Is the Plague Unloved?

Beets
Beets Member Posts: 39

When she was released I thought she was a really creative and fun to play killer but I haven't run into a plague player in ages. Is it that she isn't up to par compared to other killers or more that few people own her DLC?

Comments

• Beets
    Beets Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2019

Ah I see what you mean. I'm guessing people just decided to speedily power through the puke, leaving her with not a lot of ways to stop them. It's like a worse version of the pig's headset because that, at least, forces them to go and throw it off if they don't want to die.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

There would be such an easy solution...like a gradually worsening of the action speed for survivors because you are sick and feeling not so well, like Thanatophobia or if you are in Freddys dreamworld.

If you want to go all the way, after a minute of puking you collapse of exhausting and are in dying state. You know, because you are puking green stuff?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Short answer: She's very weak and gets low blood points.

Longer answer: Survivors don't cleanse which means you are essentially not even getting to use your power. You'll be lucky if you even get 1 fountain a game and that will be after all gens are done and it doesn't matter anymore. Yes this means they are injured all game, but pallets and windows are so numerous and safe in this game that they will have all 5 gens done LONG before they run out of pallets to use. This is exacerbated by her having a large TR and huge size which makes her one of the most loopable killers in the game.

This also means she has zero pressure since no one is healing and that makes gen rush even faster in a world where gen rush is already insanely fast.

The not using fountains which prevents her from getting to use her power is also what makes her get very low bloodpoints because she isn't getting chances to use it.

IE devs think being injured/broken is a lot more dangerous than it actually is.

• MainSusie_Feng
    MainSusie_Feng Member Posts: 22

I noticed that it’s very hard to rank up with Plag. The you tubers I watch don’t pip most of the time while playing plague and you get less blood points. still, I just brought her DLC and I’m gonna try playing with her later today, wish me luck cuz I’m not killer main xd.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I bought her not long ago, I started playing her more often just now because she had a game breaking bug, literally, the game would crash

I'm enjoying her

I don't get as frustrated as when I play Nurse, I'm on console

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

I love her. I use thanato, monitor & abuse, pop goes the weasel and ruin/corrupt intervention. She has weakness, but fun to use

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

If being injured all the time was such a big deal, Legion wouldn't be a horrible killer. Think about it.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

The Plague is semi-viable. The problem is that it's not..... "fun"? The fun part of the power is the Corrupt Purge. Being an M1 killer for the majority of the game is very very boring.