We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

The Mimic [Killer Idea] [IMAGE]

Options
flamestandish
flamestandish Member Posts: 130

The Mimic

I know this has always been suggested, a killer that can look like another survivor. This idea is one that I had myself, and I understand that I am not the first to think of it. However, I think the perks that I am putting forward here are pretty good and would fit the game well. I'm not an artist and by nomeans a graphic designer. I created the perk and power icons myself in Fireworks (old photo editting software). For my level of editting, I think it's quite good :).

I am open to constructive criticism so please do let me know what you think!.

The perks are:

Despawn ~ This allows the killer to see the game from 3rd person view (survivor view) for a limited time. I've said it is activated by chase only. If you think thats a good idea please let me know.

Greed & Misfortune (Hex) ~ Cleansing this totem will remove or degrade your current perks for the duration of the game. This means survivors will have to think twice before cleansing a fire totem. It could remove ruin, lullaby or noed. OR it could remove your own perks. A kind of, taste of their own medicine.

Mirroed Edge ~ Skillchecks will be reversed depending on the level of the perk. I think level 1 will make only repair skillchecks reversed, level 2 will make all skillchecks reversed, and level 3 will be a 50/50 chance of a reversed skillcheck. What do you think of that?, Level 3 will keep survivors on their feet, and make them have to watch the skillcheck area incase a reverse one appears.

Picture this. You are happily completing a generator on your own, no heartbeat around and no sign of the killer whatsoever. Oh look another survivor has come to join you and help you complete the generator. A couple of skillchecks later you spin your camera around to search for the killer... strange, no sign of the killer. You turn the camera once more and !!OUT OF NOWHERE! The survivor who was helping you has transformed into a gruelling beast !!Heatbeat sound is intense!! You panic and begin to run.... but it is too late, The Mimic has already attacked and wounded you. Don’t trust what you see in the fog, It could be another survivor!!!.. - Flamestandish

Originally posted by me on the Steam Artwork Section. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1330156079

Comments

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    Options
         I really like those perks (especially Mirrored Edge) and the pictures you have for them. This idea would really excel for immersed players who just want to have a good time.
         But the only problem with a Killer-turned-survivor is SWF groups and those on teamspeak. Maybe we should have a Killer that can shapeshift into objects like cabinets or rocks? That way even hardcore players may miss a simple object that they’ve seen millions of times. Like Chameleon in Dark Souls
  • flamestandish
    Options

@TheTimeMachine said:
         I really like those perks (especially Mirrored Edge) and the pictures you have for them. This idea would really excel for immersed players who just want to have a good time.
         But the only problem with a Killer-turned-survivor is SWF groups and those on teamspeak. Maybe we should have a Killer that can shapeshift into objects like cabinets or rocks? That way even hardcore players may miss a simple object that they’ve seen millions of times. Like Chameleon in Dark Souls

The problem of turning into a non moving object is that it is no fun for a killer to just sit there for minutes upon minutes in the hope that a survivor will cross their path for them to then jump out at them and attack.

Having a killer who can change into a survivor seems more legit. Yes, Swf could be an issue, but i am pretty certain even the best communicators would have issues when running into another survivor inwhich they thought was their friend.

Also, the amount of other possible killers that there are to choose from, a normal situation would be that another survivor would come and help you with a generator if they heard it running. The PERFECT opportunity for The Mimic to attack. Nobody would expect a thing.

Solo, Duo players would be effected most. And the scare element is restored :)

• TheTimeMachine
    Options

The problem of turning into a non moving object is that it is no fun for a killer to just sit there for minutes upon minutes in the hope that a survivor will cross their path for them to then jump out at them and attack.

Woah woah. I for one LOVE using Insidious to wait by a generator or even by corners to make at least ONE survivor mess their trousers!
         But perhaps you’re right, in the quick confusion of things, even communicative survivors may “doubt” or wonder, “wait, just who are you...?” 

I’m already imagining a scene in my head...
  • TheTimeMachine
    Options

“Where’s the Killer, does anyone see him??”
    ”HE’S WORKING THE GENERATOR!”
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

I actually had this idea last week as a possible killer but the same issues that've been mentioned pop up with it.

• flamestandish
    Options

@powerbats said:
    I actually had this idea last week as a possible killer but the same issues that've been mentioned pop up with it.

It’s actually been mentioned a lot of times. Not as ‘the mimic’ but as the idea of a killer that looks like a survivor.

Hey, it’s also been joked that ‘Nea’ is really a killer. With this DLC, she actually could be! Hahaha!

• flamestandish
    Options

@TheTimeMachine said:
    flamestandish said:

Woah woah. I for one LOVE using Insidious to wait by a generator or even by corners to make at least ONE survivor mess their trousers!
         But perhaps you’re right, in the quick confusion of things, even communicative survivors may “doubt” or wonder, “wait, just who are you...?” 

I’m already imagining a scene in my head...

Insidious can be used in a few different ways, a lot of people just use it to camp a hooked survivor from a few feet away or just behind a wall when they have hooked someone. An experienced player will use insidious within a chase to make the survivor think that they have left them alone. I would not recommend you just stay in 1 place the whole match and wait for someone to walk by you. Once they know you are using insidious they will be wary of your existence and keep an eye out for you. Especially if you’ve hooked someone.

• flamestandish
    Options

Can I have more feedback on this killer, power and perks.

Many thanks!

• MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Love it. Despawn is a bit of a stretch for me, but very unique all around. I support this.

What do you picture weapon wise? Is she about the size of a survivor?
  • flamestandish
    Options

@MinusTheBillie said:
    Love it. Despawn is a bit of a stretch for me, but very unique all around. I support this.

What do you picture weapon wise? Is she about the size of a survivor?

Hmm. I am not sure, Maybe some sort of Sickle. Or a short handled scythe so it can be concealed in the gown/cape.

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259
    Options

I think he is a bit overpowered, but still, pretty cool.

• flamestandish
    Options

@swenpai said:

The mimic definitely calls for change in how you play against it.
    A stealthy player who just does generators would be a prime target, whilst a person who loops killers around would have to think twice or sometimes even 3 times before trusting another survivor.

I agree that The mimic does does a bit too over powered, giving that she would have no heartbeat in survivor form and I haven’t really explained how she can surprise attack. I guess this is unknown at this point. But I would like to mention that this suprise attack would have to have some sort of draw backer Atleast perform time or cooldown. It does need to be scary when it happens though. Keeps survivors on their toes!

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259
    Options

@flamestandish said:

@swenpai said:

The mimic definitely calls for change in how you play against it.
    A stealthy player who just does generators would be a prime target, whilst a person who loops killers around would have to think twice or sometimes even 3 times before trusting another survivor.

I agree that The mimic does does a bit too over powered, giving that she would have no heartbeat in survivor form and I haven’t really explained how she can surprise attack. I guess this is unknown at this point. But I would like to mention that this suprise attack would have to have some sort of draw backer Atleast perform time or cooldown. It does need to be scary when it happens though. Keeps survivors on their toes!

Yeah, after all this killer is cool and the perks are unique and pretty neat. :chuffed: