Proof the entity is getting stronger (the devs words not mine)

Options
TrueKn1ghtmar3
TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

I asked a question in another thread that made me look for an answer and oh boy did i find more than i bargained for... The entity has gotten SUBSTANTIALLY stronger since the game was first released. my original question was "Is possible for the entity to pull someone from the future?" as i once heard that was impossible for it. Well i looked first at all the questions the devs have ever answered and struck gold, it can! But it went deeper WAY DEEPER.

How do you manage to fit Myers into the lore?

"In our world, that story was real. He ended up being useful to the entity."

Myers wasn't taken from the movie universe he was in the entity's original universe and instead of being a movie he was real and followed all the events of the movie to the most minute detail.

Is the DbD universe now connected to the one in Left 4 Dead?

"Yes. The Entity can now appear in their world, and go to any universe at any time period."

CAN NOW, they confirmed it couldn't before, but can now. It has grown considerably from the time of Myers to the time of L4D (which if anyone can confirm how long that time was) however this also has weight to my original question, it can now go to any UNIVERSE at any TIME period. Why would they include both these points? Because it could do either before it gained both the ability to visit any time and any place regardless of universe in such a short time. Imagine what actual tricks it can do now

Comments

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890
    Options

Makes sense, the Entity is an eldritch celestial god. It does what it wants and just needs a way to feed in an efficient way. It also obviously has a sick sense of humour and enjoys the hunt.

• Petraaahh
    Petraaahh Member Posts: 208
    Options

I hate to be mean but I think your looking waaaaaay to deep in to it the lore of the game and the entity there after is just what ever the devs make up on the day tbh. They seem to just make it so it makes sense for the new killers to fit into the game especially licensed killers.

• TheRealHansGruber
    TheRealHansGruber Member Posts: 204
    edited August 2019
    Options

Nah, they have a full time lore writing team now. It goes WAY deep

EDIT: It's possible to translate the writing on one of the huntress's axe skins, and the Marked Bolo machete for the trapper also has an actual language they made, that can be deciphered.

• sirnewbington
    sirnewbington Member Posts: 78
    Options

sorry to be the pessimist here, but the devs were probably like "yea sure, lets go with that." not to say the devs dont care about building lore, its a large part of the community, but yeah.. i dont buy into it.

• w_sohl
    w_sohl Member Posts: 124
    Options

Devs give outlines, players fill in the gaps and actually create the lore.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Options

Yea im actually waiting on the devs to confirm the entity is an sentient auric cell lol

• w_sohl
    w_sohl Member Posts: 124
    Options

Where can I find the lore on say the Trapper? I'd love to read some of this stuff.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

That kinda scares me to think about, imagine it reaching into a reverse world of itself

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Options

Well it might be possible, maybe this light entity has survivors with powers but the devs don't want to look into multiple entity lore

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

In the end this doesn't really matter as the fruits of its labor cannot be realized in this game. The only way to really show how powerful The Entity can get is to get a sequel to Dead By Daylight. It could be a game or a book.

Possibility 1---an open world RPG game showing how much damage the Entity has caused breaching into our universe and staying there. The Killers from the 1st game could be bosses.

2---Same type of game but instead of taking place in The Entity's realm it takes place on earth. The environments are battle damaged and alive, sirens, blinking lights, flaming cars, and distant screams etc. Different characters and locations of people trying to survive while they are cornered off in an isolated section with one of The Entity's minions looking for them.

3---A classic linear shooter with the goal of sending the Entity back to its realm, a survival horror claustrophobic game kind of like Evil Within.

Unless we get a sequel of some kind it doesn't matter how powerful they say in the lore The Entity has become. The Entity are the Devs and their power/influence grows as their fanbase and licensed characters increase. The fruits of their labor may or may not be shown to us in a fun and fictional form, I'm betting that if they do not make a sequel we will either get a long page to read about how powerful the Entity got detailing it's power or we will get nothing.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Options

With the Netflix partnership Id like to see a series

• MLG007
    MLG007 Member Posts: 9
    Options

I think more evidence to back up the claim that Entity is growing stronger lore wise is to look into how the Entity put Trapper and Leatherface into submission.

With Trapper, it's confirmed that Trapper was the killer who resisted the Entity the most out of everybody in explanation to all the hooks and slashes all over his right arm and his body.

With this information in mind, look at how the Entity got Leatherface to submit:

The Entity instead of torturing Leatherface, instead it mislead him into believing the Entity was his Leatherface's family and if he didn't do what it wanted his family would be disappointed in him.

You could also argue the same sort of mind tactic was used on Spirit in a much different however.

With all of this in mind, why didn't the Entity simply trick Trapper into thinking the Entity was his father and if he didn't do what it wanted his family's fortune would be at risk or something around those lines?