All I see is endless moaning here.

Options

People constantly undermine the devs decisions and are constantly moaning about all aspects of the game. The game has flaws, as do all games, but I for one thoroughly enjoy playing it. I think the Devs deserve so much credit for actually listening to the constant crying and implementing what people ask for all the time.

I think it's amazing that they stay on track and bring out updates to the game so often which is unseen in most games. Not only that but they work to secure licenses that are expanding the game massively. All of this and I still see people moaning about M1 simulator. The only thing that makes this game bad are people who play toxic and exploit it. If people really think it's that bad why do they play it? Because it's not that bad. I play killer and survivor equally and enjoy both. I play fairly and try different builds to mix it up and have fun.

I really think that the next time someone decides to moan about something they should really consider about the thought and work that went into it and perhaps give praise before dunking on someone's hard work.

Comments

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited August 2019
    Options

At the end of the day, we're all here because we enjoy and care about this game enough to talk about it in such exhaustive detail. I have some significant issues with Dead by Daylight, from the oppressive and extremely predatory perk grind, down to a ton of thousand-cuts nitpicks over its suboptimal UX. But I still enjoy DBD, and I play it every day. I complain because I care, and I (mostly) try to do it constructively.

Also, this is another great opportunity to point out that no one here represents DBD's broader player base. The very fact that we have gone out of our way to sign up for a forum to talk about this one specific game makes us aberrant, and opinions here are naturally going to tend toward the extremes. Those of us who make up the forum and Discord community are not "normal" players. Always bear that in mind!

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

It's just part of human nature.

That which is unpleasant, painful, or undesirable is generally brought to and kept at the forefront of our mind.

People complain and will continue to complain because they remember moments to complain about more than they remember moments to give praise about.

There are positive threads and posts on these forums, but the negative ones are easier to talk on and thus more attractive.

I'd like to think the devs understand we're here because their game has made a huge impact on us. After all, nobody complains about something they don't feel strongly about.

That said, we could all definitely be nicer around here. Complaining =/= whining or being rude. It's possible to bring up something we don't like without insulting anyone.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

Some of us are here to moan about the moaners, case in point.

Toxic/exploiting players do suck, but engagement with a fanbase will always mean you see the loud, usually awful minority first. It's why most fandoms get a bad rap from outgroups: they only get a superficial look at things, and in the case of DbD the outer layers are finely grated salt.