Voice coms, please no.

2»

Comments

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,340

@Hexyl Yes, ANY rank system is banking off ppl not deranking. Ppl deranking can bully their opponites, coms or not.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited July 2019

But do you understand the problem here adding this and "making the good teams rank up" is not going to happen because people are gonna derank LMFAO.

Survivors will do whatever they can to bully forcing voice comms to make them rank faster will not stop this it will instead make the whole problem worse.

The whole argument that they will buff every killer to be better suited is not gonna happen its not reality unless they make them all nurse level.

• LordGlint
    edited July 2019

@Hexyl I definitely see that as a problem, just not a problem having anything to do with coms. Thats a deranking problem.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

I see the comms problem part of it you give solos comms you basically give them the ability to bully and thats what people are going to do im sorry but i just dont agree with this idea and would rather they just leave the game alone and stop trying to make competitive dbd nobody honestly wants that and the ones that do are gonna be the only ones playing after its done.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

@LordGlint It's a good theory. I think something would also need to be done to manage ranks better, though. I wish players would get locked every 5 ranks or so (i.e. you can't derank past 10 once you achieve that rank), and give players an incentive to strive for a high rank each season.

• Tensor
    Tensor Member Posts: 254

It would fix the SWF rubbish

As long as the killer cant talk, I dont need to hear that during a game, But, I dont mind the idea of the killer hearing the chat if s/he is in range to know what is going on

• LordGlint
    edited July 2019

@Rydog I could agree to that, except I wish each killer was ranked separately. Learning a new killer is kinda daunting when your going against the survivors who are already challenging for your "tried and true" killers youve already mastered. The whole rank system is the same reason I dont think console users would be bullied if they ever introduced cross play.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2019

so you dont want to hear the killer, but think the killer wants to hear a bunch of mouth breathing teenagers?

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2019

Long as there is a mute button I don't care.

One button can save a lot of stress. Or you can be that one guy, that has the ability to change what is happening, VIA muting the annoying person, but refuse to because stubbornness I guess?

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

So many complaining about something that is unlikely to happen, lol.

If voice comms shouldn't be added in-game, people should stay quiet about people using voice comms outside of the game too.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Yeah, screw it already. You guys are fine using external comms, no problem.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Okapi I wouldn't mind bringing solos closer to SWF level and buffing killers at the same time.

However, I don't think that an implemented voice chat would be good for the health of DbD. A lot of people in this community are very unfriendly and we all know how much insults are written in the after-game chats. People insulting other players via voice chat would surely lead to a part of the playerbase simply leaving the game.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

Expectation - “Feng quickly go save the jake, I’ll stay on the gen.” “David distract the killer I’ll go look for ruin!” “Jane don’t move I have an instaheal and I’ll take a hit.” “Don’t save I have borrowed time ok?”

Reality - “Go save the ######### jake I’ll do the gen.” “Holy ######### you’re so bad at chasing.” “Why didn’t you recover idiot?? God I hope you die.” “You goddam idiot I had borrowed time why did you save!”

If it’s going to be anything like F13th devs don’t. I get you’re trying to close the gap between solo and swf and while it does seem good in some aspects I don’t see it being good overall.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@xCarrie Exactly this would happen. This would hurt the game badly, not a good idea.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Looking forward to hearing survivors screaming profanity at me when I am chasing them.. because that's exactly what this game needs more off, right? Having any sort of VOIP in a game with a community as toxic as a nuclear wasteland is like asking for it all to get worse.

@Peanits @not_Queen Please, please, please, please, mega please. Tell whoever's in charge of this madness that VOIP is not healthy for this game.

• remove_moris
    remove_moris Member Posts: 4
  • Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Are people this afraid that devs could finally start balancing the game after introducing voice coms for everyone?

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited July 2019

"Solo survivors should be brought up to SWF levels."

"SWFs are OP because they use voice chat."

I don't see a ######### problem with this. If the survivors become more organised with this than game becomes easier to balance killers.

• invira_zero
    invira_zero Member Posts: 229

@Mc_Harty I didnt said that Solo-s shouldnt be brought to SWF level. Again, there is a plenty of ways that may do it, and Voice comm is the worst of them. UI adjustment, that you could see what people does will make the same #########, without bringing VoIP.

Also, making Kindred or Bond base kit will help solo-s a lot. This implement will allow devs to balance killers and perks around groups of survivors. VoIP is just the easiest, neat, the worst of them

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited July 2019

That is dancing around the issue that many players still have an advantage with voicechat compared to the ones that don't.

Devs state they want to bring solo survivors to swf levels. I have no problems with this.

• invira_zero

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/cghtuz/fromrleaksbydaylightnew_gesture_and_push_to/

Found this one on reddit. Guess, some new gestures. Im ok with them, tbh

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

now that is some logic and critical thinking right there.

"If you think voice comms shouldnt be in the game, you shouldnt be able to talk about it."

Makes sense....

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

I would suggest that your friend stops data mining. It is against the EULA.

But beyond that, voice chat was tested very early on (back in the early alpha days). This was already mentioned in the past and we had decided against it. What you're seeing is more than likely just a leftover from that. There are no plans to add voice chat at the moment.

• invira_zero

@Peanits, mate. Im so happy to hear this... Thx, i hope this wouldnt be implemented