is there a reason this game is not free to play?

When you take into account all the paid DLCs and the price of cosmetics, it has all the makings of F2P game. This would no doubt cause a massive influx of players, which would be a huge advantage. Queues would probably be way quicker.

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I mean, something nifty in-game for the people who stuck with them prior, maybe, but that's about it.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Damn, it's kinda bad that's kinda true the overpriced cosmetics all the DLCS ect. I don't want them to do this though because they will make cosmetics even more overpriced and DLCS more expensive.

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

I'm okay with paying for the game, extra money for the devs means more of them get paid and faster and better content

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Like someone else said I don't want to play with hackers! It's already bad enough as it is.

• BembridgeScholars
    BembridgeScholars Member Posts: 68

Hackers are only on the PC version though . Consoles are fine.

• Nescau_Fernando
    Nescau_Fernando Member Posts: 44

This game already has major free-to-play elements such as the extreme grind, a cosmetic store featuring standard and premium currency, slow character unlocking system that pushes players towards instant access purchases and events to promote new cosmetics, not to mention the upcoming "battle pass".

Other than zeroing the base game price, the only thing they need to become a full-fledged free-to-play game is a "founder's pack" to give players access to all current and future original characters.

Personally wouldn't mind if DBD went free-to-play, but I'm probably in the minority here. :/

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Money, most likely.

Although, I am not sure if F2P would be the way to go. Would invite the hacker crowds in their masses. EAC ain't exactly known to be a reliable hacking protection.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

@se05239 If EAC isn't 'good hacking protection', then what would be stopping them from ditching it and getting BattlEye or something else?

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Judgement I've no idea how integrated EAC is in their coding.. And upsetting their code is like inviting the end. I am sure they're aware of this themselves.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Probably cause you can technically get almost everything for free in the game.

• omano
    omano Member Posts: 66

Free To Play = cheaters paradise = not buying any BHVR game in the future for me

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,071

I am quite happy that DBD still is not F2P.

F2P attracts Human Rubbish. The Community is already toxic enough, no need for Kids to get the game without anything to pay for it.

Honestly, the more expensive a game is, the more mature is the community.

• OpenYoureyes
    OpenYoureyes Member Posts: 111

They will be forced to do it given how the playerbase numbers went in the last 10 month.

Common consensus is that 100 usd is too much for a game in this status.

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608

I don't think it should ever be F2P but chapters could definitely be a little cheaper... I'm not made of money.

• ItzSoulz
    ItzSoulz Member Posts: 368

i think the game schould never be f2p too.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

If you want more cancer then sure. We all know how awesome fortnite fanbase is.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Considering the average amount of players increased within the last year I'd say that's entirely false. Not too mention it's not $100, adding the price of the DLC doesn't count cause none of it is necessary

• omano
    omano Member Posts: 66

Yep that plain lies https://steamcharts.com/app/381210

Average player count is pretty good, 20000+ players the past year is not a dying game.

Also I acquired DLC for free (Plague and Spirit), with ingame currency so another lie about the price of the game. People who play the game actively can get lot of FREE stuff..