So how to get a hatch?

Slayer
Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

What do you use ? I for one use unbreakable for that purpose.

Comments

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

You just search for hatch, no perks will help with that, maybe a map or key will help though.

• Slayer

Killer will simply close the hatch or slug. No way to get a hatch unless killer allows it to you but with unbreakable or flip flop you having a decent chance for hatch.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

a better strategy is to just wait near a door and not even bother looking for hatch. i see more and more people doing this

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Or bring a key, wait for the killer to close the hatch and go open it. The killer never patrol the hatch after closing it.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited July 2019

My ultimate strategy is patiently waiting at a gate for Killer to patrol then it moves to another gate.

I start to open the gate, note the word OPEN ESCAPE. When the bar reach to the "S" of OPEN ESCAPE, its 25% progress & a red light will bright up. So I open the gate to the "E", its ~24% gate opening then start to hide waiting for the Killer to come again, since the 1st red light isnt bright, Killer doesnt know you are there & patrol the other gate again. This will save you 4sec of danger.

• Slayer

I suspected one guy in cheating when he said it to me. I literally went to check one gates for 5-6 seconds and wheni came back he already opened it. Dont know what happened there for sure. Was i slow or it actually works

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Open the gate right away after EGC, 50% chance dead, 50% chance sure escape.

Wait for Killer to pass, alway 80% chance to escape if the gates arent too close.

• chunkycheese21
    chunkycheese21 Member Posts: 27

Chance is if you're looking for the hatch the killer is too, I would let the killer find it first and camp a door lever instead of risking it.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

Yesterday i got to hatches from crawling, the first one the killer let me crawl in. I think he didn't realise that hatch grabs have been removed because he swung at me when i jumped in. The second time the killer was slugging and he zigged when he should of zagged and just missed me crawling away into the tall grass. Luckily the hatch was close by and in the opposite direction the killer went.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Ok, here's a tip I'm using regularly and works for me 10/10, when you're the last survivor and the hatch opens but not the doors (the killer is winning, you didn't finish the gens), don't try to find the hatch, go to an exit, let the killer find and close the hatch, then open the exit you're in and escape. GG

• Slayer

Thats not real chance. These what really helps at getting a hatch :

Unbreakable, over the boil, flip flop.