If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Horror from the Grave DLC Idea

Options
Oblivion1912
Oblivion1912 Member Posts: 10
edited July 2018 in Creations

I originally was thinking of an idea for just a new killer but the idea slowly spread to include a new map and then by default a new survivor. The whole point was to create something absolutely terrifying as a patchwork abomination hunting you down and then, by extension onto the survivor, someone who has no fear and is willing to do anything to get the job done.
Dead by Daylight DLC: “Horror from the Grave”

The Abomination: New Killer Concept

• Premise for Backstory: A multi-billion dollar company had turned its attention to creating super soldiers through reanimating the dead. The company had a secret underground facility in a remote location where they could perform their experiments in peace. They had some success in their experiments in that they figured out a way to reanimate corpses but they could not instill the superhuman qualities that they wanted into normal corpses. From this setback, they decided to create a patchwork specimen that could contain the capabilities that they sought. They succeeded in constructing a massive specimen with the raw physical power and the endurance that they craved but this was as far as their dream came to being realized. Once the creature was revived, it broke free and went on a murderous rampage throughout the facility, killing anything that moved on sight. With the facility turned into a mass grave, the creature escaped. When the company lost contact with their facility, they sent agents to investigate the facility and if possible, track down the escaped creature. However, the creature seemed to have vanished without a trace.
  • Design Concept (something of what the Nemesis character looks like imposed on the Hulk):
    • Roughly the height of the Trapper/Wraith/Shape/Huntress
    • Hulk-like physique with large muscles
    • Frankenstein-esque design with patchwork skin showing off the stitchings holding the Abomination together with bits of skin missing showing exposed muscle and sinew
    • Face design: Surgical scars across face, partly exposed skull on left side, empty left eye socket, exposed teeth and tissue through cheek, a few patches of long black hair hanging in face in front of exposed eye socket but not a full head of hair, no facial hair
    • Wears tattered camouflage pants and black combat boots, no upper body clothing
    • Lumbering movements, similar to the Hillbilly

• Weapon: Brass knuckles, worn on the right hand, with a row of four spikes, one at each finger. When the Abomination hits a survivor, he removes the knuckles to shake off the blood then puts the knuckles back on.

• Ability: Atlas Might
    • Your overwhelming strength is a force to be reckoned with. Once per trial, you can use your strength to fully reset an unfinished generator’s progress.
    • Your unending endurance allows you to jump great distances to close the gap between you and your prey. You can jump forward to a max of X meters to attempt to instantly down the survivor. On landing, your knees buckle causing you to stumble and needing to regain your balance (like Nurse’s fatigue).
    • There is a charge time for both aspects of Atlas Might. The charge for the generator reset is 2x the standard charge time used for the Doctor’s shock therapy/ Hillbilly’s and Cannibal’s chainsaw/ Wraith’s bell/ Pig’s ambush/ Nightmare’s dream pull ability. The charge for the instant down is the same as the Nurse’s blink/ Huntress’ hatchet throw ability so that the Abomination can adjust the distance that he can move.
    • Add-ons: For Atlas Might, add-ons can increase the number of generators the Abomination can reset by 1 or 2 extra generators per trial (very rare and ultra rare) and add-ons can increase the max jumping distance, increase jumping movement speed, and reduce time to regain balance. Other add-ons can cause the Blindness and Mangled status effects. There is a very rare add-on that removes the instant down function of Atlas Might so the attack does normal damage but it also removes the fatigue debuff and gain extra blood points in Deviousness (like the Cannibal’s Speed Limiter add-on). There is another very rare add-on that acts like the Nurse’s Plaid Flannel add-on to allow the Abomination to see the landing spot. Most of these add-ons listed share the debuffs that the Nurse has such as reducing accuracy and increasing the fatigue duration as Atlas Might acts somewhat in the way that Spencer’s Last Breath does but exchanges the chain function for an instant down function.

• Perks:
    • Blood Rage: The smell of blood in the air makes you more dangerous. When in a chase with an injured survivor, narrow your field of vision and increase your speed by 5/ 10/ 15% for the duration of the chase (stackable with Bloodlust). Vision and speed return to normal after either downing the survivor or losing the chase. (Can’t stack if multiple injured survivors are in chase)
    • Outrage: Pure anger courses through you. When stunned or blinded, let out a scream of rage that disorients survivors for 0.5/ 0.5/ 1.0 seconds within an 8/ 12/ 16 meter range.
    • Failure’s Rage: Failure will not be tolerated. When watching a survivor escape the trial, hatred for the remaining survivors consumes you. For 15/ 20/ 25 seconds after seeing a survivor escape the trial, all successful attacks put the remaining survivors into the dying state (not at the same time) and your speed is increased by 2/ 4/ 6% during the duration. After downing a survivor or time runs out, fatigue washes over you, stunning you for 5/ 4/ 3 seconds and attacks return to normal.

• Mori: The Abomination picks up the survivor by the head, curiously looks at the survivor’s face, then crushes the survivor’s head and drops the body to the ground.

The Facility: New Map Concept

• Multi-level map with 5 to 6 levels
  • The map is a massive square with one complete floor and the other levels are crisscrossing catwalks, one set that runs along the walls of the Facility and the rest crisscross that set of walkways spanning the open space above the base floor.
  • Running along the walls of the levels above the base floor are sets of rooms with different lab equipment and offices that can be entered. Some rooms are locked cells with a Plexiglas fourth wall to see into the cells that house some of the reanimated corpses that were experimented on. The corpses are still alive, shuffling around their cells and banging their heads on the Plexiglas wall (acting a little like the Billy Puppet faces on the T.V.s in the Gideon Meat Plant, just for aesthetic purposes).
  • There are several staircases recessed into the walls that allow travel between the levels but there is also a functioning service elevator. The elevator is one of the metal grate elevators that allow the occupants to see outside the elevator and the elevator shaft is not housed inside the walls but sitting out in the open. Both survivors and killers can operate the elevator but the level that the elevator takes you to is random on every use and to activate the elevator is just a simple action press like vaulting.
  • Besides the staircases and the elevator, the only other ways to travel between floors are some of the side rooms that players can access. Some have holes in the floor to allow players to drop down to the next level. All of the catwalks have intact metal railings that prevent players from dropping down to the next level unlike in Ironworks of Misery.
  • On the top most level, the two exit gates spawn.
  • Throughout the Facility, the lights are either flickering or are not functioning. The most lit up area is the base floor due to some power running some of the equipment housed on that level, but overall, the Facility is a pretty dark map.
  • The base level of the Facility houses all of the reanimation equipment that was used in the experiments. There is also a very large surgical table in the middle of the base level surrounded by equipment with broken shackles laying on top of it, which was where the Abomination was created and brought to life.
  • Scattered throughout the Facility are piles of rotting corpses, the only remains of the Facility’s employees after the Abomination went on his murderous rampage. The piles act like places for survivors to use as cover to hide from the killer. There are also stained blood pools on the floors and dripping from the walkways and splattered on the walls.
  • In regards to pallets and windows to vault, some of the rooms in the upper levels will have a window to vault through as well as pallets in the doorways. For pallets at the offices, they will only be at the offices that either have a window going back out onto the catwalk or to a nearby office or have a hole in the floor to allow survivors to continue the chase rather than getting pinned in an office. For the base floor, pallets can be set up between reanimation equipment and some corpse piles and windows can be gaps in the equipment or corpse piles fashioned together to resemble a window.
  • The hooks for the Facility have bases of Plexiglas tubes with a metal ring on the top with a green liquid inside that has a random body part floating in the liquid. The hook itself is attached to a steel beam welded to the metal ring on top of the tube.
  • Generators for this map have a chance to spawn in random offices, on the base level, on catwalks, and in the stairwells.

Joel Stone: New Survivor Concept

• Premise for Backstory: Former Special Forces with survival and combat training, Joel Stone has been through hell and returned numerous times. His strict discipline to carry out all orders perfectly has made him an excellent soldier. But given how disciplined he is, he would fulfill every mission no matter the consequences. After an extremely brutal assignment where Stone had lost most of his unit and severely scared his face he was dishonorably discharged due to his need to complete the mission at all costs. With nothing to occupy his time, Stone became a hired mercenary and by creating a perfect track record of completed assignments, he was eventually contracted by a multi-billion dollar company to find and retrieve one of their projects. The briefing that Stone received explained that the company had lost contact with one of their facilities after one of their experiments broke loose and Stone was contracted with leading a team of company agents to find out what happened to the facility and track down and retrieve the experiment. Stone and the agents were dispatched to the facility where they discovered the horror that befell the facility’s inhabitants. Stone was unfazed by the carnage and sent the agents back to deliver the report while he searched for the experiment. No word has been heard of from Stone after he sent the agents back and began his search.
  • Design Concept (Lazarevic from Uncharted 2 styled character [the most imposing military character I could think of as a base]):
    • Middle-aged man, military style hair (bald, crew-cut, buzz-cut, etc.), clean-shaven, burned scar tissue along jawline to right ear
    • Broad frame like David but slightly taller to seem more imposing
    • Tattered combat fatigues, ammo Kevlar vest with some ammo clips and shotgun shells holstered, fingerless gloves, combat boots

• Perks:
    • Disciplined: Your determination to complete the mission at all costs drives you to new heights. When failing a skill check, gain a 20/ 25/ 30% action speed boost for the next 3/ 6/ 9 seconds. This can only be triggered once every 50/ 45/ 40 seconds.
    • Tactical Retreat: Your combat expertise is an invaluable asset to your survival. After stunning or blinding the killer, run at 150% your normal running speed for a maximum of 3 seconds. Causes Exhaustion for 60/ 50/ 40 seconds.
    • Stubborn: You do not let something as silly as your own blood stop you from completing the mission. When injured and not in a chase, you gain a Token every 60/ 55/ 50 seconds, up to a maximum of 5 Tokens. When Stubborn has at least 1 Token, Good Skill Checks are considered Great Skill Checks and consume 1 Token.

Post edited by Oblivion1912 on

Comments

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    Options
         This whole chapter seems very well-balanced. The Killer’s power seems so unique and punishing, yet not overwhelmingly too powerful. The Abomination’s perks seems to compliment his story well and have very interesting trade-offs and conditions (I like the narrowed Field-of-View effect- like you have intense focus).
         The Facility seems really cool too. I love the idea of having small aesthetic effects that make an environment “come alive”. Plus, if the map isn’t quite as wide as Gideon Meat Plant, then I feel like 5-6 levels would work excellently. I’d love to play KyF with some friends on this kinda map and just be immersed (not “gen-rushing”).

I’m just curious, what is your current standing in Dead By Daylight? Do you play a lot? Would you consider yourself “good” at it? And do you simply have a passion for the game/concept? 
         Again, very good creation.
  • Oblivion1912
    Oblivion1912 Member Posts: 10
    Options

I do play a lot of this game. Currently, I just reached survivor rank 3 for this season and I do consider myself pretty good at the game in that I can usually predict the movements of the killer since most have BBQ and Chili or some other aura reading ability that mess with survivors. And my killer skills aren't too bad either even though I don't play them that often, usually Pig or Doctor, but I can usually get 3 kills. And I really do like the game! The fact that there is so much lore to the game itself and each individual character along with the uniqueness they each have makes the game that much more interesting and immersive. I took that into account with this entire DLC as I've played for so long and dug so much into each character that I thought I could create my own balanced characters and map as some killers, maps, and a few survivors now feel either way too overpowered or way too underpowered. If this DLC was taken into consideration, I feel that people could enjoy themselves knowing that they wouldn't be at a distinct disadvantage right off the bat.