Borrowed Time..

Yohan
Yohan Member Posts: 172
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

I'm seeing many MANY high rank survivors with Borrowed Time.

My question is, does it benefit the user himself? It's good for the rest of the team; but I'm not used on seeing players wasting a perk slot that doesn't benefit them.

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Red ranks consists more of SWF groups while low ranks don't so at higher ranks you will see more BT users to help out friends. People waste a perk slot that doesn't benefit them because every second the person is being tunneled is one more second the killer isn't on the one who gave the survivor BT plus a chance for the unhooked to get away from the killer and really useful at endgame.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It benefits me because my mate being tunneled can last longer.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

It used to have that both saver and unhooked survivor gains the extra hit, but it was taken out, time was buffed thankfully. However, it does guarantee the safe unhook notification and makes me feel good whenever borrowed time saved someone. :)

• Yohan
    Yohan Member Posts: 172

@Ember_Hunter

It actually counts as a safe unhook?

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

As long as they get away in 10 seconds, 9/10 it does :)

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

it's pretty mandatory with how a lot of killers play

as for the user themselves, you don't get points for unsafe unhooks (unhooking someone who proceeds to go down within like 10 seconds), so if the killer is hard patrolling and not allowing for a safe unhook it can ensure that you get those points, as well as get the unhooked survivor to a tile

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

The thing about Borrowed Time is that it's pretty much mandatory for end game after all the generators are powered. Most of the time, the killer already has a hook or will be able to down one last person and get a hook. And if all the generators are already finished, no smart killer is going to leave the hook unless they have a garunteed down elsewhere. So the only way to get that person out is with BT. And everybody at red ranks knows this so you'll see a lot of BT at red ranks.

There's also the fact that it pairs extremely well with WGLF which a number of survivors run as well as Deliverance which is less common.