The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

If survivors just wanted strong killers nerfed...

indieeden7
indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366

Then surely as many people who want Nurse nerfed would be calling for Spirit and Billy nerfed. What people don't understand is that players just want Nurse to have different counterplay than hide and hope for the best. The upcoming add-on change and slight base power tweak will possibly create more leeway for this to become a possibility.

Although Spirit can be on par with Nurse in many situations, the reason nowhere near as many people complain about her is because she can still be delayed by windows and pallets while still maintaining the ability to shorten loops and end chases quickly. Hillbilly is also seen as fair due to the fact that for the ability to one shot and gain map pressure, he loses the majority of his movement control while using his chainsaw while also losing much of his ability to hear survivors around him.

Nurse on the other hand, ignores pallets, walls, has huge amounts of map pressure ends chases almost instantly while forfeiting next to nothing as movement speed is something the nurse doesn't even need.

Nurse will still be viable after her tweak, people just assume that any kind of change to a killer will completely gut them all because BHVR made ONE killer ridiculously less viable after a rework despite the Nurse not even being reworked and the most recent rework making the most unviable killer tremendously stronger.

Now can we please stop acting as though the Nurse is basically being removed from game despite the fact we haven't been given enough information about her changes to come to the judgement that she will be any weaker than she is now?

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I have to agree. People complain about all three and even others as well: Freddy, Bubba, Legion even... etc.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

There were tons of topics regarding Spirit Prayer Beads in the past month or so.

The Nurse is being pushed to center stage because of one particular topic, one particular video, one particular "challenge," and a name drop on the most recent dev stream.

Prior to this, I'm pretty sure Spirit, Prayer Beads, and Iron Will were the "hot topic."

• indieeden7

Yes, there were complaints about 1 add-on, however there are very few complaints about Spirit herself, much like how most people are fine with Nurse at base, but additional blinks allow her to become close to unbeatable.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

The devs said "mainly add-ons" when they mentioned Nurse, which is what really needs to be fixed. I'm sure that any tweaks to her base kit will be done to consider add-ons, like how they changed Pig's ambush but adjusted add-ons to have the same end result. Granted I doubt they would make her MORE powerful, but there is a chance they may do something like slightly increase fatigue or slightly reduce her blink speed, but then when you use add-ons the end result will be the same as it is now. And I doubt they will even touch her basekit unless they have to because of an add-on. They just don't want to say "only add-ons" then later end up having to change her base kit even slightly because people will flip. "YOU SAID ONLY HER ADD-ONS!!". So they said "mainly add-ons" so that they have some wiggle room on her base kit IF NECESSARY.

As for Spirit and Billy...

Spirit is just fine the way she is. The only change that is needed is Prayer Beads, it needs some sort of drawback to make it fair. I suggested making the footstep bug and actual effect when using PB so that you can at least react when she is right on top of you (specifically to avoid gen grabs). But removing collision when using PB would be an option too. Or maybe something else, IDK. Some have said change PB to a pink add-on, that would only make it worse. P3 blood webs usually drop at least 1 pink item, sometimes 2. For killers, the only options for pink items are Ebony's and add-ons (also splinters if you don't own DLC's) That means there is a 33% chance (not counting splinters) that you will get a specific pink item drop. But as a purple, there are 4 add-ons and 3 offerings. That means less of a chance to get a specific drop, even if there are usually 2-3 on average in a blood web. Also, someone like me that mains Spirit, I have like 45 or 50 Prayer Beads because I never use them. It would make no difference to me if I wanted to just use them every game for like a month.

Billy needs his add-ons reworked also. Carb Tuning Guide needs to be purple for how strong it is, and the numbers need a minor nerf. Maybe even remove the ability to stack certain add-ons. Insta-saw is the main issue here because it makes him really OP. His base kit though is absolutely fine.

• Donnyc
    Donnyc Member Posts: 47

What minor tweak to her ability will give her counter play? If you remove the fact that she ignores pallets and walls what do you have left? I don't play nurse or any killer that much, just wondering.

• indieeden7

They could make pallet stuns interrupt her blinks, making pallets more viable against Nurse while also increasing the length of chases. Unlikely but it could happen :/

• Donnyc
    Donnyc Member Posts: 47

Her blink is more of a teleport than a phase walk, but they have made pallet stuns stronger by putting killers in cool down. Thanks for the reply

• invira_zero
    invira_zero Member Posts: 229

idk, im ok with all of them, except nurse. Every chase is like, you get a stress moment every time killer use his ability. Spirit does it every 20 seconds, billy raises his chainsaw, etc. In case of spirit\billy you can juke them, and there is some CD on them. They need to cut the distance, so they may catch up to you. It may take a while. Nurse making those stress moments happen every 5 seconds, charging the blink.

Every 2 seconds she may approach you and land a hit. Not like billy ,that can bump on objects, she simply ignore it. The most effective way to counter her is breaking LoS. And im ok with it, btw. But if nurse is running omegablink or more than 3 blinks - its kinda frustrating. Instead of 2 chances to correct herself and land a hit, she has up to 5 of them. But, otherwise, im ok with her

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Nurse is honestly more fun to play against than Spirit. Against Nurse you know it's your own fault for dying fast but against Spirit when you come to a loop, it's mostly a coinflip favored heavily for the Spirit. There is no drawback (except the cooldown) to using her power. If you're trying to mindgame her by not running to leave scratchmarks, she can just stop phasing and in most situations you'll be out of position due to trying to mindgame her that she might be able to get a hit basically for free. Even when you've won the "mindgame" you're still at a high risk of getting hit.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

You dont think, that as soon as the changes are solidified the threads will turn to one of them?

Are you new here?

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

'People ignore the fact'.

The 'fact' has yet to happen. The only true facts on-hand is the history of the game's development since launch and that suggests concerns are entirely warranted.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

I don't think people who play DBD play on console and pc. On console Nurse is a nightmare to play and beyond frustrating. She needs a rework just to make her playable for console if anything else.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited July 2019

If Nurse gets knocked down to the point where she's no longer high rank viable, the complaint frequency will change from "Nurse OP, PLZ Nerf" to "Spirit/Billy OP, PLZ Nerf".

Admittedly Nurses add-on's need a balance rework, but if the changes the devs make to Nurse result in her losing high rank viability, all they will accomplish is showing the complainers that if they whine hard enough, they can take down a top tier killer. A trend that could be devastating for the game, and these forums, as a whole.

As already stated, If Nurse is nerfed too much, complaints about her will drop, but increase for the other 2 killers considered to be top tier, and if the devs cave in and apply nerfs to those killers; The only people who will want to play at rank 5+ will be Survivors who know there aren't any killers whose kits can provide an adequate challenge for them, and remain there to bully any that try. Rank 5+ will become less of an acknowledgment to the killer players skill, and more of a testament to their masochism. More than that, there will also be a heavier rise in complaints about certain ultra rare add-on's, perk builds, and an increase in Mori usage, because in order for killers who aren't high rank viable to be able to compete against the best of the survivors, they will have to adapt to using more merciless (what are often considered toxic) builds and tactics.

Nurse is a well designed killer that rewards the high skill it takes to learn to play her with a high success rate and viability at the top ranks. Admittedly this skill can be achieved to decent reward level after 30 hours of playing her, but no other killer has that high of a skill ceiling. Eventually some of her current add-on's become favored as they make doing what she does best much easier to accomplish, and even overpowered regardless of rank, which obviously isn't healthy for the game. For this reason the upcoming add-on changes are necessary as long as they don't go too far, but even a minor change to her base kit (slower blink speed, higher fatigue time, shorter blink range, loss of ability to blink through objects, etc.), no matter how well intentioned for balance, can completely drop her top tier viability.

For example: Back in patch 1.9.0 (Pigs chapter release) there was a bug for Nurse that made it so that every time she successfully performed a Lethal Blink (blink+successful strike) she would perform her 3 second blade wipe first and then suffer her 3 second fatigue. This became known as the infamous "Nurse Double Stun" and it was patched out very soon afterwards, because giving survivors 6 seconds of escape time, wherein Nurse players couldn't see where they ran, proved to make Nurse practically useless even at mid ranks. I'm actually surprised that Posters on these forums who complain about Nurse aren't begging for the devs to bring that bug back as a "feature". This minor Bug however destroyed Nurse while it was live, and I feel that if they change her base kit in any other minor way, she'll lose her place in the top tier.

Its funny how often there are complaints on these forums concerning the fact that the high ranks have no killer diversity due to the fact that there are only 3, maybe 4 current killers that are high rank viable. We get discussions here asking the devs to buff the other killers to the point where they are decent at mid ranks without need of perks and add-on's, and can only become viable at high ranks with the aid of said perks and add-on's. Yet, here we are discussing what happens to killers who are high rank viable: "(Killer) OP, PLZ Nerf"

I'm greatly concerned about the upcoming changes to the Nurse, and whether or not they will kill her position. I'm equally concerned about what this could mean for the community and the game as a whole, and although I want to be optimistic; the most recent time a killer was nerfed was Legion, whose power was rendered toothless, and most of their add-on's worthless. Should Nurse get the same treatment...

"Welcome to rank 5+, your quintessential Billy and Spirit experience!" (soon to be Spirit only).

• Bayside
    Bayside Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2019

Gotta love the people in this thread defending Nurse like playing her is hard or anything. She's the easiest Killer in the game simply because she doesn't need to learn anything other than how to blink. If someone just played Nurse and never touched an M1 Killer, they'd never know that you even have to do red stain mind games, that you have to push Survivors to certain areas that are favorable for you, that you have to get crafty to catch people off guard at loops, none of that. All they'd know how to do is press M2 a couple times and get a free down. That's what they'd think normal DBD is. Not to mention she's unplayable on console. Spirit at least has counterplay with things like Iron Will, Quick and Quiet, and evading grass on the floor. (Although I agree Prayer Beads needs a nerf, it's way too good for what it does.) Billy is an M1 Killer that has good map pressure and ends chases quickly if a Survivor gets caught out. Nurse? She's a Killer that goes through walls and floors, ignores pallets completely, and covers insane distances for chases and gen protection in literal seconds. What's her drawback? What makes her balanced like Spirit or Billy? Nothing. She has no drawbacks at all. She's not a crutch, she's a rocket powered wheelchair in comparison to other Killers. She has no counter, she has no mind games to play. A good Nurse will ensure this. I'd rather them rework Nurse to be reasonable and actually fix the problems the game has to make it playable for a majority of Killers in rapid succession rather than waiting 1.5 years for each of them to get reworks like Freddy did. Spirit should be the top Killer because she's actually fair and balanced (without PB), unlike Nurse since some people see her that way.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

What was the challenge, name drop, etc? I'm sincerely out of the loop

• Remi1993
    Remi1993 Member Posts: 88

Survivors always cry, they always want to nerf a killer even when killer is weak... Survivors want easy win and to bully killers... ah these survivors.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

I'm hoping they'll maker her more playable on console when they look at her base.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

You joking right ? I see at least 2 threads per week about people complaining about Spirit having no counter play.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442
    edited July 2019

don't rub nurse with both other killers you mentioned, its totally different level

in dead by daylight theres no hard to master thingy, its not hard as fighting game

it sounds like specially untalented dude or noobie you are

what your saying is only came out from potatos vs potato killer

but reality is its only hard for you and its only ok when you using it

or your opponents are just much noob as you

i already heard from lots of people nurse is easy and insanely op

but didn't heard same about billy or spirit

even with their best addons never heard of its easy or insanely op

just few people said they are op when using their best addons and mori

nurse in my hand it performs insanely op even without addons

other decent players can do same just like ohtofu showed

i only saw few rounds he played because he less skilled than me

• indieeden7

Who was this replying to? Because you might want to tag or quote them seeing as it's extremely unclear what you're trying to say without doing that.

• marching_hyena
    marching_hyena Member Posts: 21

Now, I don't want to sound like the, "YoUrE WRoNg, NurSe is FiNe, SToP CrYiNg" people who usually respond to posts like these, but it does concern me a little whenever I see people calling for a nerf for Killers. First off, I'm a Survivor main, I don't really play Killer at all. Additionally, I'm not a rank 5 or lower Survivor (I usually play around rank 15), so I don't know how powerful a red rank Nurse is. However, I've always found Nurse easy to counter. When in a chase and she blinks, just start running towards where she originally blinked from. It's possible (at least around my rank) to mind game her to get her to use her blink which can be used to create more distance between you and her. I've done this many times and I've usually been successful in avoiding a blink attack and getting away. In addition to her fatigue, this is a perfect form of counter play to the Nurse. As I said previously, I don't know how strong a red rank Nurse is, and I don't know if my "strategy" would work for the red ranks.

• indieeden7

You're completely correct, this was a viable counterplay to Nurse at high ranks about a year ago. However, with the addition of the Saw chapter, they made it possible for Nurses to cancel their blinks by aiming at the floor, a technique used by practically all high rank Nurses. If they reverted this change, neither her add-ons nor her base power would have to be changed.

• marching_hyena
    marching_hyena Member Posts: 21

Ah I see, I didn't know that. Thanks for the reply!