DBD a lot better with chat disabled

Tenebro
Tenebro Member Posts: 89
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

The other day I disabled the chat for mistake. But since that day for quite a few games I felt inexplicably better. At first I thought "well, nobody is writing, they have grown, let's check stats etc etc" ... then I realized the chat was closed. I opened it and I found the usual boring salty messages. Then I closed it again ... and now I'm really having fun, no matter what happens in the match, I don't have to care or justify to anyone for the things I do in the game: I can be stupid, I can be generous, I can do mistakes, I can put builds I like to try, I can teabag at exit gates, I can win mercilessly, I can lose without hitting anyone, I can use Insidious, I can be whatever I want, at the end of the match I just check some stats e go straight for the next game. No more hassle dealing with that toxicity.

I know that for somebody the post game chat is part of the game, but is a part I thought I liked it (reading 2 words can't harm anybody, isn't it?) but at the end was only stressful and useful for building hate against the game and other people. Just try it, it's wonderful! 😎

Comments

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

It's like when I don't look at social media and/or try to avoid the news for a week, and I'm a much happier person for it!

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767
    edited August 2019

I'm glad you are enjoying DbD more now!!! Just play as you want and have fun!!

• dbd_noob
    dbd_noob Member Posts: 225

I am thinking about disabling it for a long time. I think I'll try it for the weekend.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

It's always good if someone find fun on something again.

Still, sometimes I questioning me, what you guys are doing to get ->always<- toxic endgame chats.

A few people are always toxic, no matter what happened in a match, but after my experience are the most people either silent, or friendly.

I was in the past a pre patch Legion main. If we go after some people in this forum, my endgame chats should usually be full of toxicity, but no... Had friendly guys mainly, or silent ones...

So... did you guys always facecamp, or what? :)

Can remember the 2 times where I have facecamp someone. The endgame chat after this 2 times was really... "special". Still it was hilarious for me at this situation^^.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

I'm sure the 5 seconds of chat that you CHOOSE to partake in at the end of a match is detrimental to how you play this game. *rolls eyes*

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Closed the chat, made commenting on my Steam profile friends-only and never accept friend/group invites following DbD games.. made my DbD experience so much better.

• Tenebro
    Tenebro Member Posts: 89

Mmm, no, nothing special. Sometimes, like you said, the chat is quiet or friendly, other times is toxic. Depends by a lot of factors that happen in the game and in the games before. Also depends by who is playing.

Sometimes you stay more than 5 seconds, other times a lot more, but even 5 seconds are enough to alter your mood. There are more and less sensible people out there. Thinking at myself, I don't give much importance to words, but sometime there are some edge cases that just ruin my evening ... anyway there are people I know that even if you write "izi game" one time, just for joke, they can get very angry (I think because they take things too seriously when they play).