The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why are survivors so toxic?

2»

Comments

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509

Lol you really don’t like the fact that you’re either really bad at the game or you play like a dick. Either way those are the reasons you get hateful messages, if you did nothing wrong you wouldn’t get them

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

No one, especially new players, deserve toxic, abusive messages. In fact, I'll go the full mile and say no one deserves to be told to "kill themselves" over a damn video game regardless.

If you think otherwise, you're a questionable individual, but I'm sure it's on purpose.

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509

Why are you just saying random made up stuff for lol? Where did I say anyone deserves these kind of messages and stuff? All I said is you’re clearly doing something to antogonise people into sending you these messages otherwise it wouldn’t happen. I didn’t once defend the people sending it.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

Streamers tend to be toxic and take pride in it. I feel like more impressionable people will try to mimic that, thinking it's the cool thing to do

• PigEmpress
    PigEmpress Member Posts: 79

As a Survivor main who dabbles in killers I can confirm that Survivors are incredibly toxic. I do, however, find the PC survivors much worse than the Console ones. The console players will wreck your face in game, but they usually play within the expected parameters and due to console can't really type much post-game.

However, since I am playing on a PC I have no experience with them sending me messages on the PS4/Console network so I might be overstepping my boundaries by claiming they are less toxic.

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499
    edited February 2021

There is nothing you can do in game which excuses a bunch of nasty post game messages. Even the Bubba that face camped me didn't get a message saying how much he sucks or worse.

If you play killer long enough you realize it doesn't matter what you do - survivors are toxic and will msg you. Luckily I play on console and most red rank teams are PC, although I did have one gem who had a Xbox account and took the time to switch platforms so that I could know I sucked.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Why send a message with the intent of making someone lose their motivation to play. Why message at all?

Don't you see how that's part of the problem.

Someone played the game in a manner that I didn't enjoy and I sent them an abusive message afterward because I can't just let it go and play it as a game.

It's a game, it doesn't matter and you aren't doing some social service by sending an abusive message in any scenario no matter what happens in game or how you manage to try and justify it to yourself.

If you can't walk away from a silly game that doesn't matter, even a bad one, wihtout getting involved in vitriolic hate mail then maybe its you shouldn't play.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Congrats for replying to a 2019 comment of mine that I can't even remember.

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142

See this is the attitude I dont get. If someone in game is being deliberately toxic, then why should others put up with it in end game chat? Should people 'gg' against someone who was being toxic in game? I'm not condoning threatening people, but I do understand people using end game chat to voice their anger at a toxic player when this game is designed for and the devs encourage toxic game play. This issue is much more complicated then just 'people suck'.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

congrats what'd I win? :)

In all seriousness though have you learned anything since then? Or are you still messaging people agressively about a game?

Personal reflection time :)

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I admit I was wrong and childish. Messaging people over a strategy was definitely far from noble to say the least. Objectively it's none of my business what other people do in the game. They paid for it just like me so they can do whatever they want as long as it's within the rules.

• WalkedMoss92
    WalkedMoss92 Member Posts: 275

Both sides can be extremely toxic, you just need to turn off your messages.

• Dipper
    Dipper Member Posts: 153

Maybe for you, but don't complain if you get camped and tunneled all the time. I'd definitely do it to you

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,316

Other people's tactics for winning does not give you permission to bash them if you dont like it. Just because someone got a flashlight save, doesnt mean you have permission to tell them you hope their family dies of cancer. So yeah...to answer your question, do like your mama said. If ya dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. Leave a GG or just leave.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

if you think survivors are toxic, play survivor for yourself and watch the killer nod and hit you on the hook.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Play "toxic" yourself then. If everyone plays like this no one can complain about it no more.

For me nothing in the game is really toxic unless you cheat or something. The toxic things is evil messages but these can be turned off so if you have messages on then you have to deal with it.

• celesteismore
    celesteismore Member Posts: 173

One time I got a message from another survivor who got mad for not saving from the hook fast enough. Even though I traded hooks with someone and ended getting to second stage for it and I didn't complain about it. They also got mad for not healing someone who was on death hook but I told them I tried to heal them and when I did I was stuck in the healing animation so I couldn't. They said yea among other problems. They were saying how they did everything. Yea maybe they did the gens but I literally maxed out safe hook rescues.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

A few weeks ago I commented on how I have not seen much toxnicity from survivors in a long time. That all changed Saturday when I got hit in the head with a rock and decided to learn nurse (Rank 2/Console). I am now Rank 6 lol and all but 3 games have had to take a 15 minute break to smoke (not saying what) just so I dont switch killers and slug at 5 gens and watch while eating a bowl of ice cream. I have refrained and kept with her but I was always a respectful killer giving hatch, dc=be nice, etc but man I tell you when any and I mean ANY survivor sees you are not up to par they will push your face in the dirt and fukin step on your back. I can't wait to do the fukin same I feel sorry for any of you who run into me in a few weeks or month idk. Point is the wrath is coming and I won't feel ######### bout it.