Freddy Rework Is very promising, but could use small buffs.

BunnyTheHutt
BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Mainly in the teleport time. it is just too large a gap creator for survivors too escape. And yes, I don't want it too be an easy gen grab either, but it feels like survivors always run away too a pallet or window by the time you teleport too the gen.

Another thing is the Dream Snares. They are okay IMO, but a slight buff wouldn't hurt it. I would try 18%, then 20% if the first buff doesn't work. Main reason it should be a stronger slow is because it's so obvious were traps are once you are asleep, and they don't even matter when awake.

The Block addons should be changed too decrease the time for a survivor too fall asleep passively. The reworked blocks are so useless. Why is a purple addon, a 6k costing addon, only gives Hemorrhage when a survivor is fully healed? it's a waste of 6k bloodpoints when other killers have Hemorrhage as a brown or yellow addon.

Honestly, I'm quite happy for the Rework, and I hope he is strong in Red Ranks. Please don't nerf him into nothing because of a bunch of rank 20's again devs.

Comments

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

His snares need a buff, boring, his gen teleport cooldown needs to be lower, like 40 to 30 seconds. His action speed debuff add ons are useless, worse than Thanatophobia.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

Im pretty sure survivors being able to get somewhere safe is intentional so I doubt that'll change.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

@Peanits from what I have seen of his power I would honestly give it like two weeks before changes. PTB tbh has been mainly Head On exploit or survivors/killers not trying to get out. There is a lot of plays about Freddy yet to be discovered as I have seen some of them being used before.

• Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275

100% agree with the block add ons needing a change, they are so useless now. I could of sworn they said on the previous podcast that you could of reduced the time the survivors passively fall asleep. Seems like a perfect thing for an add on, but I guess not.....

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

I would say buff the snares a lil bit, or nerf them completely, and just give him pallets in base kit. Also, change the teleport time to 3secs instead of 5. Still gives them plenty of time to run away, but also gives Freddy a chance for pursuit. Everything else looks pretty good from what I've seen.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I still want it to be lowered based off # of people in dream.

3 seconds always might be a bit too much for a crossmap teleport. If it requires everyone to be asleep for it to be like that then it's another story.

I want it to be 5-(0.5*#ofsleepsurvivors)

• BunnyTheHutt

This would be pretty cool, and would have nice synergy with his cooldown addons.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

Insta heals are pretty huge, adrenaline is pretty huge, infinite's are pretty huge, a loop that connects to another loop is pretty huge. And I'm surprised you don't consider Billy using his chainsaw to do the somewhat exact same thing isn't considered huge. So I'm just wondering, how is Freddy being able to teleport to a gen across the map in like, I don't know, three or four seconds "Pretty huge"? Time management is essential as a role of killer, yet you don't want to give that.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

Imagine using bbq and not having survivors counter it trivially lol

• Im2Shrewd
    Im2Shrewd Member Posts: 77

I’m worried that it’s too easy to wake up from the dream world and eventually good survivors wont even care about being in it.

The action speed debuff while in the dream world should be default, not tied to an add on, and dream snares should be buffed in some way.

Both Killers and Survivors want a strong killer BHVR, you shouldn’t be afraid to implement that. Newer players will adapt.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

Who cares if they're asleep or not? It's not like it matters beyond having to avoid joke traps and fake pallets lol

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

I've already accepted licensed killers are a joke. I bought this game for Myers, but after mastering Billy & Maining Nurse... I see no need for him.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Snares need some improvement. I've seen some very good survivors stick to loops and perform as if the snares didn't even exist. Kinda sad if survivors don't even try to avoid them.

• BunnyTheHutt

For fun and new ways too play the game since Nurse gets really boring. Not every killer needs too be nurse. This is very flawed thinking tbh.

• BunnyTheHutt

Pretty much, Any addon that doesn't apply Exhaustion is a waste of an addon.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

If block add-ons stop being meme tier before live I'm good tbh

I mean, he won't be a GREAT killer, but besides Nurse and Spirit who is really. He'll be fine.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I think most people are not playing Freddy correctly. I see them chasing, and they are not using snares liberally to block loops. They try to set them ahead of time, which is nice, but don't seem to want to just drop them down during chases. I find that strategy to work well. I don't always get it exactly where I want it, but I drop it quickly and keep chasing. Quite a useful loop breaker.

I agree with the post above about waiting on any tweaks until Freddy has been out a couple weeks. That is where we will get a good test of how survivors and killers will adapt to him.

• Alther_Primus
    Alther_Primus Member Posts: 158

Honestly, ignoring the (legitimate) criticism I've been seeing about Freddy becoming a hodgepodge of other killers, I think the biggest issue he has is Dream Snares. They are far worse and more situational Clown Bottles that are picky about where you put them. With the various drawbacks to them like the fact that they only work on Sleeping Survivors, they should be much more dangerous. Perhaps build Flask of Bleach's extra Hindered into them?

• SodiumIntensifies
    SodiumIntensifies Member Posts: 18

Not just this but Pop is extremely effective with Freddy, being able to teleport to the generator you see survivors working on.

• BunnyTheHutt

I find them too be alright, but I see why people want buffs too them. I mainly want the Teleport and the Blocks too be buffed and changed respectivly. The teleport just takes way too long too get too a gen, and too recharge. And the blocks are completely useless, especially the Z block.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

3.5 seconds is the best I can find to be alright

4 seconds is still a bit too long

3 seconds is a bit too fast

but 3.5 seconds gives just enough time for survivors to react and killer to catch up to a survivor and/or kick the gen