The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Everyone is complaining about the new Freddy.

Awww #########, here we go again.

Seriously survivors asked for a not so ######### Freddy and now they are complaining about it. What a joke.

Comments

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

I love mind game freddy hes the best

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I don't see a lot of people complaining. I feel the majority believes it's a good rework.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

That's incorrect. The Nurse's non-blink lunge is slower (or shorter, can't remember) but has longer reach than a normal lunge.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Not everyone, but I have noticed a spike in complaints on Freddy today.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

I think people dont have any problems with Freddy himself. Its that Freddy doesnt drop bloodlust when using snare so all loops that required bl2 to catch people only require bl1 on him.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Freddy's lunge isn't any different from any other killer's lunge. That is legitimately your mind making an error due to several things.

First, people tend to believe that killer attacks are hitboxes near or on their weapon. It is not. It's actually a cone that extends out a decent bit ahead of them. Second, every killer can hold their lunge for a short period before it automatically releases. Once you get the hang of it you can actually auto release on Dead Hards and hit them on a regular basis. Lastly, every killer with the exception of Myers travels the same set distance with their lunge. Myers is only different because he has a tiny lunge in T1 and long lunge in T3. He can also use addons to increase his T1 lunge. Everyone else is exactly the same.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

You mean ingame?

Cause i saw more than a few appreciation threads here.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,050

People need to stop with this.

"EVERYONE is complaining about..."

"EVERYONE thinks..."

"In EVERY game I played..."

"This happens EVERY time..."

Only if you say that it is everyone or something is happening every time/game, does not make it true. Not everyone is complaining about Freddy, honestly, I have seen not many complaints about him.

People also need to get used to him and see wether he has Dream Pallets or Snares and to remember which Pallets are real.

Overall I think its a solid Rework. What annoys me more (or maybe amazes me) is that people are sometimes playing Freddy like before - camping, tunneling, NOED. Like, guys, he isnt invisible anymore and too good for just staying on a Hook.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

@Aven_Fallen I've seen Freddies still bringing No Ed and Camping. Dunno what's really different.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

People just don't have patient anymore to test something out sadly, all they need is just to get killed once and they say "OP BROKEN!"

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

I mean I miss old Freddy in a way as I had gotten used to him and honestly found him pretty fun to play, but I'm personally enjoying nu-Freddy both as killer and survivor.

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218

Played a few games as survivor last night against the new Freddy. I think the rework was well done and got a kick out of playing against him. I thought the devs did a pretty good job with it. Unfortunately I didn't make it out any of the matches but I'm not gonna complain he's OP it was fun anyway.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I was trying him out and complaining that they have changed my good old Freddy, but then I busted into laughter when I got my first "fake pallet down" on a survivor after I teleported near them. Ok, Ok, I enjoy the new Freddy. Happy?!

Still: Just like with The Plague, good survivors don't care about waking up. Being sleep is not such a big deal, maybe they could change that.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

Most of the comments I have seen are positive. I think Freddy is a lot of fun to play against and very fun to play as him too. I think they did a great job on the rework. I was very surprised:-P

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

freddy got a bit better and thats it. also i didnt see anyone complaining about him so far.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Everyone is complaining about Freddy

But no one asks how Freddy is

• JP_Cloud
    JP_Cloud Member Posts: 173

They will care when Freddy uses the slow down addons in the DW lol

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

I don't camp but I run NOED lately because until survivors start doing totems, I'm gonna make them pay for it with their souls. So many just gen rush now and I don't have ruin or PGTW so NOED is a nice counter. If they don't gen rush, it's a good game. But even with teleports, they still knocking gens out when rushing like nothing. NOED slows them down and changes endgame to my favor because they were too lazy to do totems.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Anytime anything new comes out there will be a spike in complaints about it the day of and soon after. That's far from "everyone" though. Most like him now.

• survivormain1105
    survivormain1105 Member Posts: 327

It's crazy how I played 3 Freddie's in a row and they all camped and tunneled the hooked survivor. Surprised I didnt see any NOED though. But overall agree that it's a good rework to the old freddy. On both the killer and survivor side. Only I agree with is that there is zero reason 95% of the time to really leave the dream world. Rather stay on my gen then run across the map just go wake up.