Perks that should be REMOVED from game?!

Raidoku
Raidoku Member Posts: 69
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Ill go first we will name one perk that should be removed from game I complained about hex ruin for killers but that is old news everyone would choose that perk but now getting back to rank 4 survivor the most useless PERK of all time.... SLIPPERY MEAT get the ######### outta here. 3 extra attempts to escape from hook??? Not increasing the effect of the perk with each rank?! so why rank higher then tier 1? DEVs you read this ######### and tell me who thought that perk would be acceptable!!! Remove please! I wanna know if I missed the "worst" perk.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

Sorry but even if someone doesn't like a perk, I have to disagree. Removing things to balance is not the correct thing to do, it's just a lazy motto move. Although it may seem difficult, many of these perks are good and are here to stay.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Slippery meat will be the one laughing when you get stuck in a bear trap and there are only 2 people left you and 1 other survivor the other survivor is slugged. You have to rely on rng to get out. Every perk has a use even if it's so situational it's funny :P. On a serious note no perks should be removed that's just lazy.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

No perk should be removed.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

All the extra free ones that SWF provides.

• Netharon
    Netharon Member Posts: 29

Ok I vote BBQ and Chili

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

bamboozle

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

still terribly designed and made for people who bot at structures

• MySpaceBarsBroken
    MySpaceBarsBroken Member Posts: 167

Wow this must be a troll shitpost

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

@MrSunbro

To be fair, while it is not amazing, it is still used in a way it is not intended.

Bamboozle should help with Bullshit-Loops. BHVR comes up with Perks to counter some mechanics, nearly every Chapter has some form of Perk which counters another thing. So Bamboozle counters "Infinites". Thing is, Bamboozle is also used on Structures, where it does not have to be used when the Killer can actually mindgame.

@Topic:

I would like NOED to be removed or heavily reworked.

But one Perk that I think can be removed easily would be Insidious. This is just a no-skill, boring Perk which promotes unhealthy gameplay. There is no fun involved for anyone, the Survivor on the Hook does not have fun when seeing the Killer standing next to the Hook and the Killer does not have fun standing there and hearing Gens popping all the time.

(even though, story-time: Apparently I have a German Streamer who does not like me, he once camped me with Insidious while using Billy. Ended up with 5k BP, 1 BBQ Stack, a Depip and a Pudding burned... This was quite funny for me, but that is basically the only occasion)

Other than that, not every Perk needs to be useful. And there might be some people actually enjoying those Perks. And I also enjoy doing random Perks from time to time, and it is quite fun to get bad Perks and try to get something out of it.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

None, the habit of picking apart every aspect of this game from both sides really needs to stop.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

I think Insidious needs to go since there's 0 tactical use outside camping and while I don't think camping should be removed, it certainly shouldn't be encouraged (especially since it only punishes solo survivors too).

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

Noed 100%

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

All wallhack perks, especially OoO.

• MrSunbro
    MrSunbro Member Posts: 111

The only perk I would want gone is insidious personally since it is the least skill, most uninteractive perk in the game

• Raidoku
    Raidoku Member Posts: 69

The Devs will never rework all perks that's an overhaul of the game they have no desire no willpower to do that proof game being out for 3 years with little gameplay changes and more changes into how certain moves work. So the only option is to remove Noed because they will not rework it or Hex Ruin so why waste time making perks to counter those or change them constantly just remove them much faster and more effective

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

@Aven_Fallen Personally I wish Insidious was a short term TR suppression perk that relied on tokens (similar to Distortion but maybe activatable).

@topic No perk really needs to be removed, but plenty could do with a nice rework to either promote a healthier game or to just fit in with the changes the game has had since they were made.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

No perks should be removed. I'm tired of seeing threads like this where people think the best solution is to remove everything. Some changes to a few perks might be necessary but everything needs to stay. The answer is not to remove perks but to balance them. If the devs were to listen to all these threads then we wouldn't have any perks left!

• Mak0
    Mak0 Member Posts: 251

Left Behind Needs to be Reworked Or Removed Entirely Now that you can close a hatch to trigger endgame collapase which forces survivors to get out of stealth and open a gate when there's 1 survivor left the killers are going to focus on Finding You or finding the hatch once they inevitably close the hatch if they find it first the perk becomes Useless. Insidious on the killers side of things needs to be removed there's no way to rework it. It's just a perk used to trick survivors into thinking there's no camping going on at the hook for an easy Grab and Go and repeat.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

@ClogWench Never used Insidious Nurse other side of the exit gates?

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

MoM

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    edited July 2019

Left Behind. It literally doesn't have a use now. I have yet to see a killer not just close the hatch if only one remains. Also no perks should be removed. Maybe just tweaked.