July 12th DEV Stream Discussion.

Options

Lots of people were whining in the chat. It was unbearable.

The DEVS explained away the reasoning for the PTB changes. BBQ as it is... etc.

Well said DEVS. You guys are awesome and seem like you're seriously interested in making this a long term game. The changes in the 2.0.0 patch and the upcoming changes are just wonderful QoL changes.

Survivors need to adapt to things. I do wonder if Vigil is going to counter the exhaustion nerf. It should.

If Survivors want their trusty OP perk, they should just run vigil with it and get it in 32 seconds instead of 40. (Vigil should ignore the exhaustion nerf)

So 2 perks to have SB the way it was?

You bet.

THe stream was great. Enjoy your vacation @not_Queen

I agreed with you guys immensely in this stream. It was explained well. Most of us love you guys!

Comments

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I really want to make two quick points. @not_Queen

1. Make it so that the perk Vigil doesn't follow the new exhaustion change. That is, players will still be able to recover while running, if Vigil is equipped. Note that, even though Vigil is active, it will still take twice as much time to recover if the survivor is running. 

2. Exhaustion pause should be limited to running while getting chased. This would not give survivors a virtual button to hold on to sprint burst while running when not in a chase. 
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Git gud 
    -Behavior 2018
  • ShesArebel88
    ShesArebel88 Member Posts: 234
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    Lots of people were whining in the chat. It was unbearable.

The DEVS explained away the reasoning for the PTB changes. BBQ as it is... etc.

Well said DEVS. You guys are awesome and seem like you're seriously interested in making this a long term game. The changes in the 2.0.0 patch and the upcoming changes are just wonderful QoL changes.

Survivors need to adapt to things. I do wonder if Vigil is going to counter the exhaustion nerf. It should.

If Survivors want their trusty OP perk, they should just run vigil with it and get it in 32 seconds instead of 40. (Vigil should ignore the exhaustion nerf)

So 2 perks to have SB the way it was?

You bet.

THe stream was great. Enjoy your vacation @not_Queen

I agreed with you guys immensely in this stream. It was explained well. Most of us love you guys!

Well said 😸

• Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163
    Options

I loved how Stefan had the BALLS to stand up and justify all the PTB changes to all the whiners in chat and reinforce why they are needed and why they are going through next patch.
    It would of been a lot easier to give in to survivor pressure (like they did with Freddy) and revert or put off the changes.

The fact that he did that and then went on to explain the reasoning why BBQ won't see any future changes anytime soon really reinforced my faith in him and his team that this game can and will see good well thought out and much NEEDED blance changes in patches to come such as the ability to close the hatch and DS not causing you to drop survivors anymore.

Who knows, one day Hex totems might get some love at this rate, very impressed!

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114
    Options

@Khalednazari said:
    I really want to make two quick points. @not_Queen

1. Make it so that the perk Vigil doesn't follow the new exhaustion change. That is, players will still be able to recover while running, if Vigil is equipped. Note that, even though Vigil is active, it will still take twice as much time to recover if the survivor is running. 

2. Exhaustion pause should be limited to running while getting chased. This would not give survivors a virtual button to hold on to sprint burst while running when not in a chase. 

Thanks for the feedback, will relay to the design team!

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited July 2018
    Options
    To be honest I thought BHVR is by run by pushovers, not sure if that was the case or they have been simply been fed ######### data internally but im glad you finally show some faith. Keep it up.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Survivors are just salty that surviving is going to become harder. They want it be extremely easy. That’s why the PTB is a wasteland. Survivors don’t want to adapt to the changes, so they quit.
  • Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175
    Options
    It’s just something to adapt to, I personally don’t use exhaustion perks, but my crutch perk is bond or empathy and if that got drastically changed I’d be bummed, but again just adapt.