Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What's the best plague setup?

I have haunted grounds, ruin, phobia and brutal

What's the best build for the plague?

Comments

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188
    edited August 2019

I don't have her yet. But I' will unlock her soon:)

Try bbq for aura reading. Also maybe make your choice too. And monitor and abuse

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    edited August 2019

You can never go wrong with Ruin + BBQ. Your other two perks are personal preference.

Enduring + Spirit Fury is solid, since Plague is an M1 killer if survivors don't cleanse.

PGTW is pretty good for any killer now. Could mix it with Thana for extra game slowing ability.

Also, I see a lot of Plagues use Monitor & Abuse, although I'd prefer something else.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited August 2019

Coulrophobia is wasted on Plague since survivors either refuse to cleanse, or they do cleanse to get instantly healed, and no one heals against her in the traditional way. Same goes for Nurses Calling, and Sloppy Butcher.

A much Better alternative is Monitor and Abuse because it allows you to get closer to unaware survivors which in turn lets you hit them easier with vile purge.

Brutal Strength is decent with her for pursuit purposes, but I find that Thanatophobia is practically a "must have" for her. It encourages survivors to cleanse at the fountains or they'll have to deal with 13 seconds added onto gen repair time (once everyone is broken), couple that with Ruin and/or Pop, and you slow the game down nicely.

As for add-on's which you didn't mention... My personal favorites for casual play are Incensed Ointment + Potent Tincture because they reduce the slowdown during your purges cooldown significantly, and one increases your movement speed while charging. this allows you to keep up with a survivor while puking on them so that you'll be close enough to give em a smack once they're broken. Apples and Black Incense are great for dealing with teams that refuse to cleanse (save these for the purple and red ranks, Trust me), and surprisingly, Iridescent Seal is highly underrated. The reason it's so is because of the massive drawbacks, but they can either be countered by pairing it with Devotee's Amulet, or Worship Tablet, or its effects can be enhanced by using Rubbing Oil which ensures a longer lasting stream for less time charging. If you use Iridescent Seal, remember its massive slowdown to your movement speed only takes effect after you charge to full and HOLD it, if you don't then that downside can be subverted on the fly. Of course the Severed Toe and the Emetic's are great for getting them infected faster which makes it easier for you to down them sooner, but if its a team of non-cleansers, those add-on's are wasted as soon as everyone gets fully sick. Still, with Plague, the faster you infect the team, the better the match goes for you because each chase lasts half as long as it would if they were all uninjured.

Remember, Plagues ability to infect and break survivors is akin to a game long NOED if they refuse to cleanse, only better! Not only are they all 1 shot away from being downed, they also are more visible and easier to hear, so really its actually worse than NOED for them if you can spot the "fart clouds" surrounding them and are wearing headphones to hear their coughing and puking noises. I actually love it when they don't cleanse... makes my job so much easier!

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

My build is Thana, Pop Goes The Weasel, BBQ, and Monitor. I don't run Ruin on her, because in the majority of my games, it's found in the first three minutes. Waste of a perk slot. I sometimes swap out Monitor for Bamboozle, just to stop chases, but it's hit and miss depending on the map.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Thana and an apple are most necessary on her because they force survivors to cleanse. After that it's more preference or meta picks (BBQ, Ruin, Pop, Whispers, SF/Enduring, etc.). But you really need Thana and an apple to force them to cleanse, because if they don't cleanse you are gonna get run over very easily.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Thanatophobia is a great perk as it forces the game to be slowed down. It synergises better with Plague than it did with Old Legion.

Survivors are more pressed to make the decision to cleanse themselves and put them and every other player in the game at risk to speed up the game a bit more.

A must-have for Plagues of all levels.

Besides that, you can run the typical M1 loadout (Enduring + Spirit Fury), or ignore that and hope you get to use the other half of your power to let you have more choices which are all yours.

• Rivyn

I should add, for addons, I absolutely love Vile Emetic and Black Incense. Since you really can't rely on corrupt purge in higher ranks, at least reliably, these two give you map awareness. The rate the infection spreads due to Emetic is lovely. Even if they do manage to cleanse, just takes a little hiccup to get the ball rolling again. In the environment of 'never cleanse,' Incense gives you all the info you need.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Hex:Ruin, Monitor and Abuse, Thanatophobia and Pop Goes the Weasel is a pretty optimal build for Plague. You can also change Monitor and Abuse and Ruin/Pop for Enduring and Spirit Fury and Ruin/Pop for Infectious Fright.

As for add-ons :

Black Incense is by far her strongest add-on.

Iridescent Seal is more hit or miss, but it can also force survivors to cleanse, because you will get your Corrupt Purge after every gen done.

Apples are very good, especially with Black Incense ( her best add-on combo I would say ).

Effectiveness, cooldown and charge time add-ons are also really good and worth using.

Infection time on objects, increased movement speed while holding Corrupt Purge and increased Corrupt Purge duration are her worst add-ons and are not worth using.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
  • Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400

mna bbq ruin pgtw

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Why monitor and abuse ? She s way to tall to not be spotted.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

I would hope not, but with 2 perks ending in Phobia, I just wanted to be sure they weren't using the one that's useless to her.

You'd be surprised how effective it is despite her towering figure. Almost all survivors pan their cameras around while working on gens, but there are plenty of LoS blockers that even she can take advantage of, and the majority of survivors will fix their camera in the direction the killer is most likely to approach them until they hear that Terror Radius. With M&A however, the TR only starts sounding off as if they are on the very edge of it when you get within 24m of them. Some survivors hear that they are on the edge and keep working on the gen for a little longer, while others will try to sneak away from the gen and find a nearby hiding spot until the coast is clear. If I had given those survivors the standard 32m of warning beforehand they'd most likely find a good hiding spot by the time I got there, but with the 24m TR... It's amazing how many times I've caught the sneaking ones focusing their attention on the gen and trying to hide while I'm coming up right next to or behind them.

• Rivyn

In wide open spaces, yes, it doesn't matter much. But there are lots of LOS breaks. Just walk with them between you and the gens, and watch the beauty of Monitor. Secondly, she's ranged. You don't need to get as close as other M1 killers. Just enough for the puke to land. Monitor grants you that extra space.