Why do I get zero points for killer rage quitting?

This is so goddamn unfair!! We all made it to the gate, then killer cries like a baby then rage quits! I "supposedly" earned 19k bloodpoints (which is still nothing... like.... can survivors please for the love of god get more points?) Then when I went back to the campfire... i got nothing from that. I know it doesn't always happen, however it happens way too often and it's getting frustrating to play a whole 5 minutes (or so) to get nothing...

Comments

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

If this is happening, then it's the return of a bug that was fixed.

It was fixed when survivors were given more points when a killer disconnects: they're now supposed to get 5k Survival. After that was introduced, survivors started complaining about a bug where if the killer used a certain method to DC, they would not get the points. They already knew about this bug though: they'd been using it on killers for ages and the devs did nothing. It was fixed within a few weeks of it affecting survivors though.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

on console if you close the app the survivors get zero points. They get points when the killer clicks "leave match" :(

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

I remember hearing quite a long time ago that if the killer alt+f4 the game then they don't depip and the survivors get 0 points.

• SirPiggy
    SirPiggy Member Posts: 52

I'm on ps4 and I'm guessing people are shutting the game down itself and not leaving through the game..... this is not ok. This has to be dealt with.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Because dedicated servers dont exist yet.

It's not to punish you when they give up.