We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Starting a Dead by Daylight Text Roleplay

Options
ceridwen309
ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
edited August 2018 in Creations

After getting the idea from NightmareEyes, I decided to go ahead and present some of my ideas for a DBD Rp. Please select which rp suggestion you have an interest in joining and any tweaks or ideas you may have to improve them.

Suggestion 1
-Chapter Styled Games.

(Each chapter would focus on a specific area of the "world" and the killer that happens to be terrorizing it.

Rp would take place at a point before the killer became who they are at present day, and move forward till the "Reaping", or entity takes them. Then the next chapter would begin till players feel the need to move the overall story to the Trial section.

Suggestion 2
-Only from the survivor's perspective. This rp would take place during the trials only.

Suggestion 3
-The "entity" and the "presence" have both built a mass deception.

They took simulacrums of all the character's central areas and combined them into a smaller realm they semi co-control. The realm is a test for the freedom or continued enslavement of the subjects within.

All killers and survivors are welcome in this Rp at the same time, being the realm is a mash of all the places and is bigger than the previous entity realm.

This rp takes place chronologically after the trials and after the survivors become aware of the existence of the Presence.(Presence is for lack of a better term, the sister of the entity and his opposite. Of equal strength to her brother which is why she can't simply wrest the prisoners from his grasp. They both agreed to this final "Test" in which the subjects would have a chance to free themselves.)

**Edit: Suggestion 3 was chosen by majority vote, and the character creation thread for it is here ** https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/11600/dead-by-daylight-text-roleplay-character-creation

If the first roleplay becomes even moderately successful, I will create more roleplays in the future. (I had a few posters say they wouldn't mind a suggestion 2, but with killers added in some way.) I will look into this.

Post edited by ceridwen309 on

Comments

• DirtyNurseMain
    DirtyNurseMain Member Posts: 70
    Options
    Dbd role play in the bedroom? I’ll be doc you be nurse. Or we can get kinky and you can be the huntress?!? No? Ok!
  • ceridwen309
    Options

@DirtyNurseMain said:
    Dbd role play in the bedroom? I’ll be doc you be nurse. Or we can get kinky and you can be the huntress?!? No? Ok!

Lol, naughty nursie.
    I was thinking more along the lines of a text based roleplay.

(For those who are not in the know, Text based roleplays are stories crafted between two or more participants. Participants control personal/player characters(pc) as well as a finite amount of Non-player characters.(npc) as needed.

(Text roleplays can include mature scenes, depending on the rules of the roleplay and venue they are hosted at.)

Being the rp would be hosted on this forum...Sexually mature content would have to be kept to none. (unless their was a way to age restrict specific forums...or something.)

The question before we start such a game/story....Which, if any, of the story suggestions above, do people want to engage in?

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    Options
         I like suggestion 1 because it seems focused on one area at a time.
         But I also like suggestion 3 with the idea of a “sister” to the Entity. It reminds me of Jacob, from Lost. (If anyone knows who I’m referring to) Jacob was the “good” brother of the Man in Black (“bad” bro).
  • ceridwen309
    Options

Yeah, suggestion 1 will be something like [example]:

(Not sure of the chronology just yet) The Town of weeks, and it's residents before the incident at the Macmillan estate unfolds. Players will decide who gets to be Evan ahead of time, and choose/create survivors that would have a reason to be there.

Players then play out their stories surrounding the current setting until they deem it's a good time to close the chapter and move on to the next one.

Suggestion 3 [example]:

Players awaken in their "homes"/place they felt the strongest connection too before all of the entity events occurred. Players then try to solve the mystery, deal with the realization they are all still trapped, deal with the entity/presence's "test", and attempt to get free.

This is not to say how much character interaction between survivor/killer, sub-plots, and what other players may think up as the story develops....that may occur.

• ceridwen309
    Options
    Attempting to Garner more interest. Any more takers?

Any ideas or suggestions for improvement?
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
     Sounds good to me, I'll be freddy! Where those t-bagging survivors at!!!
  • Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

Would be fun to try. Probably gonna join as Jake Park, I guess.

• Rattman
    Options

Well, actually no. According to lore there are many survivors and killers. We should create something original - it would be interesting. As for RP it would be as trial mode.

• ceridwen309
    Options
    @PhantomMask20763

Which suggestion from the three above interests you the most?

___

@Rattman

Which suggestion do you think would most work?

From your second post, it sound like you are leaning towards suggestion 2 with killers as roleplayers....and maybe  suggestion 3 for the originality.

___

In any rp i work with, I try to encourage roleplayers to create original characters.

I'm glad more people are interested than I first thought.

Once I know which suggestion of rp people are interested in, we can tweak it if need be.

I'll start working up some of the base paperwork, since I have a feeling this is going to happen.
  • Rattman
    Options

@ceridwen309, probably something like 2-d one, but with killers too. As usual, survivors have to escape, killers have to sacrifice otr kill them. Not really sure how it would work tho. Like, how do we prevent situations like:
    Survivor player: I repaired all 5 generators and succesfully escaped.
    Or killer player: I found -survivor player name- I brutally killed him without him even notice this.
    This, most likely, requires a game-master and some other DnD features. Maybe even perks which works with random. So, how I see this. Survivor starts with 3 perks, related to categories:
    1) Survivor-survivor interaction.
    2) Survivor-killer interaction.
    3) Survivor- generator interaction.
    Survivors have to choose their perks wisely. Their perks could be related to any category from above, like, all 3 could be survivor-survivor.
    There also debuff. Something like 4-th category. This could be related to any category above.
    All survivors have 100 points. Points are percentages for perks. There also should be some upper limit for these to work. Debuff always consumes 50 points (percentages).
    For example:
    I as survivor:
    1) Survivor-survivor interaction:
    Debuff: Naive enough.
    I can be convinced to do some reckless stuff to help other survivor. For example, distract killer in chase. This works with 50%.
    2) Survivor-killer interaction:
    Perk: I jooked ya, boi.
    Iam heavily relying on ability to fool killer during in a chase to lose me. For example, lose visual contact and then slam locker's door to distract killer. This works with 34%
    3) Survivor-generator interaction:
    Perk Technician:
    While Iam repairing gen, there is a chance that bypassing killer won't hear any noices and walk away without checking a gen and finding me. This works with 33%.
    4) Survivor-killer interaction:
    Perk: Iam not here
    While not found I have ability to remain unfound. Stealth and all stuff. This works with 33%.
    When Iam saying about percantages, I assuming game-master to use random number generator in order to retrive a number from 1-100 and say if I was succesfull or not.

Note that all stuff above is just a random uncomplete thoughts and I never actually played DnD or RP.
    If its gonna be like DnD we have to think deeply about rules and balance, conditions for victory to either side and other stuff.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    @PhantomMask20763

___

@Rattman

From your second post, it sound like you are leaning towards suggestion 2 with killers as roleplayers....and maybe  suggestion 3 for the originality.

___

In any rp i work with, I try to encourage roleplayers to create original characters.

Once I know which suggestion of rp people are interested in, we can tweak it if need be.

I'll start working up some of the base paperwork, since I have a feeling this is going to happen.

@PhantomMask20763

___

@Rattman

___

@PhantomMask20763

___

@Rattman

___

I like the third one its seems really original and like something we haven't seen before so it would be cool to see how it plays out in rp
  • ceridwen309
    Options

@Rattman
    Rules will be put into place to help keep posters from building and playing like "Mary Sues." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue

Characters shouldn't be perfect, and instantly effective at whatever they attempt. Even if your character came from a realm of chaos and magick(example only...)....you would still write in rules and structure for the character's abilities and interactions with the world around them..

Don't worry, I'm quite experienced at tabletop gaming, and text roleplaying. Stats shouldn't be needed. Think of this more like building a story with multiple people. It's less a game, and more a written work of art.(although, we should aim to have fun as well.)

I believe the third suggestion is what we will start with as a base to build the story on. (We can flash back periodically to the trials of the entity if it becomes story relevant.)

I have a bit more rules and data to type up...and then we can start building characters.

Since we are just starting and this is a fairly new territory, players should strive to create and control one main character. (If things progress well, and everyone is cool with more to juggle, we will up it to two.)

(Npc's will be a case by case basis right now.)

• Rattman
    Options

I don't really like 3-d concept, to be honest. This Presence thing is waaay too far from canon. Like, all this time Entity dominated at this realm, but suddenly appeared something with equal strength, and then they decided to make agreement and do some tests... Nah.

And also, if I understand you correctly, we all here gonna control one character and decide what to do next with voting?

@ceridwen309 said:
    Since we are just starting and this is a fairly new territory, players should strive to create and control one main character. (If things progress well, and everyone is cool with more to juggle, we will up it to two.)

• ceridwen309
    Options
    I can understand your hesitancy in wanting to part from Canon.

The 3rd suggestion was an odd idea I got when one of the devs let slip the possibility of a female being working in the shadows. (They could of meant Vigo...but I personally feel it was something bigger.) I believe it was in answer to a question. The dev replied something like. "Oh, she...um, next question."

I suppose I could open more than one roleplay story....one during the trials and one in the test scenario. (I was worried about doing too much at once though).

Trust me, controlling just one character can be alot to work with at first...especially if it's not fleshed fully out. Two characters per person, in two separate group settings with also necessary npc interactions....could get crazy.

I do want everyone to have a say...being this is essentially a collaborative project.
  • Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Is it ok if we can use our own Characters?
  • ceridwen309
    Options
    @Detective_Jonathan
    Of course you can.

I'll just post a new thread with a guideline to help flesh your characters more...and you can post them there. (Might be tommorow though.)