The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Play bad Killers?

RetroPancake
RetroPancake Member Posts: 14
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

I have played for a while but I haven't imporved too much I feel like. Stick mosly to Spirit and Billy. Play the occasional Wraith. Do you think playing worse killers makes you a better overall Killers?

Comments

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I don't think so.

Learning what survivors do is more important, and you'll learn that playing any killer.

I really should sticking to something you're comfortable with, most people won't be amazing at every killer, but everyone can be good at at least one/two killer.

You're probably doing way better than you think, don't look at 2/3Ks as losses, because they really aren't. But keep playing and you'll definitely get better.

an additional note is that Billy & Spirit is played a lot, survivors have a lot of practice against them at this point so it's harder to be "good" with them.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,286

I think unlocking each killer's perks and using perks that benifit each killer's power can give you a healthy variety of killers and playstyles to choose from so you dont get burned out. Going into EVERY build with ruin, bbq, spirit fury and enduring is just lazy.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307
    edited August 2019

Well, playing a killer that doesn't have a very strong ability like Leatherface or something will kinda force you to refine your good old M1 game. Running structures optimally and tightly, mindgames, knowing lunge ranges and what you can get away with - basic stuff that basically every killer except Nurse will need sometimes.

EDIT: And Nurse sometimes too for some of the things of course, but the actual "running after people" part not so much.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Obviously, you have to play the weak killers differently than Nurse or Spirit. You also have other limits. An average Nurse will do better than a good Leatherface.

Just play those killers that you enjoy.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

You can learn a lot of tricks playing lesser killers that'll greatly help you when you play better killers. Optimal pathing, mind-games, red stain manipulation..

But playing a Killer like Hillbilly and not using a chainsaw basically makes you a bad killer but with massive map pressure.. so there's no point in playing lesser killers.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Well maybe at general Killer skills like detecting and mindgames.

Power-wise, you'll eventually hit the hard cap of whatever Killer you're using.