Increase use of NOED

So I've been playing Dead by Daylight on the PS4 since around the time the clown DLC came out. I have been a red rank survivor since September last year (I took a break from DBD between December and March). I was a red rank killer for a couple of seasons in October and November (Playing at rank 1 as a killer made me stop playing killer regularly).

In my opinion since I came back from my break more killers are using NOED then before. I remember playing as a survivor, when I saw a survivor cleansing a dull totem, it was seen as a waste of time, and they could be doing something more productive. Now it's necessary to cleanse all totems, as it seems that most games the killer is running NOED.

So I'm curious to hear if people agree that NOED is being used more, if so why has there been an increase use of NOED.

Comments

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    edited July 2019

The use of Noed hasn't increased significantly, but cleansing dull totems now gives a decent amount of bp so it is worth it. There has been an increase in Noed usage at lower and intermediate ranks as we have gained a lot of new players, but that is more on the pc side than console.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited July 2019

Higher ranks do seem to have increased use of Noed whereas lower ranks seem to be using it much, much less. it's a weird experience. (PC)

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

I know about the buff of NOED, when I was playing at rank 1 last year it was very rare to run into someone using NOED. Now a lot of killers at the red ranks seem to be using NOED. Killers are in a better position than they were last year too.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Honestly it's just a sign of the meta; M1 killers struggle because gens get popped super quick and they don't have mobility tools to help them apply pressure and avoid it. Either maps need to be reduced in size or we need to see a means of making killers more mobile without necessarily changing the lethality/power of their core kits.

Of course, the map reworks could turn out to be just enough...but they're coming super slow (though honestly I love what's been done with Badham; Haddonfield should be great too, I hope since it truly is a problem map)

I'd be curious to see what might be done about a certain coldwind maps, for example, in which Billy is incredibly oppresive but the other killers struggle severely since it's just so big.

Will be cool to see more Freddy too, since now he can exert pressure so much more easily.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Players who use NOED are just doing so bad that they have to compensate their lack of skill by using training wheels. That just means there are more bad players than last year.

• gambit92
    gambit92 Member Posts: 58

Low ranks very low perks. High ranks killers are usually leveled up more so why not use one of the best perks in the game. Its that simple.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Normally when a killer is not performing particularly well during a match, you can expect NOED to activate at the end.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Always expect NOED.

I love it when it activates when a survivor is already hooked and the rest of them come running openly at the same time to save their friend with their precious Borrowed Time, but instead fall at my feet one by one. "You should have left"

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

Noed is so bad perk it hurts. I still like to take it from time to time to catch off guard people to dumb to do totems.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,228

I think it's making its way into the higher ranks a bit more. I don't use it myself, but I definitely see why killers use it. Ruin might only last 20 seconds. Pop Goes The Weasel depends on the amount of hooks to really gain a benefit, so it's kind of a chicken and egg perk. Devour Hope is just NOED that can be cleansed before your first hook. On top of all that, if you don't run with Ruin at all, it's very possible 2-3 gens will pop in your first chase at red ranks if you make the slightest mistake. TLDR: the margin for error at red ranks for killers is stupidly thin, and NOED makes it so you don't have to play like an AI to stand a chance against good survivors.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

I honestly play hexes because I think they are fun. However as with all hexes NOED included, they are a coin toss. For baby survivors it can be a death sentence, for SWF vets, those hexes are gone in seconds. IMHO Most of the people complaining about NOED are lower ranked survivors who don't know map layouts yet. Trust me, as soon as I hit rank 10 I stop using hexes so much (Including the bigger and more useful crutch perk Ruin), because more often than not they are just wasted slots.

NOED really isn't all that great of a perk, but among the hexes I would rank it number 2, under Ruin. This is coming from a Spirit main who sometimes runs a 4 Hex build (because shes one of the few who can.)

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

I agree with the title. Increase use of NOED! It's a fun perk, though somewhat weak. Still, people should use it more.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

I cleanse totems every game, sometimes I get all 5 and there is no NOED, sometimes there is. The feeling of creating a 3 perk killer in end game is SO GOOD.

I think more killers should run NOED, then more survivors will cleanse and the perk can be scratched.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

@Nea_Death_Experience finally a smart survivor! I hate smart survivors, they are usually the ones that get to escape ;-)

As always: Very clever user name

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

I have always considered noed a noob perk, I stopped using it after my first 100 hours as killer

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Im killer player and I dont use it much, because the devs nerfed endgame piggy.

But I understand why people use it.

I have in every match 3-4 Adrenalin Users.

• Nea_Death_Experience

@RoKrueger you are a cutie! I can't remember the forum post but I was in there bitching about NOED as survivors do and the dudes were like "You can cleanse it" and since then its so satisfying to see it in end screen. The rush you get from denying NOED. If 4 people escape its even better!

Also thank you!

• Nea_Death_Experience

I run adren and hate it when it pops in game. I reason that it is the reward for doing all the gens but it still is painful.

Though I go through many games where i dont even get adren because I die before last gen so that is the trade, being a 3 perk survivor

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

It's because most survivors just gen rush and don't worry about totems anymore, but then complain when they get downed and find out the killer has NOED. Then they say there cheating, a crappy killer, camper, need a crutch, etc, etc, etc while there running adrenaline, purple tool boxes, DS, BT, etc, etc, etc. I find it quite funny sometimes. Don't wanna get downed my NOED, it's simple. C L E A N S E the totems.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Or there are more toxic deranked SWFs roaming the lower ranks like death squads with gg ez git gud yea I can see why noed went up but wont matter cause these death squads have already cleansed the totems.