The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

what happens to the matchmaking ?

Soap
Soap Member Posts: 5
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

I don't know why but the last 2 weeks matchmaking is kinda bad. When I'm survivor I can get easily a red rank (I'm purple 6) with green survivors as such a green killer with purple/red survivor. But I saw a youtube video and it was pretty funny, there were 1 rank 18, a rank 11, a rank 7 and a rank 3 against a rank 2 killer, it was like the daltons. It's the same when I play killer I often get 75% of purples against me (I'm green 12). I'm alone or the matchmaking system have a problem ?

Comments

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

Match making has been terrible recently, it is totally discouraging playing killer when you are brown/yellow ranks and get humiliated by green and purple ranks with a little bit of red mixed in there as well.

• Soap

here's an exemple

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

What happened to the matchmaker? Behavior happened. At this point in the game's life, it shouldn't even come as a shock anymore.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,199

It's a fair question. My killer queues at rank 3 the last few days have been upwards of 10 minutes at times. It's insane. Something changed. I was getting near instant queues as recently as Monday the 26th. As a rank 5 survivor, I'm often getting paired with rank 15 or lower teammates now. It's awful. I doubt the player/rank distribution changed drastically enough in the last week to cause such a change in the queue time and matchmaking experience. The ranks exist for a reason. Skilled players don't want to be forced into games with teammates who don't know how to play. New killers don't want to face super experienced survivors. Newer players don't want to get stomped by a 2k hours killer.

• Soap

Correct, it was until recently that I got this problem (like 1-2 weeks). Before I often played with players who have 1-3 cap levels with me/

• dist0rt
    dist0rt Member Posts: 32

Idk but I'm barely even playing atm because of it.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

For me it has been the opposite, I've been getting lowranks vs me EVERY time and I really don't like it, regardless of the "tryhard" or "hungry gamer" messages, I'm not enjoying low challenges...

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@dist0rt Same. I've been away for several months, and I was about to come back. Checked the forums over the past week or two, saw post after post about the matchmaking, said "to hell with that," and am waiting for Behavior to do something about it.

At this rate, I'm wondering if my return won't be until 2020. I'd say they move at a snail's pace, but that would be an insult to snails.

• The_Bogeyman
    The_Bogeyman Member Posts: 269

Its broken af right now. Baby killers and survivors are getting red ranks in their lobbies.