Archives: Lore for Licensed Characters?

Options
Khorzad
Khorzad Member Posts: 143

One doubt that I had since the Archives were announced was on how it would affect licensed characters, like, could we have lore and stories about Michael Myers, Pig or Ash? I imagine that it would be similar to the situation with the cosmetics, all depending on the company, and if they allow it, but as we have gained stuff for the Pig, so is there a possibility of something similar with the Archives? And what about a character like Ghostface, that is an original character in a licensed cosmetic?

Because although I really want more and more lore about the backstories and the story of Original Characters, I have to admit that I would love to see more stuff about the Shape or Freddy in the Fog.

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

Having lore for Ghostface would probably be the easiest for them since the character is theirs but the cosmetic is licensed. I would love to see lore about him since he's their dude.

My only real hope as far as comsetics go if they have that in the Archives or Rift is a Freddy cosmetic from New Nightmare, he's so dapper in that one <3 I really hope that happens one day because holy #########, watch that movie man it is awesome.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,159
    Options

I mean, it would literally just be stuff from the movies, but I wouldn't mind. Who knows. Maybe we can get some unseen things that were only mentioned (like 2010 Freddy getting his power or how Tapp became as good as he was).

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

I’m honestly really looking forward to the ghostface lore so I really hope they do, they did already make the initial lore for him, and with him it’s probably actually possible to give further details and something that has not seen before.

But it would be really cool to see lore of how other licensed characters are in the entity’s realm but of course anything prior/backstory would probably have already been covered...I really do wonder how they’ll handle those characters, kinda hope they don’t just get ignored entirely.

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712
    Options

I really hope so. If they've taken the time to give each and every character in the game a back story, including the licensed ones, then I don't see why they wouldn't be included in the archives. Heck, they could put images from the films themselves in the archives, who knows?

• PresidentDinosaur115
    Options

I’ve had this same thought since the Archives were announced. I have a sneaking suspicion that the licensed characters won’t have any content in there. However, I think they’ve made it clear that the licensed characters are canon, so hopefully they’ll put in the effort (if they’re allowed to) to give them something in there.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited August 2019
    Options

I would be interested in their stories in the fog. We have the movies and where they were before, so it doesn't make sense to do it again.

However, seeing Laurie's or Quintin's perspective on the Entity's realm should be interesting.

Seeing how Bill reacts to waking up in the fog should be fascinating as well.

And having my theory about how Kate came up with the survivor's theme proven right will be the icing on the cake.

One other thing to note is that it would be interesting to know if the world outside even takes note of how many go missing. Like in Kate's lore we see a snippet about how David King goes missing (famous football player) or Jake Park's disappearance (a son of a billionaire) things like that should be front page news, no?

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

I would also like it if they had classic freddy too... or even sunglasses freddy!

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

SUNGLASSES FREDDY! Omg, I keep forgetting about that, that would be badass XD @Raven014

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

We already know the lore from the licensed characters they all have several films. I'm more interested to know about the original people from Dead by Daylight

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748
    Options

I am too, however I feel the devs can delve into their own stories for the licensed characters in the Archives as well as the original characters.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853
    Options

i would love this, laurie's backstory is probably the shortest and the lamest

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

As much as I would love this, it would be a HUGE hassle to contact all the license holders for what's probably going to a be between 1-4 mins worth of cutscenes for a single character. Maybe in the very far future but for the initial release, absolutely not.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

You realize it wouldn't be everything at once? If they can't have all the license characters in the archive at once they'll likely have a few around

I imagine the Pig, Ghostface, and Ash will have some lore day one as will the Stranger Things chapter and then it'll just go forward from there

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748
    Options

If anything, Ash, Tapp, Pig and Ghostface are the ones most likely to get archives on release because they're the ones that have been negotiated for a while. I'd assume that them allowing to get these characters stuff will also allow them to get archives on release

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Options

I guess will just have to wait and see but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Options

I mean, I still really don't think we're getting any licensed stuff for the archives but when the time comes I'd like to be proven wrong, in fact, I would be very happy to because I think the archives are going to be great for lore expansion and I don't want the licensed stuff to miss out on it.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,159
    Options

Not the Ghost Face in DBD. Our Ghost Face is from a few years prior to Scream.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    Options

Wouldn't the lore be from the franchies, just a bit more in depth.