Balance for noed, camping and tunneling

Options

This isn't click bait. This isnt a troll. This is positive. So please dont bring your bag of salt and bag juju in here.

I defend noed, I'll link the posts if I have to. I don't run it on killer and I cleanse totems as survivor and so i think the perk is balanced.

The only time I get hit with noed is when they camp and there is no physical time to go totem hunting because you need to gen rush while your mate takes one for the team and then they have noed, big oof.

NOED can carry. If you turn a 0k to a 4k you can keep popping. So why not make noed and fresh off hook hits with less points. You make this still "a strategy" but killers are less likely to pip which means it cant be reliable to climb.

Noed will still work in a finishing off way. But it means you have to do good/work the entire game and not get alot of points with a 4k in end game. With tunneling as well, you can get 4k but it's not gonna pop you if that is all you do.

There is no way to make everyone happy but I think this keeps the killer with no serious change and the survivors would ######### less.

You dont have to agree with me just dont be dicks.

Comments

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    Options

Hey, although, your idea is nice... It is already implemented in a similar fashion. Look at any instant down killer their chaser and other emblems take a hit specifically because they instantly end chases. Any form of instant-down or quick removal has been heavily hit against. On a side note did you know that a spirit using her power counts as losing chase? NOED is an instant down it counts for half as many chases. Not only that if you only get the 4 hooks even though it is a 4k you still might only black pip because multiple hooks is required to pip well. @Nea_Death_Experience

• ZacKdbd
    ZacKdbd Member Posts: 99
    Options

I like the less blood points for noed sacrifices

• Jdsgames
    Options

@ZacKdbd you already are penalized at the hits. Again any instant down killer perk is. You missed out on the second hits points each instant down hit.

• ZacKdbd
    Options

That doesn’t change the fact of NOED sacrifices. You said yourself any one hit killer loses out on points, and which killers do people use the most? One hit killers. Besides spirit. So NOED sacrifices giving less bloodpoints would be a good idea

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316
    Options

@Jdsgames fair points but killers still pop through this because it preys on survivors needing to pip. With competeting to get enough points to pip often altruism is needed so they go for the save and with noed tunneling the killer can often get multiple hooks. Sometimes you think it's safe to have the killer yeet out of nowhere and give you the left, right, goodnight.

I agree with you. But I dont think it is as punishing as you think it is. Plus I main Billy and I pip with him and I try only chainsaw.

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265
    Options

Nurse just flew through the door and said hold my beer

• ZacKdbd
    Options
  • Jdsgames
    Options

I do understand that you can still pip due to it. However, your argument is that bad players who rely on it shouldn't pip up or get as rewarded from the sacrifices. However, try to only get 6 hooks as billy 2 during game play and 4 kill them off. No chainsaws other than that. You will see it severely effects your emblems. If you get several instant downs all game multiple hooks it does balance itself out. I do also know it preys on altruism, however, they now reward you more for doing totems as a survivor. Not only that the person being chased also gets emblem points for it too. Whenever the killer has noed it is always best to just nab the totem. However, at the same exchange as it has been compared to several times as adrenaline since they both are counter crutches of each other. They should lose points for escaping. However, weighting any perk of the game to negatively impact you is not my idea of a 'perk.' Like think of it as a Job perk your perks are not suppose to hinder you.

• Jdsgames
    Options

Also in addition to what I had said above. You also need to allow the killer to hit you. If you just leave NOED = 1k at max. Instead of risking it for 1 hook and allowing the killer to get 6 more. At the heart of it just leave they lose more in the long run. @Nea_Death_Experience

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

I don't see the reason about NOED giving less points. NOED is a hex perk so it's very risky to bring, at least for me . You just need to clean totems or have small game with you.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Options

Disregarding your attempt at being patronizing rushing the point is the problem. Bad luck, mind games, having one hooked already. These are some ways this happens. I often just leave if they have noed and only let it be a 1k but I've seen others go for the hook because swf and just needing points for pip.

Your entire poi t is "this shouldn't happen" when my point is "this can and does happen". I just want everyone to get along around this topic and stop flaming noed killers.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    Options

noed's potential impact on the game despite being totally unearned (you essentially have to do poorly throughout the game for it to have an impact later on) sort of speaks for itself

• Jdsgames
    Options

See, I understand your point at which 'You need these points for a pip', however, the points you got from unhooking was just taken away against your unbroken and your benevolence since they just got back down without a heal. So it is like killing your chicken for meat instead of cooking an egg. You tried to gain a little bit and lost a lot.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Options

Not really. You can also be outclassed by swf. You cant say a rank 14 is playing poor vs a rank 1 in swf. You can argue this point with "leave chase etc" but they might not know to do that yet

• Jdsgames
    Options

I mean the fact as killer you would have to leave a chase is quite proving how much of a power role the survivor is. @Nea_Death_Experience

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Options

So I think you might have latched on to half the arguement and whole I agree with your noed stuff this perk does still meet my points as well. Also I also discuss tunneling/camping and how this also Grant's reward and points for taking the easy way.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    Options

right but that's not really what we're talking about

a rank 14 killer ideally won't ever play against a rank 1 survivor, and the fact that they can is symptomatic of other issues and perks shouldn't be an argument to bandage those issues

"swf" is too nebulous of an argument and swf groups are more likely to cleanse noed before it even activates so it doesn't really apply anyway

• Jdsgames
    Options

That half I can argue with logically. However, as far as tunneling goes... It is a needed evil in some cases. As it has already been proven gens can be done in under 5 minutes. It is well easier to remove someone early and spare yourself more time. Think of it as if you are running and I cut your leg off. You can't run as effectively. So it really is a tactic to slow the game down from the killer's perspective. However, I would prefer the balance point to be 6 hooks not 2 kills since they are drastically different points of balance. Camping, any time other than end game is honestly just not feasible so I really can't argue it. However, noed is rewarding survivor laziness for not doing totems. Camping at EGC is fine since there is not much else you can do without having some form of instant down as a killer. Unless survivors really and I mean really screw things up. @Nea_Death_Experience

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Some things I see wrong with this:

1).What if I am committing to an End Game build with Blood Warden as of right now NOED and Blood Warden are a great combo for End Game. You already are playing the round with one less perk for the entire game unless all gens are done.

2). Blood point punishments simply don't work. Especially if we are talking about camping, campers don't care about points they just want kills and don't want points.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    Options

NOED just needs some type of requirement on the killer’s end. It really makes no sense that a camper should be able to get it to proc. People say cleansing totems is the counter to NOED, but rushing gens is the counter to camping. Do we not see the issue here?!

• Jdsgames
    edited July 2019
    Options

@Karl_Childers Killers are suppose to keep survivors pressured. Multiple survivors can work on multiple generators all around the map. Killers can only for the most part pressure one survivor at a time. Therefore gen rushing does not counter camping it counters killers pressure. See the problem there? A perk like PGTW shouldn't be needed when the mechanic itself is weak. The only one at the core that is under pressure is the killer. Unless you are top tier killers ie Nurse/Spirit/Billy. That or you have potato teammates that do not know how this game works.

• Im2Shrewd
    Im2Shrewd Member Posts: 77
    Options

At high ranks gens are going to get completed no matter how much you pressure them as killer, that’s just the reality of facing skilled survivors.

Do some survivors really think completing all 5 gens means they get a free escape and if they die after that they died to a bad killer? I must be a terrible killer then.

Granted I don’t use NOED much, I prefer Rancor.

• Karl_Childers
    edited July 2019
    Options

I’m not following how anything you said counters my argument? Are you disagreeing? When anyone complains about camping, literally 99% of people, including killer mains, will respond “just do gens”...aka rush the main objective to punish them. If you can’t do the counter to NOED because the killer is playing in a brain dead manner that forces you to genrush, then the killer shouldn’t be able to get it. Simple. Or do you believe survivors should cleanse dull totems while the killer is camping?!

• Jdsgames
    Options

Well, in part if the killer is say for example leather face in the basement. You have 3 minutes to get the gens done and totems. You can do that simply quite quickly. Totems can be stealthy taken out while the killer patrols looking for someone. If totems are broken before someone is found the time the match lasted does not effect you. Rushing to gens does. However, a killer playing fair and a killer camping both get rushed. Again the only time a camping killer wins is if the survivors play into it.

• Karl_Childers
    edited July 2019
    Options

What I am saying though is I don’t necessarily care that much if the fair, but struggling, killer gets NOED. Expecting 3 survivors to cleanse dull totems while a killer is camping is just nonsense, sorry. So if you were on the hook against a facecamper, and the others were running around the map looking for totems, you’d be good with that and not complaining that they are idiots? I find that hard to believe. Every second not on a gen against that basement Leatherface is a win for him. They should make a requirement that has to do the chaser penalty or something....you get penalized for camping, you can’t get NOED. I don’t know, just something.

• Jdsgames
    Options

One person has to run it out of 16 perks. Do them as you do gens. 95% of the time they are not hard to find. @Karl_Childers that person just has to play stealthy and nab them. Then try hard the gens. No NOED ever.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

All these things are balanced.

NOED is balanced because you can destroy the totem. It's the same with all Hex perks. Use Small Game if you have trouble finding the totems.

Camping is balanced because the killer is doing nothing for up to two minutes. They've basically thrown the game at this point if your team has the most basic of motor functions and reasoning skills. Use Kindred if you're camped a lot.

Chasing the weak link is simply playing smart. It's no different from survivors focusing on a gen at 80% instead of the one at 30%. Use KYF to improve if you're often the weak link in a team.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529
    Options

Noed is a counter to gen rush and it's basically the only one that exist other than ruin which can be gone in 30 seconds to start the match and even optimal survivors can power through ruin relatively quickly.

Nothing should be done with NOED until other objectives are added into the game.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529
    Options

A camping leatherface doesn't really need NOED. If someone is running NOED on a camping leatherface they are wasting a perk. Leatherface can one down survivors relatively easy anyway and if they get a survivor down in the end game they aren't going to be using NOED, they are going to be camping that guy with the chainsaw. NOED does not do much for leatherface.

And if someone is camping with a killer other than leatherface, they are playing with the wrong killer.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    Options

I think a counter of non-cleansed totems and 10 totems per match could be fair.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Borrowed time shouldnt give safe unhooks then. Or generally hits blocked with endurance.

Bond or empathy shouldnt grant reunited score then.

MOM and Wglf shouldnt grant protection bp because you are a selfish prick.

Does that sound stupid? I hope you see the parallels.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Options

1) then it shouldnt matter because they will get theri kill points and no left alive.

2) then they dont care about rank and can stay at rank 20

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

Can you read what the OP wrote instead of commenting before reading anything? -_-

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495
    Options

That scenario is matchmaking at it's worst. But if that was true then no, that rank 1 SWF should escape vs a rank 14 killer. End of story.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495
    Options

That's not the issue. The issue is that you get a speed boost and an instant down and the trigger for that was you LOSING.

I remember a swath of killer mains coming out saying decisive strike was a truckload of horseshit bc it rewarded Surviviors for LOSING.

I remember a swath of killer mains coming out and saying Mettle of man was a truckload of bullshit bc it rewarded Surviviors for LOSING.

But when Noed does the same thing? Radio. Silence. You lost your secondary AND primary objective while the Surviviors only lost their secondary. You did less than the Surviviors if NOED triggers, which means you didn't earn the benefits the perk gives you.

It's like I said a while ago "anyone here that defends Noed is honestly gonna tell me that if so much as 1 dull totem slips through the cracks then the killer deserves a speed boost and instadown even if the Surviviors did the Generators? ######### that, that's as much of a crutch as old decisive strike"

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,667
    edited July 2019
    Options

Adrenaline now triggers in the exact opposite scenario (when the killer closes the hatch / survivors have "lost").

Ironic.

On the plus side, you're nowhere near a position that's able to make balance changes to the game.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Options

So while your argument is Valid I can promise you I have had this happen multiple times. If I still had the vod I would clip my game but he got ran for 2 gen, camped 3. NOED vs me on the exit gate than then face camp me. People do this; one pipped and 3 people depiped. I am sure the killer did too.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636
    Options

OP, you don't get to insist on low standards for yourself but ask for higher standards from others. There is no way to respond to your suggestion and the supporting arguments for it without engaging on the terms you play them on, which consist of taking 'the survivors rule-book for killers' and arguing it should be built-in to the game to mitigate things that you don't like.

A reminder; survivors were furious that the emblem system on the PTB did not reward them for their preferred playstyle of taking the killer on an aggravating merry-go-round. They had it changed so they would get a share of the completely irrelevant categories like Light-bringer, even when they had barely touched a gen, just so they could keep pipping for annoying the killer. Killers have recieved nothing even remotely equivalent to this; it reeks of naked favouritism and double-standards.

Arguing that killers who do things you don't like should also artificially get less bloodpoints, given what's already happened over the last three years, when does this end?

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636
    Options

NOED is not equivalent to all the game-breaking 2nd-chance perks survivors have.

They are activated by survivor fail-states that are unambigious and are entirely avoidable: in fact the more 2nd-chance options survivors can stack up, the more avoidable each of them become.

The killer by contrast can not stop four people determined to do the generators. They have the numbers advantage; they can be in multiple places at once, doing multiple things at once. The killer can't. Survivors insist though on not only having the number advantage, but the 1v1 advantage too; so a killer has to work much harder and always has the catch-22 of ending a chase or commiting, the potential benefits of either being dependent entirely on survivor mistakes.

NOED offers only a chance-based insurance card, if the survivors focus the gens at the expense of totems. Then the killer has to pick the correct exit gate to check first and on most maps, it's not even possible for a killer to check both before one is opened. To go from zero to 4k because of NOED requires the survivors to be complete and utter tools. The killer has only a 50/50 chance of finding one person by default because of the split-decision with the gates, it's less if they actually bother hiding and waiting before attempting to open it.

• Jdsgames
    edited July 2019
    Options

Without playing a higher tier killer the average hits of a chase last anywhere from 25-45 seconds. You have two hits so a down can happen within 50-90 seconds. The lower if the killer is extremely optimal or the survivor screws up greatly.

Now let's talk about gen times 80 seconds per generator. You have 3 survivors on gens and one survivor in a chase. This means if the survivor team is optimal 3 gens are already at least at 50 seconds of charges in and almost done with three gens. If the chase lasted closer to the latter which in most cases it does 3 gens are completed. With 1 hook. Now lets give the argument that the person stayed on the hook and you opened another chase.

There are still the two survivors on gens if that chase lasts 50 seconds to the upper 90 seconds on average. You lost as killer. Most killer's are m1 with no real power to backlash back and forth. Base kicks on generators do nothing without PGTW. As several streamers like scottjund and true have said killer is STRESSFUL. The power-role of the 4v1 is the most stressed and pressured aspect of the game.

You are lucky if you can manage more than 3 hooks by EGC. Which it all comes down to how the survivors played. Even playing optimally at this point there are still plenty of pallets.

However, you can camp or tunnel two people and get a 2k and that is the balance point the devs have chosen. Hence why I have been saying it should be based on 6 hooks as a balance because that is half the survivor hooks. Equivalent to the non tunnel and camp pressure.

These gen times are also not considering where the gens are. These gens pop all over the map and most killers have to walk to each one. Which wastes even more time. This does not count toolboxes either or even a decent SWF.

@Nea_Death_Experience

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Options

OP is trying to promote a less toxic play style. You can't say that it is very fun to sit there and look at a survivor on the hook or have to tunnel to win/ get kills. There is a bigger issue here than you are looking at. We need to take one step forward here.

If we can get rid of play styles and things that ######### on survivors (call me survivor bias but I play both sides so I know) because survivors are 80% of each game. When the game has a proper flow and a stream lined dynamic it would be easier to look at killer weaknesses. Even if they just did this for a PTB or a mass player test. Your limited ideals and inability to look on the other side of the fence means this is probably not the post for you to participate in because here is for change and positivity.

They game should be fun on all fronts. Survivors hate being camped and tunneled and it sucks that killers feel they have to do it. Take that away and we can find a problem and fix the underlying issue rather than keep the toxicity and choke 80% of the players per game.

Thanks for your feedback.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Options

Thanks for this that was actually so well explained. I find that hit well too close to home. I play snipe Billy to reduce my chases but that is good for about 2 - 3 snipes before players adapt and they dodge me and I get looped and rushed.

Okay so I opened up a post once right trying to balance killers and give them more of a buff to bloodlust. In a nutshell I thought, Bloodlust is lost slower (to stop using long walls to break chase when you are still technically be on their stirrups), Bloodlust doesn't loose all stacks after breaking a pallet (just 1 stack because chases need to finish) and vaulting speed is increased with bloodlust. Other changes not including bloodlust is windows vault 3 times even when not in a chase and they get blocked. This is the change I want. A few of my loops come down to issues closing the gap in chase (I main Pig, Billy and Myres). I actually think highly of this idea and this is what I want to come from this. But my issue is that when I did this post I got quiet a bit of support and it never went anywhere. Also if killers get this tunneling would be too easy I think.

The only changes/buffs I think would be fair on the survivor side (only if this blood lust comes through) is cleaner vaults that are harder to get hit through and killer doesn't get the noise when someone is saved from the hook unless they have make your choice.

This is what I think would fix a lot of killer looping issues. What do you think?

@Jdsgames

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451
    Options

Nope. I don't agree

• Jdsgames
    Options

Vaulting is clean: Latency is the issue. When you have a 150ms ping in reality the gap between you and the killer is 300ms closer. They are 150ms farther than they seem to you. On the killer side you are 150ms closer than you really are. However, as people are ignorant this is not because 'host needs better interwebs.' Many people are capped at their highest in some areas and many places around the world have subpar standards for internet. Not to be rude or prude on the matter, however, third world countries have higher speeds than some places in the US. Let that sink in a bit. Latency also depends on distance. Even at the gigabit range try hosting a server as the killer and having the people in china connect to you. At normal base internet speeds you generally have no lower than 30ms of ping for something that is near you. Branch that out around the world with multiple people is the issue. The killer is not a dedicated server like you play on most games it is a general gaming/mid-tier tower.

Bloodlust: If the maps were balanced out this wouldn't be a thing. It was introduced due to things like infinite loops and extended chases. If the balance of all maps reflected what I experienced in the PTB we have a good chance at seeing blood lust disappear in the future. I played several killers during the ptb to get this tested out and it was surprising. No loops felt to unsafe it was an instant win. While no loops felt like I was gonna go around 6 times and still be waiting for the pallet to fall either. Again mind-game potential.

Let's look at perks. Why is PGTW around? Because kicking gens is useless. However, as a top tier killer PGTW can lead to many instant wins due to increase map mobility and pressure. The problem is general gen kicks they do practically nothing and can be reversed in a fraction of a second. Again perks being band-aid fixes and game changers should not really exist. Core-mechanics are the problem. I shouldn't have to run a perk to make a mechanic worth doing.

NOED and Adrenaline very EGC game changers. This is also the core of the 'No-Healing' meta. Why heal when the killer can't stop you from doing gens because if you leave one chase they get right on a gen. Again not healing being a thing shows the mechanics based around healing are an issue.

Gens being completed in less than 5 minutes when a chase typically takes over a minute each. Not counting animations, toolboxes, etc. Again with kicks being useless without a perk why bother stopping them? Tunnel one out and cut their efficiency, Again the ultimatum survivors who rush gens give killers.

Slugging at EGC: "Oh killer needs a 4k so I DC" - Again I have proven with the basic rules of this game this is flawed logic I will not even expand on it. Suicide on hook for a teammate. THIS IS WHY YOU ARE SLUGGED. YOU can't be trusted to stay alive for more than 10 seconds. Again another ultimatum that incentivized this way of play. The idea of giving your teammate hatch is only in reality: "screw this killers chance at winning." Something we should all really be looking at and punishing not rewarding.

EGC Balance: The only time this is in the killers favor is the following:

Gates are on the same wall. Or the angle that the gates are apart have a hill or something with clear LOS to both gate switches.

Any other time this is an L for the killer.

You have hatch: Nice we can close it but the gates are on the other side of the map. Even if it is near the gates you are now protecting two hatches that you can't prevent from being opened without seeing the survivor. As a killer you do not have time to sniff out the area you are purely stuck on focusing on the gate switch. "30% gates no lights" tactic practically means a free win. Oh did I also mention keys and the remaining chests on the map? In reality you need to be guarding three objectives otherwise you practically give a free escape.

@Nea_Death_Experience

• Rlabotath
    Rlabotath Member Posts: 123
    edited July 2019
    Options

I want to throw my two cents into this fire pit:

Many top tier players, who don't even use NOED, have said before that it is balanced because it is anti-Adrenaline. When Adrenaline goes off, NOED comes into play and counters the survivor you were chasing getting a free heal without having to do anything.

I've seen several people say that NOED shouldn't be a free ability that the killer doesn't have to work for, yet they have no problem with Adrenaline A: Giving a heal, B: Giving a speed boost, and C: Working whether or not you're exhausted. They counter this by saying "They had to complete Gens!" The problem is healing should not be related to Generator progress. This would be similar to saying that because you are carrying the flag in [shooter game] CTF mode, you get %50 damage reduction from all sources. It makes no sense, and doesn't display "skill," just stupid mechanics. Same in DBD, just because you repair all the generators doesn't mean you deserve a free heal, speed boost, and all of this whether or not you have exhaustion. NOED and Adrenaline are not good or bad perks, but they're poorly implemented.

Some people want a "quest" so to speak to get the reward of NOED activating, to which I respond "And if you do that, and they've destroyed all totems?" You've wasted your time doing whatever is necessary to not get anything.

Something I'd rather see than all of this:

Change Adrenaline and NOED:

Adrenaline: When the last Generator is completed, gain a speed boost to %150 for 3/4/5 seconds, gaining exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds. If you're already Exhausted, the speed boost is decreased to %120, and the duration is halved.

This would fix the free healing, still allow for survivors to get a benefit if they're exhausted, just not completely depressing (We've all been on that killer game where we're doing well, everyone's injured, and we just see all those injured icons go full heal, and we just wanna quit and go cry ourselves to death with a box of chocolates.)

H:NOED: When the Exit gates are powered, Grants the Killer a speed boost of %3/4/5. When the EGC begins, all currently uninjured survivors are given Exposed for 15/30/45 seconds. This Totem is hidden inside both exit gates. When either one is broken, the other breaks as well. This removes the Exposed effect, and cuts the speed boost down by %2.

Reason for these changes to H:NOED:

1: Just like with Adrenaline, losing the instant Exposed effect since this isn't countering the free heal, along with fixing a rudimentary core issue. The increased speed (%1 at each rank) is a "compensation."

2: The Exposed effect only occurs for a duration, and on uninjured survivors. This creates a consistent effect that can be dodged via our current "No healing" meta.

3: Consistency in Totem location. Knowing that all you have to do is open the exit gate to find the Totem means you can save yourself and your team a lot of trouble

4: Tunneling/camping with NOED will be very difficult for killers to get more than just the cheap 2k or even worse 1k, as it's very easy to deal with (almost too easy.)

EDIT: 5: During 1v1 EGC, Survivor still has a chance to get out, and in the instances where it's a guaranteed win for the Killer, it changes nothing anyway.

For the Killer:

1: The slightly faster speed means chases will be shorter, and your capability to protect the exits is stronger.

2: Opening the exit gate is a timing choice for the Survivor team. If they open it before the current "chase" target is injured, they risk giving the killer a free down, so survivors will have to be smarter about their timing.

EDIT: 3: 1v1 EGC is hardly affected, minus that slightly further apart Exits can now be patrolled better.

It almost turns the Exit door itself into a somewhat "Haunted Grounds" but not as a punishment for cleansing, more of a "Hurry the ######### up and either leave or cleanse that #########."

In all honesty, even with as hard of a nerf as my NOED would be (which makes it so situational and almost garbage tier useless), Survivors will still complain. #########, I just had 2 games where I had survivors telling me off and complaining that I'm a trash killer because I use Ruin. You know, the only decent Game Slowing Perk on all but Nurse and Billy, and they don't run it because it's better to run perks that help you close out chases to keep up the global pressure they can exert. Yeah, Survivors are now complaining about Ruin because it "destroys the integrity of the game and you must be trash to run it because you can't win without it."

I'm not trying to ######### on the Survivor Mains who are seeking balance in the game, I respect all of them. The problem is, you're few and far between the toxic ones that feel "entitled" to a win because they won "Dance Dance, GenRush 5." We as killers know the difference. The ones seeking balance play a game out even if they're downed within the first minute of the match. The Toxic ones DC because they don't get to "play their toxic build the way they wanted to." Not joking, I quit playing DBD until they changed MOM, not because I couldn't play around it, but because every ######### game I'd have 1 or 2 dc because I'd get them in dying state before they could Deliverance, DS, MOM me. Every. #########. Game. (*Not every game, but close enough to make me say "######### DBD")

So again, to the Balance Seekers, I love you, keep being good Survivors. I just wish the toxic ones could actually be banned for DCing.

Back to the main topic, I think those changes will do good for both Adrenaline and NOED, addressing many of the concerns, and making them either less game-breaking, and/or less mandatory.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Options

While this is all valid and well written it speculates what is unfair and shouldn't be there in a more drastic change approach rather than focusing on making small changes to increase the viability now. I completely agree with this but BVHR spends more time on cosmetics than balances. Sure this seems to a change in the wind with the Freddy rework but who knows if they will keep the same momentum. I think it is more realistic to adjust somthing to finish chases with their current place holder fix. Until all the loops and maps are balanced I think the sujested blood lust buff would be the best idea.

• Jdsgames
    edited July 2019
    Options

That is true. However, bloodlust on Nurse, Billy, and Spirit make them more top tier than they already are. Mechanics that you buff to fix lower tier killers make top tier ones god tier. Then they get nerfed to oblivion. One small change leads to another and then we have useless killers like legion. That or killer powers that are nullified like GhostFace. Taking the easy route is not always the correct answer. If they really wanted to do a small buff make the slower non-map pressure killers have a 115% or 120% speed. However, certain killer maps they would be OP then. Again too many broken mechanics for simple fixes anymore. @Nea_Death_Experience