Is the forums constantly freezing for anyone else?

2»

Comments

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

Running Chrome, commenting only starts to get laggy if I type more than a paragraph, but editing a comment or post gets extremely laggy right away, and then locks up giving me "the page is unresponsive. Wait/Exit Page" message. Haven't tried other browsers yet, but this has been going on for the past few days, and I've started typing out my messages/comments in notepad to copy+paste them in order to post anything. If i don't do that, it'll get laggy, or crash, and I'll have to retype everything. I get the impression that the frequent "Draft Saved at" messages may have something to do with this, as the more time you spend in a post commenting or writing, the worse it seems to get.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

I have the same problem.

High cpu usage when I writing a posting. Reading and reloading the forum pages is no problem.

But as soon as I write a posting, the cpu usage goes up. When I write long postings, I can even look how the letters slowling gettings displayed, while I already writing 2 sentences forward of the actual displayed sentence.

I use the firefox 64-bit and I have test it with and without no-script and ad-block.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

And... Sorry for the doublepost again, but... When I write a second posting shortly after a first one, it only starts to getting worse. Also editing for as example typos is a bad idea. Then Firefox starts rambling that this page makes the browser slower.

That's also the reason why I have make now a doubleposting^^.