Best Killer Addons Discussion

Options
MasonMyers69
MasonMyers69 Member Posts: 246
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

If you had to put your piece of the best two addons for a certain killer, what would it be and why?

Mine would be - Huntress - Iridescent heads and Infantry belt - because who doesn't like to one shot at range.

Yours?

Comments

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Trapper: Iri Stone, Stitched bag

Wraith: All seeing Blood, Windstorm blood

Billy: Tuning Guide, Thompson Mix

Nurse: Ataxic, Catatonic

Huntress: Iri Head, Infantry Belt

Spirit: Wakizashi, Amuelt

Clown: Flask of Bleach, Ether 15%

Pig: Jigsaw Sketch, Last Will

Myers: J. Myers Memorial, Tuft of Hair

Cannibal: Beast Marks, Tuning Guide

Hag: Rusty Shackles, Dried Cicada

Rest i dont really know :(

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

I disagree with Spirit (Good spirits will always say MDR + Prayer Beads), Hag (Mint rag + rusty shackles), Pig (Video Tape + Last Will), and Bubba (Primer Bulb + Tuning Guide).

• xEa
    Options

MDR + Prayer gets countered by spine chill, would go for my addons any day. But i see your point

Mint Rag is a good alternative

Pig idk, there are no really good pig addons

Bubba you are wrong, Primer Bulp is way outclassed by Beast Marks imho

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

I'm not saying WS + YA is bad btw, it's very strong, just MDR + PB is stronger imo.

I don't play bubba so you might be right. Let's get the O G @GrootDude to enlighten us.

Pig agreed.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Trapper: Iridescent Stone with Tar bottle: Traps will open on their own, eliminating a lot of the time you need, and traps are nearly invisible on most maps, meaning you can leave them there.

Wraith: All seeing rune (ultra rare) and Coxcomb wax: You can see all survivors at 12 m, and get close without making a sound.

Billy: Primer Bulb and Marks of Doom: Most of the added time for the charge up is eliminated by primer bulb and you can move around the map really fast.

Nurse: I don't play nurse enough, but I'd say no addons. I can do just fine without any addons.

Shape: Tombstone Piece and J. Myers Memorial Flyer (Red Tombstone myers is also fun with the red hair addon): I just love tombstone myers. There is even a tactic to conserve evil within by mori'ing right before the T3 ends, so that it expires during the mori, so you get half of your evil within back.

Hag: Rusty Shackles and Mint Rag: Traps are invis and you can teleport to them at any time.

Doctor: Iridescent King and Mouldy electrode: You can give survivors so many afflictions that they won't know what you're running. Most of the time, people just don't know what to do against this. If I see them, they will light up red. I'll never lose them because I can see their hallucinations in Madness 2... not to mention fake pallets...

Huntress: While instadowns are nice, I end up running Oak handle and Flower Babushka are the best combo. Better recovery from hatchet throws and faster charging ends up getting me hatchet hits when I normally wouldn't.

Bubba: Instasaw is best for bubba, although I have been using Award winning chili and lightweight frame so that my chainsaw doesn't have that long a bump time but can still move fast.

Nightmare: Any Pallet Addon with Nancy's Masterpiece. If you pair these with Pop goes the weasel, you can teleport to gens a lot, especially against a team that doesn't wake up.

Pig: Either Crate of Gears/Tampered timer or Amanda's Letter/Leather straps. The latter only if I can secure an indoor map or with Devour Hope for obvious reasons.

Clown: I'm just bad as clown, so I don't know what addons are best. If you can hit bottles, I guess redhead pinky is good, but I don't really know.

Spirit: A lot of people say Prayer beads, and I can't fault that, but I think the purple amulet with the Mother daughter ring is best. You can move super fast, and right now, there's a glitch with the M/D ring where I can still see the scratch marks. Until they patch it, M/D ring is going to be top tier for me.

Legion: I love the Fuming Mixtape/ Yellow Ruler addon combo, as well as Iri button green sketchbook combo. With the first two, you'll be in frenzy a lot more often, so you'll see gen progress and know where to go. The second combo will let you know where anyone is when you hit someone with frenzy, break pallets in your way, and you can get there.

I'm not good enough with Plague, but I'd say the ones that recover from vile purge are great. As well as the Black Incense.

GF: Chewed Pen and Night vision monocular. You can stalk quickly and recover quickly.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited September 2019
    Options

1. Fragrant Tuft Of Hair

2. Mint Rag

3. Iridescent Heads

4. Prayer Bead Bracelet

5. Iridescent King/Iridescent Stone

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
  • Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

Trapper : both ultra rare add-ons.

Wraith : purple add-ons for speed while cloaking and uncloak time.

Billy : Carburetor Tunning Guide + Primer Bulb.

Nurse : Ataxic Respiration + Catatonic's Boy Treasure/Fragile Wheeze.

Myers : both stalking add-ons.

Hag : Dried Cicada + Turtle Egg.

Doctor : Iridescent King + Mouldy Electrode.

Cannibal : Carburetor Tunning Guide + Primer Bulb.

Huntress : Iridescent Head + Infantry Belt.

Freddy : Red Paint Brush + Swing Chains/Nancy's Masterpiece.

Pig : Video Tape + Last Will/John's Medical File.

Clown : Flask of Bleach + exhaustion add-on.

Spirit : Mother Daughter Ring + Prayer Beads/Bloody Hair Brooch.

Legion : both duration add-ons.

Plague : Black Incense + Apple.

Ghost Face : both power recovery rate add-ons.

• Raven014
    Options

Well, I'm saying what I like to use. I did say I have been using award winning Chili and Lightweight frame more recently though.

• xEa
    Options

As far as i am concerned, Award winning chilli has no effect at all.

• Objectively_speaking
    Options

Legion: Ruler Add-ons or Cold dirt and Frank's mixtape.

• Raven014
    edited September 2019
    Options

Your acceleration over time is drastically increased, since leatherface's speed increases per swing. This makes him faster when using the saw, but at the downside of a longer stun when bumping into things.

It's a decent combo with lightweight frame, which reduces it's only downside.

I've only been using it recently. I haven't said it's my favorite. I honestly don't have a favorite addon combo for him.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,780
    Options

For Clown definitely flask of bleach and ether. Great combo.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

MDR + Prayer Beads got a counter: Spine Chill.

Catatonic + Ataxic alias Omega Nurse got nothing as a counter if the nurse is good.

So yeah i think Omega Nurse is the strongest addon combination in the game at this time (and desperatly needs a Nerf).

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I disagree about Trapper. If you use both pink add-ons then once survivors see you have Bloody Coils they won't disarm traps making Iri Stone moot.

Best combo is Iri Stone + Honing Stone. No need to reset traps and if someone steps in a trap you don't need to react to it right away. If they get out and are not in dying then you know they are with someone else.

I also disagree about GF. Recovery + Stalk Rate is more effective.

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241
    Options

For trapper addons a bag is mandatory. Doesn't matter if it's brown or purple, bring a bag. I really like his green & purple trap-setting tool as well, having a yellow/purple bag with it makes him feel like a decent killer <3

For huntress and clown, you need those exhaustion addons to blank dead hard and balanced landing. For clown the two extra bottles is also a huge QoL upgrade, would pair it any day. For huntress I like the reloading gloves, that and even the brown exhaustion addon are a great combo.

For Myers I like the glass that shows you auras for 5 seconds of people you stalked in tier 2. That with the yellow faster stalking addon that works on all the survivors is deece, would recommend.

For wraith I like having ghost and the boneclapper. I want everyone looking over their shoulder, and for my target to not know who's getting rushed down.

My main point across these is that BP economy in regards to your addons is also a form of power. Having the addons you want every game is powerful in and of itself, so the good brown & yellow ones have their own strengths

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Award winning chili does more harm than good, use the tuning guide or knife scratches instead(knife scratches are preferable)

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    edited September 2019
    Options

Nah, double recovery add-ons are much better, stalk add-ons are pretty much useless now after they were nerfed. With both add-ons, your cooldown is just 16 seconds, while you need a purple add-on to cut off 0.75 seconds of stalk rate, which is not worth IMO.

Post edited by Marcus on
  • xEa
    Options

Have heared from Killer mains on Twitch that this is just an optic effect and it does not do anything. I have not tested it tho, so i could be wrong.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Stacking some Windstorms is pretty hot.

• n2njauwu
    n2njauwu Member Posts: 267
    Options

no no and no . stalking rate is already fast , u need both cd addons to actually play games at higher ranks else ur m1 killer

• Raven014
    Options

I could be wrong too, but that's what I've heard about the chili addons. Otherwise it'd be pointless... on a pointless killer...

• xEa
    Options

Yea thats what i heard, its pointless and not working. Maybe a Mod or a Dev could answer that question?