To DbD lovers: I am worried about playerbase numbers

2»

Comments

• OpenYoureyes
    OpenYoureyes Member Posts: 111
    edited July 2019

Thank you Peanits,

Yes thats looks much more detailed even if it's a bit more difficult to read a trend.

Basically apart from a twitch viewers decrease (red line) the playerbase (blue) seems to be constant, with a slight decrease of the baseline but basically we are around 25k - 30k players for the last 12 months (in green free weekends/discounts).

Can we consider this official stats or you can provide any official one?

I assume this is something BHVR constantly monitors in a more comprehensive way than some free tool online...

Really a pity that the game doesn't manage to capitalize more from those spikes.

It would be interesting to know the share of killers/surv players on those avg. 27k players... (saw some queue posts popping up again on the forum).

Post edited by OpenYoureyes on
  • MySpaceBarsBroken
    MySpaceBarsBroken Member Posts: 167

Heres a more tame TL:DR for you-

When most games gain popularity, their player base shoots up as the game furthers in development. Dead by daylight has only stayed the same, despite its existence being more widely known. It has the potential to be so much bigger, if they just focused on fixing the integrity of each players experience, not just most players some of the time, and put their resources into protecting the life span of the game.

Use the engine and ingredients that you already have to make some new game modes perhaps? I'm infinitely sure even a half-assed game mode would provide a lot of much need change of pace for people so they .

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

It's because of mainly the toxicity. The community is already super toxic and as more people come to the game I find it increases more and more. No one wants to play a game where they have to put up with toxic players 24/7. The other major problem is queue times. They are incredibly long right now on the killer side (at least on console) and it gets annoying waiting 15 minutes to find a lobby just because you would rather play one role over the other. I have heard YouTubers/Twitch streamers say that the game is no longer fun to play like it used to be and I don't think they would still be playing it if it wasn't for the fact that switching games would kill their channels.

• Fao
    Fao Member Posts: 16

When a courb in a graph like stramchart pull a spike that much bigger than normal, it makes all the average and old spikes looks smaller. The actual stats from this courb show a significantly increased average number of player since the 75k spike and by now this number haven't fall below a threatning treshold at all. Which treshold start approximatly at 25k average player. They came from 15-25k to 75k and now they still are between 35-45k. All is normal, line is beating not flatning

• liquidlight
    liquidlight Member Posts: 344
    edited January 2020

I found this so funny. I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm. But I will say in cosmetics defense... if the devs would just make it fair for all the killers/survivors, as in when its Christmas make sure EVERY character gets an outfit/skin rather than just three, I think people would appreciate it. People love certain characters and I get super bummed when a holiday comes along and the characters I like to play don't get an outfit/skin. Look at Fortnite. You seriously can't go wrong with introducing skins/outfits to the game. People love it. But be fair about it. Make sure everyone gets something and stop using it as incentive to purchase or play other chars. It's messed up and greedy in a sleezy way.

Having said that... the game should be in good functioning order before focus should go to cosmetics. I honestly think DBD is one of the most unique games I've ever played but it does have some major issues. Implementing a casual mode, a competitive mode, and maybe even some goofy modes like a moshpit where its all the killers (one of each being played at the same time) hunting and killing 50 survivors on a huge map with the correct amount of generators necessary and a few more gates sounds hella fun to me because it would just be chaos. Yeah, it would have to be figured out but it's not impossible. Even a 2 killers vs 8 survivors would be exciting and different. Killers would be competing for kills and heck, maybe they could fight each other (stun one another for a short time). I'd eat popcorn and watch that. lol Anyway, I got sidetracked. 🤪

OMG and this game with Battlefront 2's graphics (especially in Ewok mode) would be awesome. 🤯

Edit: Moshpit mode wouldn't even have to have an escape. It could just be last player standing (or longest living or maybe there's some sort of auto-escape feature for the last person) and killer with the most kills as the victors. Just a weird idea. One of many I have. lol

• Aesthetiks
    Aesthetiks Member Posts: 29

this is a necro... but still relevant in 2020

• Deltin
    Deltin Member Posts: 240

doesn't really work when a rank 20 killer is versing a 4man swf of rank 1's

• Deltin
    Deltin Member Posts: 240

survivors are more toxic and entitled than killers, just saying... you can come at my throat, but it's true. the ammount of threats and crap killer's get post game compared to killers giving it to survivors is outstanding. sure the killer's may play toxic, but when the game's done who's the real toxic one?