The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pros and Cons Of Dbd On Console vs. PC

Gardenia
Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Hello,

I recently bought a PS4 2 days ago, and this game is a favorite of mine. I've played this game for 3 years on PC and had a few questions to ask before I make the purchase for it on console.

How much does it cost on console compared to steam?

And What are the pros and cons of the game being on Console as opposed to it being on a PC?

Sidenote: I wish I could transfer my data, but sadly I don't see that actually happening in the near future. Behavior would probably have to employ something similar to Epic Games and have their own parent cloud which stores player data and allow it to be transferrable across platforms.

Comments

• Beets
    Beets Member Posts: 39

If you don't have a very good PC, you are at least guaranteed more consistent framerate on PS4. If you do have good PC, then the PC version is pretty much superior.

• Gardenia

I was thinking about this as well, I don't have the best PC. I play this game on an HP Pavilion Laptop Currently on low settings with resolution of 40%, it's relatively smooth but lately I've been running into problems after patch 3.0.0. where my textures don't render and sometimes I'll get weird stutters in game.

I think console would relieve me of most of these issues I'm experiencing, and a more consistent frame rate with better graphics on a console does sound appealing which is the primary reason I'm looking into buying it for console. With my computer and with bugs related to textures for PC optimization, it seems console could just be right for me.

What are your thoughts?

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250
    edited July 2019

@MegaWaffle

The last several I remember all ran NOED and one camped me in a 3v1 game... Indeed, true legends. Red btw.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

PS4 framerate is a nightmare. Occasionally it gets better, then suddenly worse. Lately it's been nearly unplayable because of it. So put that down for a con

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Frame rate is great for me on PS4. I have the slim idk if that matters

• Vampy
    Vampy Member Posts: 67

everything a console can do, a PC does better

Even a low budget $400 gaming PC with like a used 980 Ti can run DBD at max and never drop a frame.. consoles drop more frames for DBD than any game ive ever seen

• NVaquero
    NVaquero Member Posts: 4

I play DBD on Ps4 because I dont own a PC; it looks way better on PC. The control seems way more fitted for Mouse/Keyboard than controllers.

Big up to the Nurses main playing on console; to me it seemed almost impossible with a controller.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

If you do get it. It is $15 on PS Store for two more days. It is expensive otherwise

• Beets
    Beets Member Posts: 39

Massive PS4 con, you will need an active PS+ subscription to play the game.

• Elk

Almost any online game you will need the PS+ Subscription. It is $60

• Elk

Well $60 for a year and it gets cheaper for less than that. $10 for 1 month and $25 for 3 months.

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272

I don’t see any advantages PS4 over PC.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Here is a massive con: We don't have an end game chat on console compared to PC, so people come to your inbox when they get salty and message you.

• Migz
    Migz Member Posts: 15

When i see keyboard players play there movement is all jittery in left and right directions shoudnt that slow you down?

• Lol ok no. 1050 TI 8 gb ram $800 running dbd at max drops me to 30 fps and i have to play windowed with medium res to get 60 fps or low and 0 resolution to look bad and get 60 fps

• Gardenia

Okay everyone, I just got it for console at the discounted price for PS plus members, I've made the decision that for this version I will only be getting everything through shards and nothing else.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Console is $30, but it comes with a few chapters unlike the $20 pc version, and the remaining DLC are $8 (a couple are cheaper)

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

Being capped at 30fps and being on a controller is literally limiting, but still worth getting. Things like HOPE makes it feel you're on M&K on console in EGC and it's actually so much fun, you can literally 360 for an hour and a half if you really wanted haha.

It's worth getting, lucky me I got it when the PS4 plus thing came around, never regretted deleting 2-3 games to get this game, already have spent 120+ for this wonderful game even if it caps me. I'll be moving to PC soon though and testing it for myself. Go for it, it's fun and maybe play with someone in the forums.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

If I'm being brutally honest, I would not buy this game on console.

DbD on console is simply inferior to DbD on PC. Not trying to be rude or anything, but the level of play is much higher on PC.

Since you're accustomed to playing on PC, I highly doubt you will find the console version fulfilling.

That's just my two cents. And I've played on console before, so I know what I'm talking about.

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 747

As someone who plays DbD on console and killer exclusively, I would not recommend unless you really want to get it.

I play on Xbox and there are a couple of major issues that hold it back in the long run.

"Disclaimer" I'm definitely not the best player in the world, I'd hesitate to call myself even good, but this is coming from an average player.

#1: Frame Rate drops make playing several killers almost impossible to play effectively, namely Huntress, Clown, and sometimes Plague. Haven't played much of the new Nurse so I can't confirm if she is still a struggle.

#2: Queue Times are weird. I don't know if it's the same on PC or PS4, but I seem to get into games faster later in the day. Probably just more people being at work or school during the day, but still an issue if you really like the game.

#3: Some maps are just impossible to play on as killer. Namely Corn Maps. I don't know if it's just because of graphical issues or render distances or whatever, they just make it 10 times harder.

If it weren't for the fact I've put so much time into console DbD and I don't have the best PC, I'd probably switch, but then again, the game is still a lot of fun even with these flaws.

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530

Hello, I have both played both versions and can safely tell you pros and cons of playing on console.

The price of the game is different based on where you get it from and what version. You could probably get the physical version of the game a lot cheaper by going on amazon or eBay etc.

Pros on playing on ps4:

Quite a large player base compared to the Xbox version (not as big as PC tho, you shouldn't have any trouble finding matches on PS4)

Easier than playing on PC as survivors can't really 360 and killers don't have high sensitivity.

You may have a lot more friends who play it as not everyone can afford a gaming PC.

A lot more variety of killers as nurse is quite hard to play on consoles due to the framerate

Graphics aren't too bad

If you get the physical version of dbd then you get free outfits for some killers which would normally cost you around 500-1000 cells I believe.

Game usually stays at 40fps (determined)

Cons:

No dedicated servers rn

Bad frame rate on certain maps and killers

Makes your PS4 sound like a jet engine

Expect survivors to personally dm you (they are very toxic on ps4) though you can change this on your console settings

No PTB

Saltier Players

Doctor eats almost all of your frames

Very low sensitivity

Memory leaks

I believe that's mostly everything. do let me know if there is anything you are curious about the PS4 version. (I played it for a year).

• Matias_Paul
    Matias_Paul Member Posts: 8

i play on xbox one x and the game works perfectly fine, people assume you have a great pc that can handle the game to run at 100000000 fps and smooth rendering but not everybody has it, also when it comes to cost the xbox one x is the best bang for your buck assuming you don't have the pc hardware to play it properly, because yes, you can play it on a cheap pc but the xbox one x is gonna look 10 times better and more consistent, also adjust the sensitivity on your controller and you'll stop believing the mouse and keyboard meme, it's fine pc players, you are the best at everything we get it.

The only great thing i see on pc is that games are a lot cheaper, but xbox has gamepass and dbd is in it so yeah.

Ps: i'm talking about the X not the normal ps4 or xbone, they don't run that great imo

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    edited September 2020

Console has its mechanical, visual and optimisation drawbacks, but it also allows you to lay down on your couch in front of a massive TV, get as comfortable as you want and play dbd. After a day at work this is more valuable to me than playing a smooth game

• timbologna
    timbologna Member Posts: 348

HP omen is what i have, costs about 1200 bucks not including keyboard, headset, for all of that in rgb it ran me about 1500. i play in high settings.

This discussion has been closed.