The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hatch theory

Pathal0gical
Pathal0gical Member Posts: 6

Idk why but I was talking about dead by daylight with my friend and I created the crazy conspiracy that the hatch is actually a trick that the entity places and that survivors that use it don’t actually escape ( as if it’s a hole into the entity’s mouth or something like that ) Its a bit of a stupid theory but I thought it was kind of interesting ! What do y’all think ?

Comments

• Kizzi
    Kizzi Member Posts: 9

Is a cool concept, as it wouldn't be too smart to keep a hatch around that allows potential sacrifices to yeet off. Maybe it just spits them back into another 'round', or indeed just eats them up like me when I see beans at 3AM.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

Nice theory you got there. I can say you're not the only one to see the hatch with those eyes!

• LaraVermillion
    LaraVermillion Member Posts: 75

I feel like the hatch has more of a "Hunger Games" approach, aka the Entity is satisfied with the bloodshed and lets the last survivor escape on its goodwill, if he is worthy of finding it. But just like in Panem, you're not really safe from ever being pulled back into the trials again.

• Commander_Fluffles
    Commander_Fluffles Member Posts: 37

Assuming the entity does feed on "hope" and the desperation to escape, it makes sense that it would throw survivors a bone giving them a chance to escape when all seems lost as it were.

Like there's no greater rush of hope and exiliration than when you escape right?

I Always liked to imagine that you jump into the hatch and end up in some kind of tunnel or even the field running until you return to the campfire once again.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    edited June 2019

Hatch is a trick? What if I say that gates is also trick? You don't actually escape through gates, you still travel to campfire. There should be some third way to escape, correct one.

• SmaugMyte
    SmaugMyte Member Posts: 10

Devs have specifically stated that the Hatch leads the Survivors to the Campfire, so your theory is wrong.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

This just made me question, you can see a campfire out both gates unless I'm mistaken (It's been a while since I played, game glitched teh fuk out, EAC false positived me, trying to appeal), so is there multiple campfires? And if so, are these trials in a grid shape since all are equal distance to the gates? It may be possible to navigate the realm if one stays focused and wary, and tries to navigate between where trial areas would be then.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

It's theorized that Vigo was who created the hatch through his experimentation with auric cells and the fog

• Snikers
    Snikers Member Posts: 64

Other people have already pointed out that this has been canonically disproven, so I'll adress what I think is a fundamental misunderstanding.

The Entity doesn't actually need sacrifices. It doesn't miss out on anything if the survivors get away. The sacrifices are just a means to an end to get everyone running around, scared and hopeful. Whether the survivors escape or not, they just end up in the same place, waiting for their next trial.

The Entity doesn't give a ######### whether you escape or not.