Does the Swamp need the Badham treatment?

Options
screamdreamsx
screamdreamsx Member Posts: 213
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

So, I’ve recently been seeing LOTS of interesting generator spawns on the swamp maps (mostly Grim Pantry). These include generators spawning against the wall, sometimes in such a way they’re against two walls, including the wall of the exit gate, 1 generator spawning outside each door of the killer shack (so 2 very very close proximity), and more recently, I’ve seen this twice:

Two generators on the decking. Really? Really? To me, these are far too close together. There’s really no need for two up there, it’s like having two generators upstairs in one house in Haddonfield, which you’d definitely never see.

Maybe the swamp maps need the Badham treatment? Some new variations to help fix these strange generator spawns?

EDIT: Do ALL/MORE maps need the Badham treatment, and need a lot of spawns reworked?

Post edited by screamdreamsx on

Comments

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

There are a lot of maps where gens can spawn pretty close to each other. It's the survivors' job to pay attention and not leave these gens for the endgame.

• screamdreamsx
    Options

There’s pretty close and then there’s two spawning on a single raised platform

• NoShinyPony
    Options

You have gens spawning that close to each other on other maps, too. As I wrote above: Pay attention, don't do gens blindly, then you won't have a problem in the endgame.

• screamdreamsx
    Options

It’s less the proximity and more the placement. 2 generators on a raised platform above a solid loop seems somewhat ridiculous.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    edited August 2019
    Options

Almost every map need the badham treatment. Haddonfield and crotus should be the first though.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

I might be in the minority here, but i hate the new badham maps, mainly because of these worhtless, uninspired pallet spawns that are unfun to play (as killer and as survivor). Dont want the Badham Treatment at all.

About the topic. There should not be 2 Gens in the same building. Fix that please ;)

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I've thought about this a bit recently; would it be a stretch to say that the biggest problem with DBD at the moment is the map design?

• screamdreamsx
    Options

I don’t think that’s too much of a stretch, I have to agree.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

So you are not complaining from a survivor's perspective that the gens spawn too close, you complain from a killer's perspective that a solid loop is close by?

• screamdreamsx
    Options

No. I’m not trying to complain biased from either perspective. However, I’m saying that both parties can both benefit greatly, and also be at a great disadvantage, because of this spawn, depending on the timing of the game.

There really is no need to have two generators on this raised deck.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@screamdreamsx The advantage/disadvantage doesn't depend on the timing of the game. It depends on whether the survivors are aware which gens they have to do so that they don't end up with a 3-gen-situation. It's like that on a lot of other maps as well.

• screamdreamsx
    Options

@NoShinyPony sometimes you don’t have as much control over it as you like. Some survivors might not even notice these generators here until too far into the game, if they’ve been occupied with chases, rescues etc.

Anyways 3-genning yourself or not, that’s not the point of this discussion - these generators shouldn’t spawn up here together.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    edited August 2019
    Options

I'd say the farm maps need the badham treatment first especially rotting fields since it's so bad

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

That's easier said than done. For a survivors it takes time to figure out dangerous gen positions on the map, while the killer has an advantage in figuring out a space to protect. Besides that it's not that unlikely, that there are sometimes more than a three gen positions. Especially on old Badham or the new Pale Rose I ran/run quite often to places when there are four or five generators spawned in a constellation, which are hard to break apart in a "healthy" way. Especially, when a Killer sees and knows these gens as well.

Even on one of the new Badham maps had to deal with a Nurse player recently, with PGTW and a three gen strategy around the shack. One gen and the basement was in there. For solo survivors it was basicly a gg, when she had one in that basement.

I agree that it's part of a survivor's job to prevent a three-gen and too close constellations, but on some maps and map constellations gen placement makes it almost impossible, if you aren't four well coordinated god-survivor's.

• screamdreamsx
    Options

@Freudentrauma ^ agreed

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
    Options

All maps need the badham treatment technically, but i disagree on the priority of the swamp maps. honestly that gen spawn can be pretty rough, but so long as you don't leave it till endgame it is alright.

however that being said i feel one should atleast spawn under the deck rather then ontop. that way theres atleast a line of sight blocker. Could be done as a simple map adjustment rather then a full rework.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@screamdreamsx @Freudentrauma It's not that hard to be aware of the gens' locations on a map. But if players feel that's it's too difficult (maybe since they are new to the game), they can run Déja Vu.

Tactical aspects are part of the game. It's part of the survivors' job to do gens in the right order, avoid getting hooked in the basement, not go down near a gen that's almost finished etc.

In my thousands hours of playtime, I had one single match where the spawn was so unlucky for us survivors that we were not able to win against the killer's 3-gen-strategy, even though we noticed from the start of the match that the killer was defending these 3 gens. And if it had been any other killer than a Doc, we probably could have gotten one of these gens repaired.

Super-extreme spawns like that shouldn't exist, but let's be realistic - in 99% of the matches it's the survivors' fault for not paying attention.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

We sincerely do not need five variations of the swamp.