy

@LordGlint I don't know what rank an average console player would be in comparison but definitely lower. Probably rank 10 and below. A journey of a console killer would be horrible as well. It'll come to a point where you'd win or lose based on whether you'd play against console or PC and that isn't fun.

• LordGlint

@ermsy bare with me here, I'mma go back real quick. If you had a rank 1 console killer, which PC survivor rank do you think would be appropriate to face him? Maybe some PC rank 7 survivors? Or other...

• ermsy

@LordGlint probably 10 and below I guess

• LordGlint

@ermsy ok, so...for the sake of conversation let's say 10. Wouldn't that mean if you combined everyone, that specific killer would be rank 10 as well as the survivors he NORMALLY faces.

• LordGlint

Who's upvoting like ALL my posts?

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    edited June 2019

I'd love crossplay with Xbox but with pc? No, I'd rather keep away from arsehole pc streamers with their big egos. Even if the game was optimised for it I wouldn't want to play with the pc players.

• FireHazard

@LordGlint PC Killers/Survivors are naturally more "skilled" than console players.

This isn't the case for every console Survivor/Killer Vs every PC Survivor/Killer, but the majority outweighs that by a big...BIG amount.

Imagine Pro-Nurses on PC facing Solo Survivors on Switch or Console, huge slaughter fest. I mean yeah, it would increase the player base I guess? But it would always let everyone know that if you want to be 100% efficient, you play on PC.

• LordGlint

@FireHazard no doubt, I'm not saying they wouldn't. I'm saying "pro PC players" would never face ppl they're going to stomp. Ranks would prevent it. If a killer is out of your league, no matter the platform, they're going to naturally be a different rank than you.

• FireHazard

@LordGlint Yes... I know... I'm just tell you this scenario for Rank 1 Console Players vs Rank 1 PC Players, or even rank 10 console vs PC, etc, etc.

• TheDuhJ

@FireHazard So then would you say that most people are better than anyone on console?

• LordGlint

@FireHazard yeah, if you take the players CURRENTLY at rank 10 on console vs the ones CURRENTLY rank 10 on PC, would probably be lopsided. The thing I'm getting at is they wouldn't be matched up by CURRENT rank.

• FireHazard

@TheDuhJ No, I'm saying most PC players have an advantage over most Console players.

But if you've played hundreds of hours in Console, you could be just not, if not better! Than a PC player. It depends on what you use to play DBD with, try playing Killer with a controller, its WAY different than playing with more control on a Mouse & Keyboard.

• FireHazard

@LordGlint Probably not, no. The Ranking system is being changed anyways, anything I say is completely null since they're changing how everything works in a few months to a year tops.

• LordGlint

@TheDuhJ PC rank 20s are apparently gonna slaughtering all the console rank 1s, lol. I'll let my GF know she's gonna go pro as soon as she learns how to run while looking backward as a survivor, lol.

• LordGlint

@FireHazard I understand it's different, just saying the game isn't gonna put ppl together at the same rank if one side is gonna be a slaughter fest.

• FireHazard

Never know with this game, I was getting pinned with rank 10s not too long ago, and they weren't in a SWF.

• TheDuhJ
    edited June 2019

I exclusively play killer with controller. Its not so different. Really, maybe nurse and huntress. You also cant chainsaw curve as easily with billy on console. But besides that its not bad once you get used to it.

• LordGlint

@TheDuhJ ironically, chainsaw curving is tied to "controller sensitivity" on PC, NOT mouse sensitivity

• TheDuhJ

What people are miasing is the crazy benefita that occur when you play with people on different platforms

Shorter que times

Lower likelihood of cross region games

Better hosts for your games

Higher skill cap necessary for console

This is an overall win for console, behavior just loses money on ppl trying to dump money on every platform which is the real reason we dont have ctossplay to begin with

• ermsy

In the most basic terms but what would rank 15 console survivors be? 25? In the most basic terms, one group has an advantage compared to another and that's what makes it unfair. Rank is not the issue, it will simply be unfair. And when the game is unfair it stops becoming fun.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I don't need a mouse to destroy PC Survivors.

• Justice
    Justice Member Posts: 60

I love how most PC Players think that all console killers are trash and miss swings because they don't have a mouse. Your mouse sensitivity doesn't matter when console users are granted auto aim, which can be upped even more when cross platform eventually comes.

I agree completely with OP, it would up the player base on both sides and is a win win. Also if they keep trending into a stealth direction then any PC advantages slowly dwindle the more Surviving is reliant on hiding and mind games rather than looping and BS 360's.

It's shocking to hear I know but there are some VERY good Console Killers, I happen to pride myself on being a damn good Nurse with a controller on Xbox.

This isn't a FPS where you have to be dead accurate. You just have to aim a swing in a general, very forgiving, vicinity and you'll connect. And for survivor it's even less so. As far as the disabling effects with customization who really, honestly, gives two damns.

I'm entirely convinced that any PC player who doesn't want cross platform is a entitled PC Master-race mouth breather, while any console player who doesn't want it is a baby killer/ survivor who is scared of any change and enjoys 10 minute Killer queues.

• Justice

Your logic is so beautiful. I can't understand why no one else can see it.

Console rank one's would probably max out at rank 5, 6, 7 save the very few truly good ones.

How is this hard to grasp???

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

Dude sounds awesome, but PC users would be Slaughtering the best console players with legion.... It would be that easy... Big disadvantage.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

The PC players will destroy the console players. I can't imagine console players having any fun with a situation like that.

• TheDuhJ

The people who got ghost face nerfed are the same ones saying "pc advantage" or dont realize the real problems console players are faced with

• TheDuhJ

We will have tons of fun getting chased in a network that is strictly local where every 3rd game drops connectivity

• ermsy

this video below by stray wolf shows the difference between console and pc for the nurse at least.

skip to 1:54 to see the difference in sensitivity as an example.

https://youtu.be/iSbn7zvMeFQ

• LordGlint

@Justice Thanks. Getting kinda tired of breaking it down into baby steps, lol. Figured some of these guys might get it only when they actually impliment it, and they should probably do THAT on a rank reset day so you don't have ppl getting slaughtered for 10 games in a row til they fall into an appropriate rank. As for the auto aim thing, I completely forgot about that. As a Freddy main, I curse auto aim, with how many times it's made me attack awake ppl who are standing next to their asleep teammates.

• Justice

There are a good amount of people that use a controller with his game, simply for comfort. the anti-cross play people act like the survivors turn radius is like Wow or something... There is a limit to how fast a survivor and killer can turn, even on PC.

And the people complaining about PC Nurse vs Console... PC Nurses destroy PC Survivors so what's the difference! Lol

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Same, I want to experience the mental damage of a Pc nurse :D

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I honestly don't want crossplay until the game can consistently run at 120fps on all platforms. Until then, PC players would just have a severe advantage.

• cesaREBORN
    cesaREBORN Member Posts: 11

First of all I play both console and PC version and, in the PC verion I play sometimes with keyboard and mouse and others with controller, so I know how It feels to be in both sides.

With this said the console version has a few issues like the FPS (this trully is a huge one), The sensitivity and the updates.

Let´s start with the performance... just terrible low framerate almost all the time and sometimes the games runs like a 1 fps for a second, trully a disaster. With this issue I would NEVER play against pc players. But the devs have promised an optimization parch to consoles (And I hope PC too for those with a toaster as a pc) so consoles can handle 60FPS stable so AFTER that parch crossplay can be an option.

Other thing I mentioned is the sensitivity, this is for the nurse and the huntress. When I play as a killer I never have any problem to play against survivors (on PC obiously) except this two killers, the sensitivity is low so if they make a 360º or start running to all directions is really difficult to hit them, but I think the devs can increase the sensitivity so you can play with huntress and nurse more comfortable.

Last Issue that comes to my mind are the updates, PC recive them earlier than consoles and that makes that PC version is different from the console one. If they want to put the crossplay option they MUST make the same version for both at the same time.

I have read more things in this dicussion but, in my point of view, some of them aren´t true like the advantage of keyboard and mouse (except nurse and hutress as I said) or that PC players are always better that console ones (here it depends the type of game if it´s a shooter like fornite, or overwatch there will be an advantage but DBD is not the case,... or if you are bad it´s not the comunity fault, just kidding😂).

My conclusion is that until they make all this changes the crossplay will not arrive, but I think this will arrive with the dedicated servers like in september-december more or less. With this post I want to show you that the crossplay can be fair the only thing we trully need is the efford of the devs, If they work on it we will be all happy with the result.

See you in the fog😉