Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

BBQ & Chili

Isn't hiding behind a generator supposed to at least help obscure the aura, cause I swear it doesn't actually do anything

Comments

• BantuKianHolder
    BantuKianHolder Member Posts: 30

it's supposed to but the survivor is still visible

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    You can hide yourself really well if you do it right. The angle is what counts.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    It always did. You just needed to get to position yourself correctly. But now with patch 2.0.0, it became braindead easy now that Survivor and gen auras are the same color. 
  • Jackard
    Jackard Member Posts: 47
    It always did. You just needed to get to position yourself correctly. But now with patch 2.0.0, it became braindead easy now that Survivor and gen auras are the same color. 
    They are still a slightly different shade of red.
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited July 2018

The shade of red is slightly diferent, some people might miss it expesialy because people use bbq to quickly scan their surronding, so this slight cammouflage might be enought to make him not notice you as he quickly look around.
    It isn't a guaranty doe.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Survivors are beating the purpose of BBQ.
    Don't complain if the killer camps with BBQ.
  • Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136

1. the generator must not be completed yet

2. get the angle right

3. don't be in company with another survivor

Rules to successful chilli counter.

• Brody
    Brody Member Posts: 15

lol my man just don't die and be within 42 meters lmao dab

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

@Cypraz said:

2. get the angle right

Come on man, that's way too much to remember. You know their Survivor brains can't handle that much information.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2018

@Cypraz said:

2. get the angle right

Thanks for your concern, but I am already fully aware of how to counter BBQ and Chili

You should change the "Rules to successful chilli counter" part... Since it doesn't counter 100% of the time, since the killer can move, believe that or not.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Best counter is to not get caught.
    Stalking intensifies!
    Too late...

• Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136

@Swiftblade131 said:

@Cypraz said:

2. get the angle right

Thanks for your concern, but I am already fully aware of how to counter BBQ and Chili

You should change the "Rules to successful chilli counter" part... Since it doesn't counter 100% of the time, since the killer can move, believe that or not.

lol you're not very bright are you? the chilli aura comes immediately upon hook it does not change according to the killer's movement AT ALL!! I love the cocky sarcasm but you just made yourself look really stupid.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    I try to hide behind another survivor incase we are doing gens together. The auras overlap afaik. 
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2018

@Cypraz said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@Cypraz said:

2. get the angle right

lol you're not very bright are you? the chilli aura comes immediately upon hook it does not change according to the killer's movement AT ALL!! I love the cocky sarcasm but you just made yourself look really stupid.

There have been plenty of times when I hook a survivor, and move around a bit, and end up seeing a survivor behind a generator because of the angle I am at. Which means they are not fully covered. So no, it doesn't counter it 100% of the time. This is what I referenced in my last post, but someone was to eager to point out how wrong I am I guess.. Have you played killer at all? Not to bright are we?

I was asking the effectiveness of trying to hide from BBQ and Chili based off of my experience and use of it, and I wanted to see how others felt about it.

Your the one who started this by acting like I don't know how BBQ & Chili works with your "Rules to successful chili counter" comment. You assumed I didn't know how to hide, for that blame yourself.

I have nothing more to add to this post, thanks for ruining it. And here's to many more ruined posts CHEERS!

Post edited by Swiftblade131 on