Red Rank Pipping

It is literally insane what the devs expect red rank survivors to do each map to get a pip. i did 2 gens, got 5 saves, 2 totems, hatch, and ran escaped chases from the killer. 25k points and still a black pip. It seems that if a game doesn't go on for 20+ minutes it's impossible to pip at red ranks. Am i supposed to do all 5 gens/totems, get 6 saves, open both gates and escape by hatch????? How do i get 1k points less than a killer who pips, and i do nearly everything in the match and don't pip.

Comments

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

short answer : yes

long anwser: yes, i hate it (somehow managed to get to rank 1 tho)

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2019

It's actually pretty easy, just follow the "rule of 1". You need 12 emblem points to pip as survivor.

• 1 gen solo = silver Lightbringer (2 points)
    • 1 safe rescue + 1 full solo heal on another survivor = gold Benevolence (3 points)
    • ~1 minute of chase + ~1 minute of stealth near killer = silver/gold Evader (2 or 3 points)
    • Escape = gold Unbroken (3 points)

This puts you at 10 or 11 points already (Evader is tricky because it's based on distance and therefore less consistent). That means you just over-perform in 1 or 2 categories and you got yourself a pip. That means do 1 more gen or make 1 more safe rescue + full heal and you just pipped.