Pig's RBTs have so many flaws...

Salty_Pearl
Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
  • They were made to "stall" the game but in order for them just to activate, the game needs to PROGRESS.
  • Survivors can get the RBT off even when it isn't activated. (Which doesn't make any sense lore wise or gameplay wise)
  • Survivors can find the key in the first box they search. (I know the key is placed randomly when the RBT is put on the Survivor however, they should make it so that once a Survivor searches the first Jigsaw Box, the key is then placed into another random box afterwards.)
  • End Game wastes left over RBTs
  • Most of her addons for her RBTs suck.

Comments

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Honestly with bear traps the only things they would need are.

1) More perk interaction with jigsaw boxes. I'm not talking dying light because that might be too overpowered but things like huntress lullaby and thanatophobia

2) Revert the endgame change instead make it slow down the endgame timer if someone has a trap on

3) she needs an add-on pass. As you said most of the add-on relating to bear traps suck.

Tampered timer: requires activation to be even useful if the trap doesn't activate before it's removed it's a waste

Skillcheck based add-ons: These noob Killers without the ability to add pressure to the skill checks with a skill check build it's incredibly easy to hit skill checks. In fact competent survivors are going to just be hitting greats making interlocking razors useless and the addons that give more skill checks actively detrimental

Status condition add-ons: these things suck hardcore. Due to them being conditional the Trap being on.

It's incredibly easy for someone to simply get the trap off first and avoid the mangled effect.

The exhaustion and haemorrhage effects aren't really beneficial unless you plan on specifically going after people with traps in which case why are you focusing so much attention on the people not doing generators.

Blindness is blindness it's honestly hit-and-miss if it works.

With these addons that definitely needs to be a persistent effect placed on them for example once you get the trap off the condition still lingers for 15 to 30 seconds

Honestly if these three get done and she gets a little bit more tweaking to her crouch and ambush she can actually become a really good killer without being incredibly overpowered

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

One Pig add-on that I have been recently thinking about is Tampered Timer. It's an add-on that does only one thing: Make it easier to kill Survivors with Reverse Bear Traps. The way I see it, unless you actually do manage to get a kill with it, it does absolutely nothing. But because the Traps are designed to be a stalling tool first and a killing tool second, the Timer doesn't really push the Traps in that direction all that much. You get a kill a little more often here and there, but it doesn't really do a whole lot outside of maybe low-ranks.

Do I think it needs a buff? Re-work? Rarity adjustment? I'm not sure. I mean, I still use it to try and shoot for the dream. But I do feel like the add-on is a bit limited in usefulness because it is at odds with the intended purpose of the Reverse Bear Traps. Would probably be a good idea to have a look at it and figure out how to make Tampered Timer actually have some sort of meaningful impact a little more often.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

I agree with the Endgame Changes being reverted. Although Endgame Pig was powerful, she was never OP.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Just make it so survivors can't Dead Hard to prevent the head pop then work on the rest of this stuff. Like why is the fact they step forward really fast still allowing survivors to avoid something attached to their head ripping their face apart.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I don't believe what you are describing is an actual thing. Is there video proof?

• Sentry
    Sentry Member Posts: 124

The traps dont even do there job. once, you reach purple ranks and low people just gen rush and screw pig over. thats why there should be a minus of 5-10 seconds per generation on all "activate bear traps" (The red time is ticking down).