Can we Keep Chase Music The Way it is?

Options
Sabor44
Sabor44 Member Posts: 39

So I play both killer and survivor, I have for a little over two years now. I will admit though I do play a little more killer than survivor, but one of my favorite things in the newest update was the reduced chase music as both a killer and survivor. I enjoyed it as a survivor because it is easier to hear footsteps when mind gaming a killer around a loop that blocks line of sight, I love it as a killer because if I get blinded at a pallet I can still fairly accurately follow them still even while not being able to see. If survivors really wants the chase music increased that is fine! Can we at least keep it at the same level for killers?

Also they have confirmed that it is a bug apparently on the Dead by Daylight reddit as confirmed by not_Queen and Peanits:

If you are playing with headphones, you can check if your sound settings are stereo or surround. The game is calibrated to work with a stereo settings.

I know there is more than a few sound issues but this really helped a lot of players (specifically with chase music levels and double sound issues)

The chase music isn't fixed in this hotfix, but we're still looking into it. For the time being, some people are saying that disabling surround sound audio fixed the issue for them.

Comments

• Yohan
    Yohan Member Posts: 172
    Options

I suggest they give us the option to lower or raise the volume of the chase. There are others out there beside myself who like the music as it was.

• BeanieBoyBob
    BeanieBoyBob Member Posts: 354
    Options

One "bug" that wasn't game breaking and stopped people having to overcome ruptured eardrums to hear breathing/wimpering. It is an excellent "bug".

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

It should be a feature. Being able to hear Survivors breathing has been a feature we’ve been asking about for a long time.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

Please keep it as a feature then. It's way better than having music blasting your ears.

I previously had to lose chases intentionally just to be able to listen to footsteps and breathing again.

Or, at least give us the option to control the volume with a couple of sliders, for the ones that actually like their music louder.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

I find the audio now much more enjoyable and informative.