Is there a surefire way of letting survivors know I'm farming?

Rivyn
Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Just came from a match where, I swear, they just would not get the hint. Was playing Legion, trying to get the daily done. I despise Legion, so I just wanted it over as soon as possible. Hit the gens near them, nod repeatedly in their direction, hit the lockers they're hiding in, heck, I even downed a few and dropped them infront of their team, and they still ran away and hid. Red ranks as well (which sickens me at the matchmaking, seeing as I'm only green), so I would have thought they could put 2 and 2 together, but unfortunately not. Just to get it through to them, I even let them know in the post lobby chat, only to be met with the usual 'baby killer' talk. So, there there some way to get through to survivors that I'm just trying to farm and get out, or fingers crossed that they can thing along lines not so linear?

Comments

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

A lot of people don't want to farm and just ignore it when the killer gives farming signs.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

They were prolly saying I don't want to farm

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

If you're versing red ranks, those are some of the least likely to farm. Greens and purples will appreciate it, but an average farming session hurts higher ranks as far as pips go far more than bullying lower ranks.

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

I just reroll dailies I hate. Farming feels kind of weird and gross IMO.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

I don't agree.

Farming only hurts red rank killers in pips. I have no issue pipping up as a red rank survivor while farming. All you really need to do is interact with the Killer and be present for healing orgies. It guarantees a black pip even if you are lazy.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Slug them all, then take to gens. Usually works for me.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Letting them know is pretty easy; you did it right. However, not all survivors will want to farm, and therein lies the problem.

My advice? Don't force it. If the survivors indicate that they know you want to farm and cooperate, fine, go farm. If they don't cooperate, just play normally.

• BembridgeScholars
    BembridgeScholars Member Posts: 68

i use to wonder ppl cant be this dumb ;o but now it makes sense some ppl just dont wanna i guess

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

This issue I have (especially at red rank survivor) is that killers that signal to farm tend to use it to lure and weaken survivors and get easy kills... I've seen it too many times to trust a killer anymore.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@SleepyWillo Yeah, that's another issue why I don't farm.

I was once playing SWF against a Michael who signaled that he wanted to farm. My teammates and I agreed that we would ignore that and play normal, not giving him free stalk. Turned out we were right, he had both pink add-ons. XD

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

If you are on Xbox or PS4 the etiquette is to message survivors in the lobby asking to farm. If they don't want to they can just leave. If they do they will know to use a BP offering.

However....

"don't do it. farming is really boring. most people would rather just play the game" - @miaasma

This. Exactly this. I hate farming on either side. Maybe once and a while if it's a BP event or something it's fine, but I honestly don't need BP. I just wanna play the game. If I'm survivor I don't even try to farm, I just leave when the gates are open. I'll give the killer a hook but I'm not going crazy to max BP. If I'm killer I'm only gonna farm if I get like 2 DC's at the start of the game, and ONLY because I feel bad for the other survivors.