Edit: This game should be reevaluated.

Options
SuperSaiyan4GT
SuperSaiyan4GT Member Posts: 144
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

It seems like the killers are too fast and too overpowered. Really if they reduce the speed of the killer to be as fast if not just slightly faster it could change the gameplay or maybe speed the survivors up. For moderate players it should be relatively easy to escape chase using pallets and looping/juking methods. If a killer swings at you and misses even with the cooldown it should be hard for them to catch up. Thickening the fog or shortening the killers vision would help also.

Post edited by SuperSaiyan4GT on

Comments

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options

Who would disagree?

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    Options

Learn to loop instead of "they always knows where in am!!111!"

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

1) They aren't twice as fast as you

2) You could always hide???

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

This'll be closed quickly at this rate.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    edited August 2019
    Options

So I’ve decided to keep track of my DBD games for 100 solo games (at r1), and have been keeping a spreadsheet.

Here is a link if you want to check out how my games have gone : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fmwuhlmag8s32myoqtKQvCxneF5WNWhRvE4bz6pWfRQ/edit?usp=sharing

Escaped 8/15 games. Each game averaged about 19 minutes long. A lot of other stats I am keeping track of too. Solo can feel like a chore, but on paper those games didn’t look too terrible.

Oh I should note, this is my perk set for the games which won’t change :

Spine Chill, Iron Will, Adrenaline, and Small Game.

All games are played while I am R1/R2. I didn’t dc from any match.

Post edited by altruistic on
  • SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options

These comments show me exactly the kinds of people that play this game....

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

People who try to improve before claiming the game is bad?

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options

Toxic people. People who would rather criticize than maybe help someone by making a few suggestions or presenting a valid argument on their point of views

• Locker_Monster
    Locker_Monster Member Posts: 496
    Options

People who don't come onto one game's forum to talk about a different game?

People who roll their eyes at the 'I'm leaving' threads?

People who don't care if you leave & have no reason to 'change your mind' like you're some big hotshot we should care about?

🤔🤔🤔🤔

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

I took 9 months off, but I got Back to R1 Survivor after a week of playing.

You haven’t really asked for any suggestions.. What exactly are you looking for?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Perhaps if both the OP and others could present their thoughts in a little more detail than what has been presented for the most part, we could have a more productive discussion rather than...whatever this is.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options
    1. I didn't come on here to talk about a different game. I mentioned a different game then stated my argument towards someone's opinion
    2. This wasn't an "I'm leaving" thread. This thread was to state my opinion about the game's structure and to create a discussion on what changes should be made. Maybe I went about it the wrong way
    3. I simply said "change my mind" for someone to tell me how killers are not overpowered and the game works perfectly fine.
  • Locker_Monster
    Options

You did not word anything as if you wanted opposing viewpoints.

You claimed you were leaving. Claimed you were going back to Destiny 2. And challenged us to 'change your mind'.

Usually, when people say 'Change my mind' they mean 'I just want people to do treat me special. I'm not going to listen to what they say', mate.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options

No usually when people asked for others to change their minds it typically means they are open to a discussion where one would simply rationalize their opposing views.

If that is your thought when people are looking for their minds to be changed then you must find a different audience

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,532
    Options

Either keep the thread on topic and discuss things civilly or I will lock this thread.

Thank you.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options

Wow an actual positive post in here.

I don't think it should be easy for anyone really but it definitely needs to be more balanced. I have logged in quite of bit of hours and most of the time, unless you are with a really good squad, escape is almost impossible. The killers run too fast. I think they should run at equal speed or slightly faster so an escape is easier. I think their perks need to be looked at too.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options

Go ahead and just lock it. The community jumped in here with their negativity anyways. Unless we get some intelligent discussions in here it's basically a dead end

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

I don't mind the killer speed but the problem is it's very hard to hide from the killer and lose them in today's game.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options

Very much agreed. Hiding in lockers is pointless and killers have perks now that shows where everyone is on the map

• Locker_Monster
    Options

You make it sound like the Killer knows where you are 100% of the time. They are all time-based. Just assume the Killer can see you for 5 seconds if they hook someone, or a Gen pops near you & act accordingly.

The aura view will go away in a few seconds and you can then juke elsewhere without being seen.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

19?!

That's more than double what the devs want!

No wonder they don't address primary Survivor objectives. 😆

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options

It's what it seems like and with the right perks I'm sure they could. I have had killers make mad dashes to my locations and I would be on the other side of the map or they wouldnt see me

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

Yes; it's nigh impossible to lose a killer once he/she/it 's on your trail, which should not be the case.

Games currently often feel like a war of attrition, where each side is trying to make it impossible for the other side to win, which forces the developers to tighten up all the give they have put into the game for differing playstyles (like stealth). This makes these other playstyles ineffective or (on the other hand) annoying for other players to play against. "Tunneling" has become more rewarding as the game has developed as catch up mechanics for killers who chose to do so were implemented, and it has become more frustrating for survivors who can see how big the gap is between a game where you were tunneled and a game where you weren't.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

It started with looping and camping being so easy to do.

They started to release aura perks so killers didn't have to spend so much time hunting and reducing pallets and how perks work so as to reduce chase times.

The problem it creates is it becomes harder for some players to lose the killer. Personally I don't have much of an issue and it's why I run iron will. It's my one goto constant perk as killers don't expect it as much so you can juke more.

Your best bet is to not worry about escaping and just play for bloodpoints atm and use the time to learn the tiles and killer lunge distance as these can make or break a loop. Depending how you wish to play setup perks for either running/looping or evading as both are viable but only in the right hands.

Practice makes perfect or good enough to be better than the others you are matched with. Remember the old saying. You don't have to outrun the lion just the other prey 😉.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options

I changed the thread to be more of a discussion than making it sound like I am just complaining.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options

One thing I like to add is that when you are being chased and you run around let's say a stack of tires, the killer can dash quickly around the object striking you. That should not happen at all

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

*eats popcorn*

Now this is epic.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

Just practice more, speed is not one if the killers problems, in fact, most of the 115% m/s killers are some of the weaker ones. The more powerful ones are the ones who can actually do something in a chase (Nurse, Spirit, Hag) and they all move at a slower speed. Learn the tiles and looping methods, learn to counter their perks, some really arent hard to counter. It's not supposed to be super easy to escape a chase but it's still quite possible. You have perks on your side to help you in different ways, choose the ones you want and that fit your playstyle most. Good luck

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options
  • Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    edited August 2019
    Options

That is called lunging, increasing their ms for a short duration.

And what you're saying is running around a stack of tires should make you immune.

As for the thread itself: Some killers, yes can feel OP or are OP. But i think overhauling the game that much would be way too much. But i would not mind buffs to stealthy perks.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited August 2019
    Options

someone just started the game and doesnt know how to keep track of the killer or loop. that is what im getting from this. if a survivor is good the only loops were this happens at are the ones that can provide cover for the killer to mind game. any loop that has low coverage like the ones on autowreakers are 90% safe if you know when to drop the pallet and how to loop. hell there are even more stronger loops than this like god pallets where you cant mindgame at all and are forced to destroy it.

edit: Also this game is balanced around the killer being strong enough to be at least on the same level as four other survivors so of course your gunna get downed even if your good because your not ment to be able to run the killer around all game. You can if your way better than the killer but thats on skill not balance.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,585
    Options

Someone literally offered you a spreadsheet! Do you know how extra that is?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,585
    Options

You are stopping any discussion by calling people who disagree "negative" or "toxic"

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

That's like 6/5 extra. So extra that it's extra extra.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Also. Killers right now are only slightly faster than Survivor.

For every second of a chase the Killer will gain only 0.6 meters for most Killers. And you know the Killer is coming at 32 meters away. So in theory if you run away at the terror radius the chase will take 41 seconds taking into account bloodlust before you are injured and then a remaining 13 seconds before you are downed. And that's if you run in a straight line with no attempts at juking, no pallets, no windows.

For every pallet they are forced to break (assuming they aren't stunned) you gain 17 seconds.

For every window you fast vault that they vault you gain 6 seconds.

Because of how hitboxes work they also go around loops slightly slower than if they went after you in a straight line but I can't calculate the timesave there.

By the way a stun is 13 seconds of distance on top of the 17 seconds for breaking the pallet.

So assuming you start running half way into their terror radius (16 meters away) you have 26 seconds to find a pallet or a window and get to it. 26 seconds is longer than you would think. Try counting out 26 seconds right now and take note of how long it feels. And once you get to the pallet you can gain up to a 30 second lead on the Killer in order to find the next pallet to drop.

Then compare all of this to the 80 seconds it takes to do a generator and realize that there are 3 people doing generators at once while the Killer is chasing you.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited August 2019
    Options

######### am I reading

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

To help bring this thread back on topic for everyone, what do think about OP's suggestions Mandy? :)

Personally, I don't think this is the right way to go unless we nerf pallets because we need a perfect, balanced aggressive:stealth ratio. If one side is too high than the other or both values are too high, it could be overwhelming for the killer.

C'mon Mandy, I wanna hear your opinion! :)

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

Lol @ this post

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

You must be new to this game, but it confuses me why you would make such a bold claim as "this game should be reevaluated" when you just started playing it. Let me tell you a little secret: This game's mechanics have pretty much always been survivor sided.

The game is killer sided if survivors don't know how to loop but it turns around quickly once they figure it out. If you're not surviving more than half of your games, there are plenty of resources online that will teach you various aspects of survivor gameplay.