Disconnectors, why if we reoprt them and nothing is being to disourage disconnectors,

Options

As a survivor it makes it harder on all survivors, as a killer your not getting all the blood points you could have gotten are lost. so what is going on?, If we report them nothing, if we don't report them nothing. everyday as the killer I get in almost every game 1 to 2, and 3 in a single game, they do this to keep their tool boxes med kits, flashlights, and as the killer what do I get?. a message ruthless killer, and that's it. As a survivor a harder game to play see if they would have stayed on the hook it would have gave the rest of us time to do gen's and even save her. Just lost my best add-ons and for what. if players disconnect they should lose all blood point and all add-on, they should lose everything to discourage disconnect when caught by the killer

Comments

• MikeLatin7
    MikeLatin7 Member Posts: 209
    Options

what do disconnectors get they get to keep their med kits, flashlights, tools boxes it's not fair, do something please

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

You're not supposed to report them. If they disconnect too many times, they get banned automatically.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Orion said:
    You're not supposed to report them. If they disconnect too many times, they get banned automatically.

Yeah the only problem with the system is that "too much" is considered to be a 70% DC rate or sth. I can confirm that with a 50% DC rate you are still fine to go

• Master
    Options

@MikeLatin7 said:
    what do disconnectors get they get to keep their med kits, flashlights, tools boxes it's not fair, do something please

Its fair for 80% of the community, so its almost fair overall

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

It would be so easy for them to simply go oh you disconnected from the match, ok you lose X-amount of BP next match or get a warning and after 3 DC's a day you get a "time out" until you can rejoin a lobby. I honestly don't know why they haven't done this as its currently a rampant problem.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    At first they should simply remove items upon disconnecting, that will already kill of a lot of teasons to pull the plug 
  • TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    Options
    Orion said:

But do you realize that veteran players (such as myself) fear no penalties because we have probably around 1000 matches stacked up? The DC ban is based on a percentage off your total matches I think. 
         Of course, I’m a dedicated player so you won’t see me trolling away my honor.
  • Orion
    Options

@TheTimeMachine said:
    Orion said:

But do you realize that veteran players (such as myself) fear no penalties because we have probably around 1000 matches stacked up? The DC ban is based on a percentage off your total matches I think. 
         Of course, I’m a dedicated player so you won’t see me trolling away my honor.

I am aware. That's an argument for changing the percentages; not an argument that nothing is being done to punish people who DC a lot.

• TheTimeMachine
    Options
         @Orion It can seem close to “nothing being done” though... I mean, I could disconnect 50 straight matches and have no repercussions. 
  • Orion
    Options

@TheTimeMachine said:
         @Orion It can seem close to “nothing being done” though... I mean, I could disconnect 50 straight matches and have no repercussions. 

Which, again, is an argument for changing the percentages.

• TheTimeMachine
    Options
    @Orion ...Take my badge deputy... I surrender to your reasoning and patience. 
  • Master
    Options

@TheTimeMachine said:

Did you actually try that? 50 DCs in row and not even a warning email or sth like that?
    Pathetic...... just pathetic....

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493
    Options

Thing is also the reasons. I get really triggered if the game starts and I instantly start repairing a generator and then a teammate is 3 meters away from me hiding behind a wall waiting for a killer to hit someone instead of helping me repair. Ofcourse the killer comes to us and I get instantly downed. I refuse to keep playing the game if the person hiding like a coward gets a free pass. Its at rank 4 even. I instantly dced.

Everyone has their rights and wrongs. What I concider a valid reason to DC might sound weird for another and visa versa.

I play this game for fun and if within a minute the game looks like it wont be I simply leave. Simple as that.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited July 2018
    Options

DC ban should be dished out at 5%, and reset your record every month.

• Orion
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

I say 4 disconnects per month, and if you exceed that, you can't play for the rest of the month. However, this assumes that the Killer has a "Concede" option. I'll explain:

• You're not entitled to DC from a game just because it's going poorly. That ruins everyone else's fun. If you're playing Survivor, you have the option to ######### by letting the Killer hook you.
    • If your Internet is so bad that you disconnect often, then you clearly shouldn't be playing online anyway. You're ruining everyone else's game, period.
    • If you have stuff to do IRL, then you shouldn't be playing anyway. However, 4 DCs allow for one emergency per week, which I'd say is a fair assumption.
  • Mapeater
    Mapeater Member Posts: 2
    Options

I think there should be a cooldown each time someone DCs. Just like CSGO competitive cooldown where you can abandon the match but each time you do so you will received an even bigger cooldown going from just a couple of minutes to even days. That's a simple mechanic but I think it's one that will discourage dcing on a bigger scale. What do you think guys?

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@Orion said:

yes you are that's why it's there camping is not reportable disconnectors are, and you should it a wast of time for everyone in the ga,me

• Master
    Options
    Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

I say 4 disconnects per month, and if you exceed that, you can't play for the rest of the month. However, this assumes that the Killer has a "Concede" option. I'll explain:

• You're not entitled to DC from a game just because it's going poorly. That ruins everyone else's fun. If you're playing Survivor, you have the option to [BAD WORD] by letting the Killer hook you.
    • If your Internet is so bad that you disconnect often, then you clearly shouldn't be playing online anyway. You're ruining everyone else's game, period.
    • If you have stuff to do IRL, then you shouldn't be playing anyway. However, 4 DCs allow for one emergency per week, which I'd say is a fair assumption.
    Game needs a casual mode rhen
  • MikeLatin7
    Options

@Master said:

@Orion said:

Yeah the only problem with the system is that "too much" is considered to be a 70% DC rate or sth. I can confirm that with a 50% DC rate you are still fine to go

disconnecting is not a good thing players get to keep their add-on and being the killer you lose, they should be reported and like other games in the pass they should all play like players themselves

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@Master said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

Its fair for 80% of the community, so its almost fair overall

It's not fair, they should lose everything even blood points

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@MegaWaffle said:
    It would be so easy for them to simply go oh you disconnected from the match, ok you lose X-amount of BP next match or get a warning and after 3 DC's a day you get a "time out" until you can rejoin a lobby. I honestly don't know why they haven't done this as its currently a rampant problem.

what they do is disconnect the internet link, my point is that something should be done, nothing is being done as far as I can tell, it's not fair to all players

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@Shadoureon said:
    Thing is also the reasons. I get really triggered if the game starts and I instantly start repairing a generator and then a teammate is 3 meters away from me hiding behind a wall waiting for a killer to hit someone instead of helping me repair. Ofcourse the killer comes to us and I get instantly downed. I refuse to keep playing the game if the person hiding like a coward gets a free pass. Its at rank 4 even. I instantly dced.

Everyone has their rights and wrongs. What I concider a valid reason to DC might sound weird for another and visa versa.

I play this game for fun and if within a minute the game looks like it wont be I simply leave. Simple as that.

it's not that, I don't think. There are to many greedy players they hid, close by waiting for the killer to get you , then they act like they are saving you while the killer is close by, you get hooked again and there they are saving you again, really they are framing you, you should report them then there's the other ones that get you off the hook follows you to heal you knowing you can heal yourself they flash their flashlights or vault thro a window to give you away because you didn't let them get those points, it's wrong but it happens to me all the time I say report them all, and hopefully they will be made to play likewise player, and then we the rest of us can really enjoy playing the game

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@Orion said:

that's my point nothing is being done, no body is getting ban, they don't lose their add-ons nothing they should play themselves when they are the killer/survivors, and see how it feels still they should lose their add-ons

• MikeLatin7
    Options

not only the survivors the killer need to get penalized to when disconnecting from a game when there are 4 gen done and the killer has no one on the hook he/she disconnects. I have about 1,070 hours playing and it happen a lot, they to should be penalized, but nothing is going to happen if you all don't report them

• Orion
    Options

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Orion said:

that's my point nothing is being done, no body is getting ban, they don't lose their add-ons nothing they should play themselves when they are the killer/survivors, and see how it feels still they should lose their add-ons

Yes, they are. The fact that the people who DC against you don't get banned doesn't mean nobody does.

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Orion said:

yes you are that's why it's there camping is not reportable disconnectors are, and you should it a wast of time for everyone in the ga,me

No, you're not. The devs have mentioned this time and time again - there's an automated system in place for people who disconnect.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@Orion said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Orion said:

Yes, they are. The fact that the people who DC against you don't get banned doesn't mean nobody does.

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Orion said:

No, you're not. The devs have mentioned this time and time again - there's an automated system in place for people who disconnect.

The problem with the automatic system is that the disconnect "% per matches played" is set to 80%. That number is A: Way too damn high and B: know to most people that you can stay under the threshold and still abuse it.

• MikeLatin7
    Options

no body needs to get banned. Survivors should lose their add-ons and the killer should get 100% as if they were on the hook. killers that disconnect should have a penalty of 5000 blood points and all the survivors + 5000 blood points I say that because the offerings are about that 5 to 6000 blood points and you lose them because the killer disconnected. That's fair.

• Jack11803
    Options

@MikeLatin7 said:
    no body needs to get banned. Survivors should lose their add-ons and the killer should get 100% as if they were on the hook. killers that disconnect should have a penalty of 5000 blood points and all the survivors + 5000 blood points I say that because the offerings are about that 5 to 6000 blood points and you lose them because the killer disconnected. That's fair.

On PS4 survivors lose EVERYTHING they brought in, items included, pips, and even the previous games progress. THIS IS WHEN THE KILLER DC’s. What do you think of that?

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

On PS4 survivors lose EVERYTHING they brought in, items included, pips, and even the previous games progress. THIS IS WHEN THE KILLER DC’s. What do you think of that?

I don't know but my proposal seems fair on pc they don't lose anything

• Jack11803
    Options

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

That’s not a proposal I said. That’s what happens NOW, when killer dc’s. That’s right, it SEVERELY punished survivors instead

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

That’s not a proposal I said. That’s what happens NOW, when killer dc’s. That’s right, it SEVERELY punished survivors instead

Proposal a plain or suggestion, is what I said--no body needs to get banned. Survivors should lose their add-ons and the killer should get 100% as if they were on the hook. killers that disconnect should have a penalty of 5000 blood points and all the survivors + 5000 blood points I say that because the offerings are about that 5 to 6000 blood points and you lose them because the killer disconnected. That's fair. I don't know about ps4 I play on pc and the survivors that disconnect don't lose their add-ons that why they do it

• Jack11803
    Options

@MikeLatin7

You seem to be misunderstanding. I’m saying survivors are wrongfully punished, very badly at that, for a killer closing app on os4. Do you think that’s in the tiniest bit fair? Shouldn’t all dc efforts the devs have be put into not having that happen? And it sends you to main menu, so you don’t know who the killer that did it was. It’s basically the killers version of the flashlight macro, but only on PS4, and does WAY MORE DAMAGE

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    @MikeLatin7

You seem to be misunderstanding. I’m saying survivors are wrongfully punished, very badly at that, for a killer closing app on os4. Do you think that’s in the tiniest bit fair? Shouldn’t all dc efforts the devs have be put into not having that happen? And it sends you to main menu, so you don’t know who the killer that did it was. It’s basically the killers version of the flashlight macro, but only on PS4, and does WAY MORE DAMAGE

ok, sure

• MikeLatin7
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    @MikeLatin7

on pc when the killer disconnect it go's as if you survive and you get nothing and you know the killers name, and as a disconnecting survivor you don't lose your add-ons