Best Killer Design

Kerbert
Kerbert Member Posts: 415

Which killer do you think is the best designed and scary? Not looking at lore or power, just their appearance. Original Characters only, no licensed killers.

For me it's Doctor. He just looks so creepy.

Comments

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

Billy stuck in T-pose. Can't tell what he's doing

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I like the Hag's design.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

Plague or Wraith

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

They all give me spine chill(s)

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Plague and Clown

• Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400

spirit shes creepy and u have no knowledge what will be her next move :D

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Based on the design my favourite would be Plague, her design is really interesting

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited August 2019

Wraith's new outfit.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

@Boss So do you play on ps4? If so you should just block me its like my second main LMAO

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I don't.

Btw, you don't have to @ people anymore, the quote makes the alert now.

Still have to use @ if you want to alert without quotes, of course.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Thanks for the tip, I'm rarely on the forums and when I am its like 2 days straight then a small hiatus again XD

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

hallowed blight doctor.

heck, all the hallowed blight killers look aamazing!

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

In terms of being the scariest/creepiest, in my opinion, it's a tossup between the Spirit and the Doctor.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    edited August 2019

Spirit is a wonderful tribute to Japanese horror .. I love her. Very nice design

Plague, OMG PLAGUE ... She reminds me of a Del Torro flick, I LOVE the detail on her.

Last comes the Doctor, Im not very good with him, but he is the closest thing I have to a Cenobite (Hellraiser) atm, so I am fond of his looks.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Best designed Killer is imho Myers. Well ballanced and feels a lot like his movie Paragon

• Brok3n
    Brok3n Member Posts: 51

Spirit just because of the creepy factor with her animations and hair

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

IMO, Plague has the best character design and lore, followed closely by Spirit and Huntress. Clown's lore is good, and his design is okay but there's only so much you can do with a clown theme. I will say I'm glad they went with the sad clown look instead of a crazy or happy clown look. Fits much better with the game.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited August 2019

By appearance alone, my favourites are Huntress and Spirit

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

Easily Myers.

Strong but balanced.

Various playstyles through addons.

Jump scary as hell.

Creepy.

• Kerbert

@CornChip @xEa I said in the post no licensed killers, because they've already been designed.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

Oh i wasn't aware that the dbd version of Myers was designed in another game by some other people.

My mistake.

• Kerbert

...the movies...other people than BHVR's creartive department designed his character and appearance.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Spirit for me, she's so creepy. The detached limbs look amazing and that hair, OOF. Passive phasing is part of her power but it looks awesome too :D

• ButchersBlade
    ButchersBlade Member Posts: 1

Based on looks my favorites are the Trapper and Hillbilly.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Easily Plague and Spirit

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Not going to lie: Legion is.

Mainly because they're so close to normal people that it makes you realize anyone could fall that far. Anna is also like this: Such a gentle look hides such a monster.

However based on looks alone, I'd say Spirit. Pair that with the red kimono and oni face paint... oh boy... that would be scary.

• Raven014

I'd say Legion's chapter as a whole is better, but if only by a slight margin. Everyone is connected to each other well, the map makes sense, even the survivor knows the killer, even if it's been years.

I also like how the cosmetics show what killer from the band it is... even if they haven't given any more cosmetics to them since neon Joe.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

all of them are well designed tbh, i can't think of any killer that looks bad, but i would say the hag looks rly cool, and her walking animation makes me laugh for some reason

• MegMain98
    edited August 2019

Legion’s chapter was kinda boring to me to be honest. Putting aside my hate for Legion’s gameplay...their lore has been done before over and over again. They are normal people with an “I Know What You Did Last Summer” vibe for their lore. Their look is also VERY similar to Ghostface. It’s just another slasher movie.

Plague’s lore on the other hand is fresh and a concept that hasn’t been done 1000 times before. Not to mention that her aesthetic is badass.

Spirit’s lore isn’t exactly new since it’s a Japanese ghost we’ve all seen before but it hasn’t been done NEARLY as much as Legion’s.

I won’t lie though...Legion and Spirit’s maps are beautiful. Just not very balanced maps.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,963

For me undoubtably Hag - she's scary to look at with that hand!

• Raven014

Their look isn't very similar to GFs at all. Don't know where you pulled that comparison from. Sure, they have hoods and white masks, but that's about where the similarities end.

True, she does look different to everything before.

They are different... but I just like how Legion's has the Legion logo which the survivor designed and painted there as his first commission... I just like how it all ties together. To be honest, placing a desert temple in the Red Forest because... reasons... isn't that great.

Spirit's map is good too, although I find it annoying to play on.

• Impala
    Impala Member Posts: 145

Legion is "Bubba's Hillbilly" for Ghostface, let's be honest. Why do you think Ghostface is the 1st killer that has a running animation out of a sudden? Legion was supposed to be Ghostface but they probably didn't get the rights for the mask in time so Legion became Legion and Ghostface is now the Myers/Pig Hybrid. The lore wasn't really original and there you go, the "Darkness Among Us" chapter. I must give props to the Mount Ormond map, but that would had probably been attributed to Ghostface as well, with some little tweaks to the lore. No wonder, Ghostface's chapter was such a mess, his map and survivor were already used. Now, I don't have clear evidence of this, but I'm 80% sure this was the case.

As for the topic's discussion, I have to give it to Spirit. Her theme isn't really used in the western culture and her power is very creative and allows you to experience how a ghost really "travels" through one point from another. Her lore could have been better, though.

• MegMain98
    edited August 2019

They are designed similar to Ghostface. The hoods, white masks, multiple killers similar to the movies, the hunting knife, etc...It’s pretty similar to me. It’s just like Hillbilly vs Leatherface.

I wish they would’ve done a desert theme map instead of the Red Forest biome for Plague. It should’ve been a brand new map with the huge temple and pyramid style buildings around the map. Plague herself is probably the best work they’ve done design wise for a killer. They just didn’t nail the map.

Aesthetic wise they nailed Spirit and Legion’s map. It’s just awful to play on as a killer. I probably prefer Yamaoka over Ormond though.

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    edited August 2019

The plague. A huge rotting woman slamming you in the head with an incense burner is a terrifying thought. She’s a woman empowered and she knows it. She stands up tall and walks with a serious purpose.

I just picture my wife being that tall and serious chasing me around the house with a frying pan. If that isn’t terrifying then I don’t know what would be.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Honestly, a lot of them are pretty scary looking.

If I had to pick one, it would probably be Spirit. I've seen The Grudge a few times and Spirit reminds me of that movie.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Spirit and Plague.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,219

Plague. Her appearance was one of her only redeeming qualities when I first used her (her lore being the other).

For scare factor, I would have to say Clown solely because I have coulrophobia.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Spirit and the Hallowed Blight version of the Doctor.

• Raven014

But Ghostface never wore hoodies. If anything, they are similar in design to Jeff the Killer or Kate the Chaser from Slender the Arrival than to ghostface. Heck even Hoodie looks more like Legion than GF does.

I don't mind playing on Ormund, but only in very specific situations. (As Legion or Leatherface).

In this we agree...

• Raven014

I forgot about those versions. Hallowed Blight Doc and Wraith are terrifying.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Yes, I love the effect of the sap dripping down their faces!

• MegMain98

Let me reiterate what I said...Legion is definitely somewhat inspired by Ghostface like Billy is inspired by Leatherface. They have their difference but I’m pretty sure they took some inspiration from Ghostface.

Also why do you like playing Leatherface on Ormond? I don’t mind Leatherface because survivors suffer from Bubba Syndrome and their IQ drops by about 80 when playing against him. I just hate Ormond all together when playing killer.

I think I like Huntress’ Hallowed Blight cosmetic the best but Doctor’s is the creepiest.

• Raven014

Maybe in personality, but it's still a far stretch.

For some reason I always get dumb survivors with bubba on Ormund. No idea why. I can actually have fun there.

I really liked Doc's, but Wraith's is cool too.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

Jeff with the makeup. I jump every time.

• Raven014
  • Raven014

What, you don't like the band KISS? XD

To be honest, I haven't seen anyone near me use that, so I can't say it's scary. : P

• EJmurdermain
    EJmurdermain Member Posts: 109

Well I think depending on the cosmetic they're wearing will determine that.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited August 2019

@Raven014 There's a difference between liking a band and liking what they dress themselves in. I like their music, but put a KISS member next to me on a generator in a world where people with white masks try to kill me, and I won't hesitate to book it. Also Jeff doesn't really look like KISS. He looks like he's from a hard metal band or something.

• Raven014

Lol, that was a joke! XD

But yeah, I get what you're saying. His eyes are creepy in that cosmetic.