Pig Rework Idea (First post)

Paragon
Paragon Member Posts: 45
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Hello yall fellow gamers, sort of pig gamer here.

Been playing Pig for quite a while (not just pig but the game in general for months) and I got to know the basekit for pig and how it would work for high rank gameplay and mostly its just placing traps on peoples head and being an m1 killer, but before she was 2nd place in endgame next to Freddy, but that got butchered.

So therefore, to make sure pressure is applied to survivors (because people kept demanding for it) I have thought of a new idea for the pig to keep survivors at bay and have fun as well.

(Keep in mind the description is the same as it is in game, but edited with my ideas)

Original

Power: Jigsaws Baptism

"You will give everything to me, every cell in your body. The marks on your arms, they're from another life. We'll leave that life behind. When you walk down that corridor there is no turning back. Do you understand that?" — Jigsaw's Baptism

Forever devoted to her master's cause, she punished the ungrateful and the guilty with slyness and murderous puzzles. The Pig can move stealthily, dash in ambush attacks and put deadly Reverse Bear Traps on Survivors' heads.

Use the Secondary Power interaction to assume a crouching position. While crouching:

The Pig has no Terror Radius. Activate the attack interaction to dash and perform an ambush attack. Start the trial with 4 Reverse Bear Traps:

• Reverse Bear Traps are put on Dying survivors

Reverse Bear Traps automatically sacrifice the Survivor when they trigger.

• Active Reverse Bear Traps trigger automatically beyond the Exit Gates 
  • Reverse Bear Traps trigger once their timers expire.
  • Reverse Bear Traps timers start when a Generator is completed.
  • Survivors can free themselves from Reverse Bear Traps by searching Jigsaw Boxes found around the Map to find the correct Key.

My idea

"You will give everything to me, every cell in your body. The marks on your arms, they're from another life. We'll leave that life behind. When you walk down that corridor there is no turning back. Do you understand that?" — Jigsaw's Baptism

Forever devoted to her master's cause, she punished the ungrateful and the guilty with slyness and murderous puzzles. The Pig can move stealthily, dash in ambush attacks and keep survivors on their feets.

Use the Secondary Power interaction to assume a crouching position. While crouching:

The Pig has no Terror Radius. Activate the attack interaction to dash and perform an ambush attack. The Pig has multiple Drill Chairs randomly put throughout the map:

• The Pig may decide to place a carrying survivor on the Drill Chair
  • Drill Chairs will automatically activate after a generator has been complete
  • Drill Chairs will go through 3 phases along with a timer, if the phase has been complete, the survivor will instantly be sacrificed.
  • Survivors in a Drill Chair can try to rescue themselves, but it may have a chance of costing a timer loss
  • Other survivors may also try to rescue the trapped survivor but will have to find the correct key which can be found by searching Jigsaw Boxes

Comments

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

I main pig and billy.

I am sorry to say I highly disagree with this premise.

This wipes 2 people out of play for minutes. With the current bear trap without addons thats a max of 2.5 minutes of searching before they die. With your model you want someone to be locked in a chair and someone else to run around for 2.5 minutes looking for a key then run to the the location to let them go. Even if the timer was shorter you have basically reinvented the hook system by adding keys to it which puts way too much power on the killer system.

I love the pig but i feel this idea is game breaking and if I had to vs this I would DC every game.

Pig is fine, use her ambush for the free hit, mind game the loops. Spirit fury/enduring to victory. I run BBQ, Nurses, Monitor(or ruin) and Enduring. Stealth is her power, traps are for slowing down the game. Hit em with the GGEZ

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I don't think having "hooks" take twice as many Survivors off gens minimum is the right way to go about it. Plus, it actually makes hard tunneling the Survivor going for the save the correct strategy as doing so would force a third person to start searching Boxes if they don't want the first to die, which brings the gens to a grinding halt through no real skill.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Im no pig main but I personally enjoy pig currently she could use some buffs and tweaks but this is just OP and a skilless power.

• Bone_Idol
    Bone_Idol Member Posts: 31

I'll start by saying I'm a piggy lover but I have to agree that this power would be way too strong, it's effectively an alternative hook that requires way more survivor time to save. I think a much easier fix to piggy is to simply pause the endgame timer if a trap is applied, or for timer start to be delayed in the case traps are already applied when the last gen is fixed. I love piggy the way she is, wouldn't want to see her lose the traps

• Nea_Death_Experience

@Bone_Idol how do you use your traps, I just fire them off like hot cakes and use it to build momentum and just snow ball from there. I don't try hold them

• Bone_Idol
    Bone_Idol Member Posts: 31

@Nea_Death_Experience since the endgame need to miss piggy I fire them all off straight away too, miss the days when there was a small element of strategy when if came to who to trap and when, now it's just first 4 downs

• Nea_Death_Experience

Pig still strong though, but most killers are only strong till like greenish ranks then they all get shat on

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

Pig doesn’t need a rework. They just need to buff her crouch movement speed from like 92 to 94.5%, it’s not worth using when everyone in red & purple rank just gen rush.