We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Simple Perk Ideas (Previously known as the Perk Expansion)

Options
Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
edited July 2018 in Creations

Just some Perk ideas. I tried to do something more unique, as in making it a perk only expansion, but in the end it came off as tacky so I dropped it.

I'm only doing Killer because that's the one I know well and am used to, so if anyone wants to throw some Survivor perk ideas into the comments, by all means go ahead. Doesn't stop you from suggesting any killer perk ideas either.

Also criticize me. Do it now.

Killer

1. Short Circuit: You kick with such power that it demolishes the wiring of a Generator. The last Generator you've used the Break Generator action on is unable to be repaired for 5/10/15 seconds.

"Everything is in the wrong place, what has the beast done?" -Audio Recording

1. Partycrasher: Your lust for blood goes over limits when you see a group of survivors on a generator. While approaching a small radius around a generator with 3 or more Survivors working on it, you have no basic attack cooldown for 3/4/5 seconds.

"Split up, split up, SPLIT UP!" -Lost Tapes

1. Take the Weed by the Root: If you want to stop an infestation, you have to destroy it where it came from. You become obsessed with one Survivor. If this Survivor is the first Survivor you Hook, the Entity progresses 5/10/15% faster on all hooks.

2. Nethereyes: As the Entity gazes through your eyes, he gives you a favor and increases your aura reading abilities. All aura reading abilities last 0.5/0.75/1 second(s) longer.

"The Entity points us out, and like a mindless minion the killer follows." -Notebook

1. Hex: Eternal Prison: Everytime you break a generator for the first time, gain a token up to a maximum of 6.
  • 6 Tokens: You gain the ability to flip the Exit Gate switch back up regressing switch progress (including the gate door), and the ability to close the hatch.

"You assume that because the trial is over, that so is the turmoil. You were wrong." -Unknown

1. Dread Shackle: Being brought down while so close demolishes a Survivor's hope, building binds of their own despair. Survivors downed inside the Exit Gate can not escape while downed/cannot escape or move while downed/cannot escape, move, or be healed while downed.

2. Tormentor: A false sense of hope is key to killing others. Gain 10/15/25% more Bloodpoints from hits. Survivors do not bleed or groan while Injured or Dying.

"Behold, I am the Tormentor and you are my Tormented!"

1. Behind the Reigns: When a Survivor is taking you lightly, your anger fuels your blows. When a Survivor performs a slow vault or slow locker enter during a chase, they gain the Exposed status for 20 seconds.

"The slower the worker works, the harder the whipper whips." -Lost Journal Entry

1. Cripple: Being placed on a hook produces serious and permanent damage. Every time a Survivor is hooked, they permanently suffer from 1/1.5/2% slower movement speed.

"I... can hardly move!"

1. Threatening Stance: While you watch from afar, Survivors are filled with anxiety. Standing still for 3/4/5 seconds while looking at a Survivor within 18 meters reduces their action speed by 15% for 5 seconds.

"He's just standing there... menacingly!" -Strange Recording

1. Home Turf: The shack is your home, and you feel empowered there. You move 3/4/5% faster while inside the Killer Shack and the Basement.

2. Wither: When their strength fades, they're easy prey. When Exhausted is applied to a Survivor, they gain the Exposed status for 5/7/10 seconds.

3. Unholy Guide: With the trial being so close to it's climax, the Entity grants you a gift. When the hatch opens, reveal all Survivor's auras for 0.5/1/1.5 seconds.

(I'll add more once I stop being a lazy prick)

Post edited by Mrrgle_the_Mediocre on

Comments

• flamestandish
    flamestandish Member Posts: 130
    Options

Sorry but a lot of these are just because salty killers complain about them often. I have to say 95% of these need to be looked at again.

The only one I like is the flipping the exit switch back one.

• flamestandish
    edited July 2018
    Options

I noticed I didn't really give feedback on them above, sorry about that. Here is my breakdown and critic.

Aggressive Stomp ~ Brutal Strength could just be altered so that it works for both pallets and generators.
    Also as a counter, Feng Mins which reveals when a killer breaks a generator could also work for pallets.

Hunger - Killers don't need another perk to make them faster. They have bloodlust which is more than enough to catch a survivor.

Slow Down - Disabling generators for a minute or so isn't fun. Maybe you could make it so that just the generator which you break next is disabled for up to 30 seconds. Any longer and it is not fun. Only 1 generator can be slow'd down at one time.

Partycrasher - A good concept but a little too overpowered. Survivors should be encouraged to work together. I agree that they should feel unsafe even within a group. But giving the killer a 'machine gun build' whens survivors are together shouldn't be allowed or in the game. (Remember when you could use save the best for last and unrelenting to make a machine gun build, this could happen again with this perk!).

From Behind - A survivor should use their mouse to look around. When would "behind" be classed as "behind"?. Is it behind the character or behind the camera direction.

Take the Weed by the Root - Okay this is quite clever. I'll give you that. Hooking your obsession to increase the kill time on all other hooked survivors sounds like a good idea. BUT, maybe this could be a hex as it would promote tunneling the same survivor (obsession).

Eyes of the Entity - This is just for BBQ and Chili, right?, Not required and nobody would use it. BBQ is already too strong as it is. They don't need another perk which takes up a perk spot so that they can see the survivors longer.

Hex: Eternal Prison - As said in previous post. A good concept. Gen rush (lol) could combat this. But you should be able to smash at least 6 of the gens easily given that the survivor doesn't start next to your hex totem.

Dread Shackle - Survivor cannot move while in dying position?, Hell no!

Tormentor - Wait a second. This killer perk helps survivors at the expense of giving killers more points? :chuffed: Thank you for this. But again, not required.

Behind the Reigns- Please define what you mean by 'survivor is taking you lightly'. Do you mean if a survivor is running you around for a while?. So basically you want to put that survivor into exposed state for 60 seconds (which is way too long by the way) for evading you for a long time?.

Spirit Breaker - Camping a survivor on a hook because you know that they will be slower when they get off the hook. Wow, Okay then. Nope sorry, way too overpowered and every killer will use this.

Threatening Stance - Would be good for the shape, but every other killer no. The terror radius of killers would be active and a survivor would move as soon as they hear it.

There we go :) some constructive criticism :dizzy:

Flamestandish

Post edited by flamestandish on
  • DirtyNurseMain
    DirtyNurseMain Member Posts: 70
    Options
    If you get a couple survivor perks in there that balance it out, this could be like an all perk dlc or something new? I’d pay for a perk dlc package!
  • Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Options

@flamestandish said:
    I noticed I didn't really give feedback on them above, sorry about that. Here is my breakdown and critic.

Aggressive Stomp ~ Brutal Strength could just be altered so that it works for both pallets and generators.
    Also as a counter, Feng Mins which reveals when a killer breaks a generator could also work for pallets.

Hunger - Killers don't need another perk to make them faster. They have bloodlust which is more than enough to catch a survivor.

Slow Down - Disabling generators for a minute or so isn't fun. Maybe you could make it so that just the generator which you break next is disabled for up to 30 seconds. Any longer and it is not fun. Only 1 generator can be slow'd down at one time.

Partycrasher - A good concept but a little too overpowered. Survivors should be encouraged to work together. I agree that they should feel unsafe even within a group. But giving the killer a 'machine gun build' whens survivors are together shouldn't be allowed or in the game. (Remember when you could use save the best for last and unrelenting to make a machine gun build, this could happen again with this perk!).

From Behind - A survivor should use their mouse to look around. When would "behind" be classed as "behind"?. Is it behind the character or behind the camera direction.

Take the Weed by the Root - Okay this is quite clever. I'll give you that. Hooking your obsession to increase the kill time on all other hooked survivors sounds like a good idea. BUT, maybe this could be a hex as it would promote tunneling the same survivor (obsession).

Eyes of the Entity - This is just for BBQ and Chili, right?, Not required and nobody would use it. BBQ is already too strong as it is. They don't need another perk which takes up a perk spot so that they can see the survivors longer.

Hex: Eternal Prison - As said in previous post. A good concept. Gen rush (lol) could combat this. But you should be able to smash at least 6 of the gens easily given that the survivor doesn't start next to your hex totem.

Dread Shackle - Survivor cannot move while in dying position?, Hell no!

Tormentor - Wait a second. This killer perk helps survivors at the expense of giving killers more points? :chuffed: Thank you for this. But again, not required.

Behind the Reigns- Please define what you mean by 'survivor is taking you lightly'. Do you mean if a survivor is running you around for a while?. So basically you want to put that survivor into exposed state for 60 seconds (which is way too long by the way) for evading you for a long time?.

Spirit Breaker - Camping a survivor on a hook because you know that they will be slower when they get off the hook. Wow, Okay then. Nope sorry, way too overpowered and every killer will use this.

Threatening Stance - Would be good for the shape, but every other killer no. The terror radius of killers would be active and a survivor would move as soon as they hear it.

There we go :) some constructive criticism :dizzy:

Flamestandish

Heh, thanks. This is a lot more useful than just saying that they suck.

Aggressive Stomp: Fair enough, I guess.

Hunger: Again, fair enough I guess.

Slow Down: I do like your idea, and I think I might replace Slow Down with that description, repaint it with a different name and flavor text, and then we have a good healthy perk.

Partycrasher: Maybe you misunderstood, maybe you didn't. I'm not sure. So allow me to clarify: it's only when all 3 of them are working on a generator and continue to work on a generator even when you approach a very close distance, meaning that having the no cooldown is extremely rare because chances are one of them will flee. Doesn't really make it balanced, I know, if anything that gives it more of an imbalance due to it's inconsistency, but for now I think I'll leave it how it is.

From Behind: This was a very experimental concept, and as a result it kind of sucks. The plan was that as long as the Survivor's physical model is turned away from the killer, then there's no terror radius. However, all it takes is for the Killer to move or the Survivor to move and the strange Killer Radius being removed and coming back would make it far too obvious, so I'm most likely just going to drop From Behind.

Take the Weed by the Root: I'm under the tent that tunneling isn't really such a bad thing (I know, exactly what you would expect to hear from a crappy killer), though I guess it can't hurt for the Survivors to have a way to combat the perk, so a hex works fine.

Eyes of the Entity: Not just for BBQ and Chili, though that is definitely it's strongest synergy. All limited time auras last a second longer. For example, if you're using a Nurse's Calling and they stop healing, then that's a second longer you can see them that you wouldn't previously; every Aura effect is a second longer. From my perspective, this is actually incredibly overpowered and I might remove it because of that. Also, on an off-note, I don't think the name sells the idea well enough so that's due for a change.

Hex: Eternal Prison: Good input, I only went with 7 gens because the idea of going around and having hit every gen at least once really sells the idea to me, though 6 is certainly more practical. I'll decide what to do with it.

Dread Shackle: Only while in the Exit Gate. It wouldn't change much from the first iteration anyway, the only difference being that in the first you could hide behind one of the columns and try to get a last second heal, which you can't do in the 2nd iteration, and ESPECIALLY can't do in the 3rd iteration. If that's still your problem, then sorry.

Tormentor: Yeah, it's just kind of there.

Behind the Reigns: "A survivor taking you lightly" really means nothing and is just an excuse for why you even have the Perk anyway. It's a flavor text, like how an ability would say, for example, Overcharge; "Your fueled by your hatred for progress." It doesn't really mean anything, it just sort of says why Overcharge does anything. Behind the Reigns has nothing to actually do with a Survivor taking you lightly except for slow vaulting or entering a locker slowly while in a chase. Also, yeah, 60 seconds is an extremely long time, you're right about that. I'll decrease that to... 15? 20? Does 20 sound good?

Spirit Breaker: Yeah, I guess that is an unintended side effect. I just kind of thought of it as a way to cripple Survivors slowly, though I guess it could be easily abused. I don't really know how to fix that...

Threatening Stance: As you can see from my profile pic, it was made with The Shape in mind, lol.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Options

@DirtyNurseMain said:
    If you get a couple survivor perks in there that balance it out, this could be like an all perk dlc or something new? I’d pay for a perk dlc package!

Yeah, all perk DLC was the plan. Though I wouldn't want to lock so many abilities behind a paywall especially when so many of them are strong, so the DLC would be free.

• DirtyNurseMain
    DirtyNurseMain Member Posts: 70
    Options

@DirtyNurseMain said:

Yeah, all perk DLC was the plan. Though I wouldn't want to lock so many abilities behind a paywall especially when so many of them are strong, so the DLC would be free.

Or you can unlock with shards
  • flamestandish
    Options

All perk DLC is not a good idea.

Perks should never be in a dlc pack whether free or not. Maybe put into the store or used as part of a chapter but never just released with no reasoning.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Options

@flamestandish said:
    All perk DLC is not a good idea.

Perks should never be in a dlc pack whether free or not. Maybe put into the store or used as part of a chapter but never just released with no reasoning.

Why's that?

• flamestandish
    Options

If it is paid, it’s pay to win. If it is free it means that you would force a person to play the game so that they could grind enough bloodpoints to go through all webs to obtain the new perks at level 3. A perk dlc would kill off a lot of players who just enjoy the game. If bhvr did this, it would show too much to the community that they only want people to play the game and there is no heart only profit and success. Which I am sure they wouldn’t want to promote.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Options

@flamestandish said:
    If it is paid, it’s pay to win. If it is free it means that you would force a person to play the game so that they could grind enough bloodpoints to go through all webs to obtain the new perks at level 3. A perk dlc would kill off a lot of players who just enjoy the game. If bhvr did this, it would show too much to the community that they only want people to play the game and there is no heart only profit and success. Which I am sure they wouldn’t want to promote.

I... don't really see how that only promotes only profit and success, but aight.

• flamestandish
    Options

@Mrrgle_the_Mediocre said:

@flamestandish said:

I... don't really see how that only promotes only profit and success, but aight.

The more players in the game, the more likely it is that other people will purchase it. It is how most games are sold. Following the crowd sort of speak. More players means that the game will rank higher in the steam charts (not sure if console has an equivalent but there too). BHVR want the game to still be fun.

I am not knocking your creativity by the way, it is excellent that you are thinking about and actually putting forward ideas. Maybe you could try and link them to a killer?. A lot of previous perks are tied to a certain killer type.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Options

@flamestandish said:

@flamestandish said:

The more players in the game, the more likely it is that other people will purchase it. It is how most games are sold. Following the crowd sort of speak. More players means that the game will rank higher in the steam charts (not sure if console has an equivalent but there too). BHVR want the game to still be fun.

I am not knocking your creativity by the way, it is excellent that you are thinking about and actually putting forward ideas. Maybe you could try and link them to a killer?. A lot of previous perks are tied to a certain killer type.

Yeah, I guess I can see where you're coming from, though it requires a bit more pessimistic of a mindset. Unfortunately, with companies like EA and Activision walking around it isn't an uncommon or even an incorrect mindset to have.
    Anyway, currently I have 10 Perks here, soon to be more whenever I decide to get off my ass. Since each Killer has 3 perks, then once I reach 12 perks that that is 4 killers that would have to be created just to tie up all these simplistic Perks. I suppose the best thing to do with this is to just label it as ideas rather than an entire Paralogue. Oh yeah, I think I called it a Chapter instead of a Paragraph previously, my bad. I don't know if that really changes much, but yeah.

I appreciate your input, and it's probably about time I add some more perks, lmao.

• flamestandish
    Options

@flamestandish said:

@flamestandish said:

Yeah, I guess I can see where you're coming from, though it requires a bit more pessimistic of a mindset. Unfortunately, with companies like EA and Activision walking around it isn't an uncommon or even an incorrect mindset to have.
    Anyway, currently I have 10 Perks here, soon to be more whenever I decide to get off my ass. Since each Killer has 3 perks, then once I reach 12 perks that that is 4 killers that would have to be created just to tie up all these simplistic Perks. I suppose the best thing to do with this is to just label it as ideas rather than an entire Paralogue. Oh yeah, I think I called it a Chapter instead of a Paragraph previously, my bad. I don't know if that really changes much, but yeah.

I appreciate your input, and it's probably about time I add some more perks, lmao.

Fair play =) , also if you are interested I have made some dlc creations myself. Some killer and some complete dlc. They are not fantastic but I’ve just posted them up in the fan creations section (or click my name and go to posts).
    Keep adding more perks to the list and I’m sure you’ll eventually be able to link up 3 which would compliment eachother to use as 1 dlc killer or more.
    Hey, maybe you could even suggest one of your perk sets for my dlcs I have just posted?.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Options

Bump, cuz I added a few new perks and reworked one of them.

• flamestandish
    Options

Unholy Guide: With the trial being so close to it's climax, the Entity grants you a gift. When the hatch opens, reveal all Survivor's auras for 0.5/1/1.5 seconds.

So you just want to reveal the last survivor?, 99% of the time when the hatch opens it is when you kill the second to last survivor and there is just one left. This is just madness and totally un needed. Extremely situational perk also.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Options

@flamestandish said:
    Unholy Guide: With the trial being so close to it's climax, the Entity grants you a gift. When the hatch opens, reveal all Survivor's auras for 0.5/1/1.5 seconds.

So you just want to reveal the last survivor?, 99% of the time when the hatch opens it is when you kill the second to last survivor and there is just one left. This is just madness and totally un needed. Extremely situational perk also.

/shrug, that's basically the use of the perk, yeah. It only reveals them for under 2 seconds meaning that it's an inaccurate guide 90% of the time, and if they're not by the hatch and you go to them then it gives them extra chance to sneak around you. It was primarily made to combat hatch standoffs. Also yeah, it's extremely situational.