The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Issues with the pick up animation and flashlight

Just had a game as trapper against a team with one person who really knew how to use the purple flashlight to the point I was pretty fed up by end of the match. most ppl come at you while you are carrying a victim toa hook, she would pop up during the pick up animation and flash the light as soon as you started to stand up, at this point the killer cannot look away so its a guaranteed blind and person escaped.

Managed to down all of em and kill one though, I need franklins on the trapper to counter act that as there is no way to look away during that animation. I get that the flashlights have a place in the game (even if they drive me mad as killer and I suck with them as a survivor. But that mechanic being exploited leads to a game despite a good score, I was not remotely enjoying the game (that said I did not DC).

I am not mad at any of the players, they played well and I would say they did something that was worth reporting as cheating, but that mechanic needs tweaking because its easy to use against the killer and if you don't have franklins demise you have no counter in the middle of the pick up animation.

I am no programmer though so not sure what they could do about it

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Well there is a simple solution, just dodge flashlights in lobby and you can play normal games :wink:
    If you dont wanna be that guy, then I suggest you try a slugging build on nurse (or huntress if you are not compfortable with nurse)

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    edited July 2018

Make it a habit to always look directly at a wall when you're picking someone up. It's not always possible of course, but if you're close to and looking at a wall or tree, they usually can't flashlight you. Sometimes I'll even delay hitting someone if it looks like I'll down them out in the open. Just keep chasing until they get close enough to a wall.

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    Esheon said:

Make it a habit to always look directly at a wall when you're picking someone up. It's not always possible of course, but if you're close to and looking at a wall or tree, they usually can't flashlight you. Sometimes I'll even delay hitting someone if it looks like I'll down them out in the open. Just keep chasing until they get close enough to a wall.

This. Plus baiting works against some survivors. Just pretend you're going to pick them up, and try and hit the the flashlighter. I've also heard that spamming drop, will drop the survivor before they're saved but I haven't tried it myself.
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568

@shadowsfall42 said:
    Esheon said:

This. Plus baiting works against some survivors. Just pretend you're going to pick them up, and try and hit the the flashlighter. I've also heard that spamming drop, will drop the survivor before they're saved but I haven't tried it myself.

If you're playing Trapper or Hag you can bait by pretending to put down a trap, which works a bit better than just standing over the downed survivor and looking down.