Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Generators and Toolboxes.

Kaalaxi
Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

Do we need to nerf these things? Games going by too quick?

Comments

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    still waiting to see what happens with the things already in the works before I continue to request changes.  maybe the changes in the pipeline will bring the balance that all sides want. (probably not, but one can dream)
  • Bhazgrim
    Bhazgrim Member Posts: 40

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    One of the biggest reasons games go by too quick is because chases go on too long. If generators were to get any kind of nerf, adding more time might not be the way to go due to how boring they are to do. I personally think that the best way to add time to gens would be to have survivors do other objectives, like maybe find parts around the map to repair them or something. As for toolboxes themselves, I don't think they're the main culprit of genrushing but they do make it worse. The main issue is chases being extended by looping and second-chance perks like DS.

I like your idea. I think it would be cool/different to have to search around the map looking for a part to possibly insert into agen to then repair it. Would it be like searching for a key in a pig trap box?

I'd be on board for that idea.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    I agree the biggest issue is chases taking too long and survivors being able to waste too much of the killers time. However, I do think survivors should have to find a part to work on gens first to slow it down a little there without just adding more gen time.
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@Bhazgrim said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    One of the biggest reasons games go by too quick is because chases go on too long. If generators were to get any kind of nerf, adding more time might not be the way to go due to how boring they are to do. I personally think that the best way to add time to gens would be to have survivors do other objectives, like maybe find parts around the map to repair them or something. As for toolboxes themselves, I don't think they're the main culprit of genrushing but they do make it worse. The main issue is chases being extended by looping and second-chance perks like DS.

I like your idea. I think it would be cool/different to have to search around the map looking for a part to possibly insert into agen to then repair it. Would it be like searching for a key in a pig trap box?

I'd be on board for that idea.

I think there's many ways to apply the idea. I more lean to searching the map for parts scattered here and there but your idea is cool too. I've heard some suggest switches for survivors to turn on before they can work on certain gens. All of these are interesting ideas in my opinion. As for which one to go with, that would have to be up to the community or the devs themselves.

• det0xxp
    det0xxp Member Posts: 121
    edited July 2018
    I think they need to add "hex checks" when the killer is in terror radius of the gen or something. This ######### is getting ridiculous. Why do the devs not care about the killers? If it wasnt for any of us the game would be dead.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@det0xxp said:
    I think they need to add "hex checks" when the killer is in terror radius of the gen or something. This ######### is getting ridiculous. Why do the devs not care about the killers? If it wasnt for any of us the game would be dead.

Because survivor players are undeniably better at you in real life at boycotting. With just the PTB alone, survivors have completely crashed its match making from leaving. And even full game match making is withering. Sorry, but they got you beat.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Jack11803 said:

@det0xxp said:

Because survivor players are undeniably better at you in real life at boycotting. With just the PTB alone, survivors have completely crashed its match making from leaving. And even full game match making is withering. Sorry, but they got you beat.

And always remember, there needs to be at least 4x the amount of survivors as killers, of killers were just as appealing, how’d matchmaking work?

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Jack11803 said:

@det0xxp said:

That, and the fact that the developers seem adamant not to “change how the game works” when it comes to the gens. I mean, they’ve hit Sabo, facecamping (body block the hook prompt as Killer), ect. I don’t understand why they aren’t doing something about Gen Rush. If they are going to leave Looping so the chases drag on for as long as they do, they have to change up the Gens. Killers that have nothing in their tool kit to help with the chase will always be bottom tier then. 
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018

Yep

4 gens in 3 minutes ruin active the whole time, only 1 common toolbox used no BNP
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh17g7TIhU0

All gens done in 4 minutes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z39cgI6PyxA

Loop P3 Doctor 5 minutes for 5 gens
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI7mVVIAJs0

Loop Huntress for 5 gens in 3 minutes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hB8pRZBPvI

These are not about the Killer's being bad, it shows you how fast Gens can be done in this game, you are only able to counter this by playing as the Nurse

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

The day when matches don't end in under 5 minutes without Ruin would be a day of much rejoicing. Finally, Ruin is no longer a required perk! You no longer just have 3 perk slots, you now get 4!

I’m waiting for that too. The developers talk all the damn time about doing this and that to change up the Survivor meta, but the Killer meta has been stale for a while as well. It’s all about time saver and time waster perks.