Is Death a being in the DBD universe?

Options
Firepaul19
Firepaul19 Member Posts: 26

I've just been wondering how exactly death works in the lore. I understand that you can't really die in the entity's realm but if death was an omnipotent being, would it try to interfere with the entity's games? Also would it be allowed to take the souls sent to the void?

I'm trying to get a better understanding of death in the game and if it being an omnipotent being could work here.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sackboy123
    Sackboy123 Member Posts: 465
    edited September 2019
    Options

Maybe the entity is death, maybe death doesn't exist in the entity's Universe. So many questions.

• End_of_Slayer
    End_of_Slayer Member Posts: 144
    Options

I tried to find the tweet, but I lost it. I tweeted Mathieu, asking if it would be possible to get the Grim Reaper (basically death) as a killer. He explained that the Reaper would be more satisfied in taking souls, not working for something else. I don’t think death can come into a timeless realm because none of them truly die.

• SureSpear
    SureSpear Member Posts: 211
    Options

Yeah, that makes sense. Death serves to usher beings to the afterlife. He's not inherently malicious like the Entity. If he did exist as a person in this universe, he'd me more likely to try and fight the Entity than serve it.

• Bloodartist
    Bloodartist Member Posts: 123
    Options

I dont think the people in entity realm actually died, I personally think that Entity just snatched those people out of their own world before they died. Don't all origin stories involve disappearances?

The entity realm is a nightmare realm where normal things dont apply imo. Like virtual reality. :P

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

If anything, death seems to be removed from this realm.