How do I keep up morale?

I've really gotten into this game these past two seasons. I main killer and have lately been climbing higher in the ranks than i want. Right now I'm rank 8 and i really hate it. I'm tired of having to play so hard. I'm tired of getting tea bagged by survivors at the exit gate after they got saved by another crutch perk like ds or bt. I'm tired of getting insta-healed in the middle of a chase. I'm tired of getting hook swarmed by 3 survivors with bt. It's really demoralizing to get this every single game. Don't even get me started on swf teams now. I can't even count how many rank 2s I've gone against. How can i keep up morale? Any tips?

Best Answers

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Answer ✓

Best way is to start meming in your games or learn nurse or spirit memeing in your games is pretty fun it's how I keep my sanity at rank one at least. Also turn off post-chat if that's a problem.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Answer ✓

What killers do you usually play? I would say just play for fun and don't play hard. Meme around or give yourself goals. If you can, always hit the person saving so that you may down them and get a new hook. Hook swarming isn't a good play by any means unless the killer is waiting patiently to try to down the hooked person again. Most of the time it's SWF teams that do that btw. You could also try playing survivor, too, to get a different game mode.

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393
    Answer ✓

Dont take game as competition, cause it is not designed that way despite of having ranking system (bad one). Just count it as fun time spending, do not eager for hooks/kills, commit to chases, see how survivors behave and learn how to predict their move, try new jukes at mindgameable points, use unusual perks, use addons you never used before. Do not trigger on tbagging, I'm always write in postgame chat something like - check your CTRL, it seems jamming :)

Answers

• Otwell121611
    Otwell121611 Member Posts: 22

I play on console so thats kinda hard but I'll give it a shot. Thanks man.

• Otwell121611

My highest leveled are legion(50) and billy(36). After that its gf and leather face both at 25. I have most playtime on legion. I'll try to meme around more but damn these survivors just don't mess around.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

focus more on how you can play better than miserable people who take pleasure in taunting you. you'll become a better killer and the game will be much more enjoyable for you

just don't take it too seriously, it's a party game after all

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Tunnel and camp one of them for no good reason every couple of bad games. Their warm salty blood and tears will make you feel better ;-)

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,348

@RoKrueger Thats your answer to EVERYTHING though.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I take hiatus from the game for a month on occasion.

• Trial_By_Scythe
    Trial_By_Scythe Member Posts: 65

I agree with se05239, you need to take breaks if you find yourself having an unenjoyable experience. If you play when you aren't enjoying it, it can really make you start to dislike the game.

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

I've honestly just switched to playing F13 for short sessions because its goofy atmosphere is relieving, but if you don't have that, try just bringing no addons or offerings as a Killer you don't play much. What are they going to do? Gloat because they beat someone with 2 perks and no gear?

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Don't focus on "winning" or doing 4k etc...

Just focus on little pleasure like having a nice chase, doing mindgames and outplays.

Focus on your own experience, and get slowly better at everything. Just "huh whatever" any things you might take as "frustrating".

Don't get sweaty for rank, using low quality strat like tunneling patrolling. "Ok who s next !" After hooking someone, you'll slowly develop self confidence and find different ways to have fun in this game.

Everyone escape ? Fine. Did you have fun ? What were your mistakes ? What could have you done better ? Etc...

Have fun mate

• Otwell121611

I've been working on getting adept for my favorite killers and can never get it. I've gotten 6000+ in all categories with a 4K with at least 2 gens left and still nothing. I decided to try to get adept on some of the survivors. I'm on my 7th adept survivor in under a day. It's ridiculous how easy everything is as a survivor.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Play Nurse.

• Otwell121611

Tried to. Turns out playing your first game as nurse at rank 8 with 1 perk wasn't wise. Never gotten more bullied in my life. Dude even messaged me after to keep it going. So for now I'll stay away from nurse. Thank you tho.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Just keep practicing and eventually you'll become decent.

It's important to realize that there are some matches you just can't win. If you get matched with competent survivors while playing Wraith, that's gg. All you can do is suck it up and move on.

With enough play time, you learn to stop caring as much.

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175
  • LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

I recommend playing both killer and survivor, because if you understand the other side you do a lot better.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not feer the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory you gain, you will also suffer a defeat." - Sunzi, The Art of War

Another thing is not to care about tbagging. These people want to get you tilted. Just ignore them and wait for the karma :) This "Save the best for last" strategy works well against swf with mixed ranks because there is usually one good player with a lot weaker ones.

There are always matches you can't win because of different reasons. Just try your best.

A cure against hook swarming swf is actually Freddy. This is a feast. They'll usually disrespect you as Freddy and this is your strength. My best rounds against swf are with Freddy. And I am on rank 7 btw and get a lot mixed red/purple swf.

Freddy is also good to get used to bad matches, because you do not expect to do well.

• Otwell121611

I actually do play both. I got up to rank 12 last season just to show you that i have put in time as survivors. Thanks for the cool quote tho.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

@Otwell121611 That's good to hear :) It's also good to play all killers, even if it's just for the rituals. Problems against a Myers f.e.? Play him and you will notice his weaknesses soon.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,243

Play Spirit. Play Nurse. Just keep grinding. Everyone hits skill walls as a killer. You'll eventually have that "a-ha" moment. Success beyond rank 8 is all about pressure and mindgames at loops. That's the point where you really can't rely on Ruin or survivor mistakes anymore. Also know when to cut your losses in a chase. Don't chase the middle building in Crotus Prenn or the Ironworks window if 4 survivors are alive. You'll just throw the game.