The Dev's want to look at Nurse and Doctor before Leatherface?!?

Sandt21
Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

I actually quite shocked. I'm not saying that Nurse and Doctor shouldn't be looked at at some point, but Leatherface has a one dimensional power with more drawbacks then assets, useless addons, and his Chili addons have been bugged since his release, causing them to do nothing. Shouldn't Leatherface go first??

Comments

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

Doctor is very annoying and unfun to go against when you have a good one, Nurse is...nurse

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

All I hope about doctor is that he gets stronger while he gets less annoying at the same time. And fixing the fps drops, that's needed aswell

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Too be fair, Omega Blink Nurse. but I agree that Leatherface should be higher priority then doc. Doc has SOME high rank use, unlike Leatherface.

• fly_172
    fly_172 Member Posts: 78

I think it’s a mix of them needing to be looked at, and also being the most annoying killers to go against for survivors (in a general way). Both of them have their problems based on their add-ons as well, which might be easier to adjust.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Why don't you just be happy they're focusing on making killers more enjoyable.

They could change any killer and x,y,z wouldn't be happy their killer isn't being changed first, just go with it, Freddy is honestly one of their best killers in terms of fun imo, I've lost 95% of my matches against freddy and won 90% of my matches with freddy and I've enjoyed losing every time.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I don't like playing as Doctor so whatever they change I just hope it increases his fun factor. I know his ability is supposed to slow down the game and if you get everyone to T3 then they have to break out so keeping everyone Mad is ideal. But actually playing him feels boring because it's just a bunch of shocks that do nothing, chasing and getting really close and then eventually actually going the take down. He's like Plague without an instadown and though Plague is fun, Doctor is not so I hope they impve on him and make his abilities a bit more interesting.

One thing that would make things a little more interesting is if when Survivor see his illusion, the doppleganger takes a swing at them, it doesn't hurt them or anything it's just for that tiny shock value of the Killer trying to hit you.

• BeanieBoyBob
    BeanieBoyBob Member Posts: 354

I play both sides, so judging someone based on their pfp is quite a silly thing to comment on. I have gone against it (yesterday in fact), and I had no issues playing the game and I got out. I've played him enough to know how to force him out of a hole with juicy bait when needed. Practice under pressure skill checks, get yourself in a KYF scenario and keep practicing until you get better. I enjoy the challenge.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I am not sure what they'd possibly change about Doctor's ad-dons but Nurse definitely needs her add-ons remade. I am just worried that they'll fiddle with her power to compensate for "upgraded" add-ons.

• DaS_only

It's not under the control of survivors. When the doctor has some good placed gens and starts to protect them from beginning there is nothing u can do about. Oh hopefully this bullshit gets stomped under the ground, most unfun thing and only gets abused non skilled player

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

@BunnyTheHutt

Use the perk deja vu, it helps you prevent doing a 3 gen again. It always shows you the the three generators that are the closest.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Nurse can be fixed easily:

• Removed all but one addon that gives extra blinks.
    • +1 blink is now UR
    • Maybe some value/ effect cjanges on other addons.

Doctor is .... easy to make stronger, but hard to make less annoying as that's his design intend.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,244

I am hyped for nurse. I'm hoping they remove her range add-on and extra blinks and spread her add-on power across several add-on. Like Fatigue time reduction, increased blinked window, Increased charge speed are useful parameters for nurse, but Extra blinks and Range increase literally remove any and all counter-play from nurse. They could probably also add Plaid Flannel in her base kit so newer players suck less at nurse and maybe help console people(apparently?).

For doctor, I just hope they remove the charge speed decrease from range add-on, it ruins your ability to skillful land timed shocks on pallets, other than that, he is fine. if they wanted to make more viable to billy-tier, an add-on that decrease shock channel time or increase movement speed while channeling shock(Pink add-on) would massively improve his chase times on extremely long loops.

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265

They have to get rid of the two modes Doc currently has. His ability would be so much more useful (especially in a chase).

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Doc should be looked at before LF. LF has some useless addons, purple ones included. Those must be fixed, I agree. But Doc badly needs some changes too, although for him some tweaking with values should suffice: base shock is just too short range, and maybe snapping out could take half a breath longer.

Nurse change... completely unnecessary. If they change her basekit, they'll just prove they listen to lazy survivors too much.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,333

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do for Doc. I use to use him alot, but he's mostly been collecting dust since like December when I started playing Freddy almost exclusively.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited July 2019

They talked about the chainsaw bros too. Leatherface might needs a bit more work so it makes sense that Nurse and Doc come first

• Im2Shrewd
    Im2Shrewd Member Posts: 77
  • DaS_only

It's not a strong build, it's an annoying hostage build.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

bubbas good if you facecamp enough

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

Leatherface is viable without addons. He still has a oneshot.

Doctor is garbage, very addon dependant and his shock is pretty much useless.

Nurse's addons are crap and need the most rework out of all the killer's addons. Wouldn't mind a base kit rework too.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

@BunnyTheHutt

If three gen is never something a killer should a ride on even the Doctor who is the best doing it.

The killer cannot be in multiple places at once if you put pressure on one of the gens namely the middle one you will complete it.

A lot of the time the mistakes of others make is that they leave the three gen until the last possible thing at which point most of dead, on death hook or a team is severely weakened.

you want to tackle a three gen strat at the earliest possible opportunity

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

This came to my mind immediately upon reading this comment

I will now refer to 3 Gen Doctor as Bumble from now on

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

"Doctor needs buffs badly, he's so bad"

No, you are bad at playing him. The same held true for Freddy, he was only bad for noobs who had no idea how to use him properly.

Doctor needs some QoL changes at best, more range and a shorter charge time.

• BeanieBoyBob
    BeanieBoyBob Member Posts: 354

Thank you! I don't want anything to really change for Doc. I honestly enjoy playing him and is very strong when you shut down the loops/force early pallet drops due to Shock Therapy. I agree that QoL changes are all that is truly needed for him.

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265
    edited July 2019

Bubba just needs a small buff to his speed when revving the saw up, and when chasing full Rev, and the charge time could be a lil quicker too. Add the ability to throw the chainsaw at full Rev too, oh what fun that would be! You would have to retrieve it like trapper does traps, but still funny and awesome.Would cut down on pallet/window looping.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited July 2019

Nurse has been complained about for years and has two ridiculously strong builds. I think I remember a Nurse Cube being mentioned in like 2017 (back when reworks or a bunch of Killer buffs all at once were called cubes), so this has been talked about for years. She’s definitely going to lose her omega blink and probably the five blink loadout (I say probably because the devs might want to keep five blink Nurse but give her some major downsides in order to make up for having two extra blinks).

Doctor is probably getting looked at soon because he just needs some buffs to his base kit, a second ultra rare add-on, and some add-on changes. He doesn’t need a rework at all. Here’s what I’m hoping they’ll change for Doctor for his base kit, a second ultra rare add-on, and a couple of his add-ons (I'm not sure what I'd like to see out of a changed Maple Knight add-on, so I didn't listen):

1. Increase shock therapy range by at least 25%. The current base range is ridiculously small to the point where you won't even want to use it because you'll be in M1 range. Adjust range add-ons to compensate for this buff if necessary.
    2. Increase movement while charging up the shock to at least 105%. He can lose a lot of distance from just trying to use his shocks.
    3. Remove or significantly shorten the shock delay. This is just dumb, I really don't understand why it exists in its current state. Is it to give Survivors a good chance to dodge the shock?
    4. Significantly shorten or remove the transition between switching modes.
    5. Add the illusionary pallets to his base kit.
    6. Change the Order series of add-ons to either buff the illusionary pallets (like letting Survivors drop them if they're standing) or give a new effect (like having the illusions randomly perform actions).
    7. This change is just personal (I'm not even sure if it's true), but the illusions shouldn't spawn on a different floor than the Survivor they're tracking on multi-floored maps like The Game. It's really annoying to check one floor because of the illusion and then find nothing because the Survivor was actually on the other floor.
    8. New Ultra Rare add-on: Dr. Otto Stamper's Files. Your static field becomes map wide, shock therapy range is increased by 50% and the charge time is slightly increased. I'm actually a little surprised that the add-on series stopped at Carter's Notes and haven't gone to Otto's files considering he was Carter's mentor.

The devs might be trying to rework Leatherface so camping with him won't mean certain death as a Survivor. They could've decided to look at Killers like Nurse and Doctor who will be easier to change instead of Leatherface who could end up needing a rework instead of just simple buffs to his chainsaw.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

Idk know about Doc.. he's pretty bad in some way maybe more than LF actually idk

But Nurse is broken af. She needs a lil bit more balance around her blink so that in what ever the case is, you ACTUALLY have a REALISTIC chance to get away after a blink or a hit

and all her addons shouldnt make her nessesary stronger. More like the Z block from freddy. Except the red ones. But no more extra blinks