A Linux Inquiry

blurmcclure18
blurmcclure18 Member Posts: 12
edited January 2022 in General Discussions

I was curious how many people in the community are Linux users, and if you only run Windows to play games like Dead By Daylight that essentially cannot be run on Linux with Wine or Steam Proton. I use Manjaro Linux for my daily driver and really only use Windows to run games I can't get working on Wine. Since the Devs have this game on virtually every platform now including Mobile that is soon to come, I was hoping to make a case to try and get it available for Linux and Mac users. This is one of the few games I play on a regular basis and would love to beable to play it on Linux instead of having to use either my Windows gaming laptop or dual boot my main computer into Windows.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• yukairi
    yukairi Member Posts: 241

I'm agree with you

• Alcolonel
    Alcolonel Member Posts: 2

There is still this Easy Anti Cheat error that prevent DBD to run on linux with proton. C'mon devs, most of ppl uses dual boot just to play games but if we could avoid windows ... like borderlands (even serious sam is compatible).

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I totally agree. For a game that was designed for PC, I believe that compatibility with major operating systems other than Windows should have taken priority over console releases, let alone handhelds and mobile. I'm not a game developer, though, so I have no idea how difficult that is to do, or whether the game lends itself better to console compatibility than it does to Linux or Mac.

• shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163

Currently the only way to play Dead by Daylight on linux is a virtual machine, preferable with GPU passthrough (and yes it's possible with only one gpu).

Otherwise we can just wait until steam and easy-anti-cheat find a solution so eac runs with proton or the devs decide to use another ant-cheat software.

This discussion has been closed.