Nerf leatherface!

Leatherface really needs a nerf. His chainsaw swiping needs to be cut down to half the amount of swings since i've never been able to escape it once he starts swinging it around. It goes for 5+ swings and should be cut down to 3 or 4 max. That way it is still mostly effective when the killer is trying to down someone in 1 hit, but it's not going to be so op that you can't escape it ever.

Or at the very least it should have to charge up the 1-hit ability per swing so if he doesn't hit you with the first 2 swings then you get downed instantly on the 3rd or 4th.

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Nice b8 m8.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    edited August 2019

Nah

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Imagine nerfing the worst Killer in the game. Get good at looping.

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415

They already nerfed the worst killer in the game, now they're going to who's next in line, Leatherface.

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608

obstacles are your friend. windows, walls, doorways... LF chainsaw can be a pain... but if you keep yourself near a few assets you'll have a lot easier LF rounds.

• Condorloco_26

No U

Bubba's power deals damage. Double damage, actually.

😎

👉👉

Take that, angsty teenager with a broken ruler.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Bubba has to rely on the Survivors messing up or catching them out in the open.

The angsty teenager with a ruler can actually do something without completely relying on the Survivors, even if it’s not very much.

• Condorloco_26

Yeah, s/he can play tag with 4 strangers over the web. Without them feeling uncomfortable at all. LOL

• TurboTestosterone
    TurboTestosterone Member Posts: 56

Said no one ever

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

LOL

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

I'm really not appreciating all the rudeness in this topic.. I got the game a week ago so I don't know a lot of the go-to strategies yet. All I know is I have been downed from this problem countless times even if i'm trying to loop. He just follows me around the corners and there's nothing I can do.

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

... o.o ... snrk...

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Jokesss

Btw anyone watch Hutts? R.I.P Lenny T.T

• Condorloco_26

If you've played the game for just a week, I think you'd get better answers if you asked for advice, instead of nerfs.

The first one I'd give you is ignore all the "LF is bad" memes and never underestimate a Bubba. He's a dangerous man, as you seem to know already. Don't be a victim of the Bubba Syndrome, where all survivors drop 80 pts in IQ when playing against him.

Try staying away from his sight, especially in open terrain. Don't visit his basement, ever. Never YOLO unhook someone. Don't bunch up with your teammates. Don't try to loop him around a tree, many Bubbas know how to turn tight loops swinging the chainsaw. Bubbas have to piggyback survivors to land chainsaw hits most of the time, so don't try to squeeze another loop when he's already smelling your rear, drop the pallet and move on.

And remember, the chainsaw still works through windows, just like lunges. Hope it helps.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

You said it yourself: You got the game 1 week ago. Therefore you know little to nothing about the game and its mechanics allowing ANY "somewhat" experienced killer to dominate you easily. Let me explain what a strong killer defines. Strong killer attributes:

- can find people easily

- can end chases quickly CONSISTENTLY

- can control generators efficiently

- can move from point A to point B in a few seconds allowing said killer to spontaneously check hooked survivors while patrolling generators or the gates IF the survivors manage to repair all 5 generators.

Leatherface has:

- no tracking

- no map pressure since he always moves at standard movement speed

- can't protect generators or gates due to the standard movement speed

The only thing he has going for him is his ability to instadown survivors that don't manage to vault windows or drop pallets in time. That's why he's considered weak by most of the community. If someone loops EFFICIENTLY most Leatherfaces will never use their chainsaw turning him into a killer with NO ABILITY.

Strong / top tier killers are:

- Nurse

- Spirit

- Hillbilly

- Hag

All of these killers can generate loads of map pressure, down survivors quickly even if they try to loop AND protect generators/gates. The complete package. See the difference?

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

Thank you thank you thank you!! I'd much rather read something like this than watch a 15 minute video with information I can't use.

Im strictly survivor (until i can get spirit, that is) and I really want to get better...

I just wish it wasn't so easy to rank since i'm rank 9/8 and I really don't feel like im good enough to be playing with people of the same rank as me.. I just play a lot.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

You're welcome. I'm always glad to help. The ranking system is kind of messed up. I totally agree there. Personally I got almost 3000 hours in the game and I spent most of these hours playing Leatherface so if there's even the slightest opportunity to use the chainsaw I WILL use it.

Wanna guess what rank I am since the latest rank reset? 7 - because I haven't been playing a lot lately so I'm sitting at purple ranks right now.

Therefore you could end up in my lobby which isn't exactly fair objectively. Match making should be based on game hours not ranks.

Anyways Spirit is a good choice. If you master her you'll dominate almost every game. She's a total beast to say the least.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

HAhHAHAHA... no.

Survivors who know how to play against him make his gameplay into M1 fests. He is a weak killer.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150
    edited August 2019

Don't be in open space and don't run into the basement. Don't bunch up with other and don't ever unhook when he pull out that chainsaw he can just double down both of y'all

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

I actually had a match with a LF where there were two gens left and i hid in the same spot every time against a bush that had a small inlet about 4m from the gen id work on between that point and the gen there was a fire barrel hed come around kick the gen run behind it the opposite direction from me to another gen then come back looking at me but the fire barrel blinded him to the point he couldn't see me, i eventually moved to another gen before getting downed and killed, turns out the Adam who was the only other survivor alive was camping the hatch instead of helping me increase the chances of both of us escaping.

• alecks
    alecks Member Posts: 8

More like buff him xD

• derperson
    derperson Member Posts: 130

I think most people that play him are the types that seek out the Dark Souls experience of dead by daylight. Which to me means the person playing him has probably worked really hard to get really good at the game, which has more to do with experience than it has to do with bubba.

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274

i got the game a week ago, so instead of asking for help and getting better, im just gonna yell NERF

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

Throw down a pallet, jump through a window, or just hug the walls as you turn. As a old LF main, his chainsaw is very easy to counter. Whatever you do, don't run in open areas in a straight line or he's gonna get you every time. If he's behind you, as soon as you hear the chainsaw Rev, just do a 180 and run the other way...

• jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124

I'm agreeing with OP.

In fact he should be stuck stationary when he decides to swing his chainsaw.

2 swings and can't move.