The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Random loss of control mid-game - bug or not?

Ever since today, it has sometimes happened that my controls stopped working randomly in matches. I couldn't crouch, walk, run etc, couldn't even look around, I would only see my mouse moving over the monitor.
Once it fixed itself after I got unhooked, other times I have just randomly pressed buttons while being in the middle of a chase and I would gain control back. Sometimes it happens multiple times in a match. But it only happens while being chased or hit by the killer.

I would just like to know if this has happened to anyone else before to differentiate between hardware failure of game issue.

Comments

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

There've been a few instances of this happening, I think. It's definitely a bug.

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    There've been a few instances of this happening, I think. It's definitely a bug.

I know that it's a bug that you can't move right from the beginning of the game but losing control right in the middle of it? Almost exclusively while being chased by a killer?
    There has been no update recently but this only happened since yesterday, it's just very strange.

• N3X
    N3X Member Posts: 39

Are you sure that you dont have any backround Programms running? I know About the Issue if you share your screen in Skype with someone in the time you Play. That your controls will ######### up, because of that the mous taps allways the Skype window.

• ComelyStar

@N3X said:
    Are you sure that you dont have any backround Programms running? I know About the Issue if you share your screen in Skype with someone in the time you Play. That your controls will [BAD WORD] up, because of that the mous taps allways the Skype window.

Nope, nothing in the background open except youtube and maybe discord, but no screen-sharing or anything like that. I also find it weird how it only happens while in a chase with a killer or a few seconds after being hit. At one point my character would just continue walking into one direction without me being able to stop her or do anything.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@ComelyStar said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

I know that it's a bug that you can't move right from the beginning of the game but losing control right in the middle of it? Almost exclusively while being chased by a killer?
    There has been no update recently but this only happened since yesterday, it's just very strange.

Yeah, it's happened to me before. I could look around but I couldn't move.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

I hope its not a spider, I hate spiders.

• ComelyStar

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@ComelyStar said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Yeah, it's happened to me before. I could look around but I couldn't move.

Except I couldn't even look around, my mouse cursor would just move over the screen. That's a little different.

• MrsMaliciousX
    MrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 736
    edited July 2018

my joy stick just goes buggy if I try to turn I start spinning in circles lmfao
    I thought it was just me :')

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Probably a "what it feels like to be a Killer against SWF" simulation.

In all seriousness, did you try simply left clicking the mouse on the game's window?

• ComelyStar

@Orion said:
    Probably a "what it feels like to be a Killer against SWF" simulation.

In all seriousness, did you try simply left clicking the mouse on the game's window?

I tried everything, everytime in happens. Click and press every button, alt-tab out of the game and back in etc. Like I said sometimes it fixes itself, sometimes not and I just die when in a hook struggle phase.